Post subject: FS: Bi-Fold Aircraft Hangar Door
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 23:20 

Post Likes: +2859
Company: The Claussen Group
Aircraft: 56TC,B60,A200
Used Crown Industrial Bi-fold Door
52' Wide
20' Tall
Great condition used Bi-Fold door. This is an electric door that can be run on either two phase of three phase power. The door is cable driven. Included with the sale is the controls, operating mechanism, hardware, latches, and all related wiring for the door controls. Not included is the outer frame the door hangs on. Door includes the skin but I would recommend planning for new skin to match your building. Sheets are 10' long and simply fasten right to the front of the structure. Door can be easily insulated using 2" foam between the structure or ensolite spray foam. This is a $25,000 door new.

I will load the door on to a semi trailer for no additional expense. I will also arrange shipping at buyers expense. The door is a wide load so shipping will be a little more than standard rates for a flat bed semi one way. I installed the exact same used door on my building and have attached a photo of it.

Price is $5000

Phone: 712-301-514fyyvveeee

Chris

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Last edited on 24 Jun 2019, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FS: Bi-Fold Aircraft Hangar Door
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2019, 00:18 

Post Likes: +10530
Aircraft: 1970 Baron B55
Username Protected wrote:
Used Crown Industrial Bi-fold Door
52' Wide
20' Tall
I will load the door on to a semi trailer for no additional expense. I will also arrange shipping at buyers expense. The door is a wide load so shipping will be a little more than standard rates for a flat bed semi one way. I installed the exact same used door on my building and have attached a photo of it. Chris

I might be interested. It appears that I'm going to have to rebuild my hangar in a few years because the airport needs the 30 ft on the runway side removed and my plans for the replacement hangar include a larger door. I'd have to figure out where to store the door in the meantime though.

Are the latches automatic or manual? Can you post a pictures showing the actuator, latches, and base of the door from the inside?

BTW why can't the door ride on a trailer tilted so that occupies a space 8 ft wide and 6 ft high? That would put the top about 9-10 ft high on a trailer with a bed 3-4 ft above the road.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2019, 00:32 

Post Likes: +821
Aircraft: Cessna A185F
Only 10’ wide? Permits are cheaper than the fixture to hold it at a slope, and the time it would take to load it. Also, risk of damage if the fixture didn’t hold.

We’re talking a few hundred dollars difference in shipping, not thousands. IA to MN considered.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2019, 09:06 

Hi Lance,

I posted photos as requested of those items. The latches are manual and the door will not operate until the latches are undone and completely stowed. As Daryl said, the work to support the door at an angle would be equivalent to the extra shipping charges in my experience.

Chris

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2019, 09:33 

Hi Lance,

I posted photos as requested of those items. The latches are manual and the door will not operate until the latches are undone and completely stowed. As Daryl said, the work to support the door at an angle would be equivalent to the extra shipping charges in my experience.

Chris

Ah, that makes sense, I was thinking there was a lot of cost shipping a 10' wide load. At least you're fairly close.

I just need to find a place to store the door for a few years which shouldn't be too hard. I'll look into that right away.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2019, 13:28 

Bump

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 10:38 

I still have a couple more doors. I am currently working on a better shipping arrangement to avoid the over width expenses.

Chris

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 18:22 

Post Likes: +772
Aircraft: 35-B33
Anything 40x12?

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 19:56 

Company: Twin City Avionics, LLC
Aircraft: T210N
I have roller doors that I would like to replace about 52' wide but only 16' high. Any other doors or can this one be reasonably modified? Shipping expense to Massachusetts?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2019, 20:58 

Post Likes: +6112
Aircraft: 1979 Bonanza A36
Minor point, but there is no such thing as two phase. Its either single or three phase, and I've never seen a motor that can be switched between the two.
This could be a major issue for someone if the motor is three phase and they only have single phase power. I've run into this issue many times in the past in my line of work.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 13:59 

The doors could be modified height and width by any portable welding outfit. Changing the height would be a little easier then width, simply because of the drive line across the bottom the rolls the cable would have to be shorted.

They are able to be three phase or single phase. My mistake on the two phase, I meant to describe either or. I asked my electrician to get me a description of the content or effort required to do so. I know my tbone hangar door was ran single phase and it was previously three phase.

The shipping varies, I think I’ve devised a way to move them myself using a 1 ton truck vs the third party semi option. PM m with an exact address and I can get a better idea.

Chris

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 21:06 

Minor point, but there is no such thing as two phase. Its either single or three phase, and I've never seen a motor that can be switched between the two.
This could be a major issue for someone if the motor is three phase and they only have single phase power. I've run into this issue many times in the past in my line of work.

Technically most "single phase" ACIMs are actually two phase, at least when starting although the common term for that is "split phase". Of course those all run on a single phase source and the 2nd phase is generated locally with one or more capacitors.

And while a 3 phase motor won't run when connected directly to a single phase source, there are inexpensive VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) that will run a 3 phase motor and provide other benefits as well such as speed control and soft start stop. Most of the VFD suppliers offer models that will work with up to 2HP motors and at least one has a unit that goes to 3HP.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 21:13 

Post Likes: +6112
Aircraft: 1979 Bonanza A36

Technically most "single phase" ACIMs are actually two phase, at least when starting although the common term for that is "split phase". Of course those all run on a single phase source and the 2nd phase is generated locally with one or more capacitors.

And while a 3 phase motor won't run when connected directly to a single phase source, there are inexpensive VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) that will run a 3 phase motor and provide other benefits as well such as speed control and soft start stop. Most of the VFD suppliers offer models that will work with up to 2HP motors and at least one has a unit that goes to 3HP.

We ran VFD's with integrated phase converters all the way up to 15 HP, but they were bulky and very inefficient. I am assuming that's what is being used in this application.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 22:17 

We ran VFD's with integrated phase converters all the way up to 15 HP, but they were bulky and very inefficient. I am assuming that's what is being used in this application.

I used this unit on a 2HP door actuator. It's rated for 3HP but I wanted some extra headroom. According to the specs it's about 94% efficient at full power (less efficient at low power). It's the most powerful VFD the company sells that can be powered single phase. They have units that go up to 100HP but those all require 3 phase input power. There are physical limitations that preclude more than 3HP from a VFD with single phase input, mostly the fact that the bus capacitors have to provide most of the current and they only get charged during a small fraction of the single phase sine wave.

https://tinyurl.com/automationDirectGS3-23p0

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 22:33 

Post Likes: +12331
Aircraft: B55 PII,F-1,L-2,OTW,

Actually single phase to 3 phase is pretty easy and not that expensive with frequency drives....

Be Nice, Kind, I don't care, be something, just don't be a jerk ;-)

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next