Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Alabama Plane Painting Company... Now accepting appointments
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 03:07 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7
Company: Alabama Plane Painting Company
[Link]http://www.paintyourplane.com[/Link]
Thank you for taking the time to view my post. I am Leon Hiebert the proud new owner of Alabama Plane Painting Company. After working in the aircraft painting business for more than 10 years for someone else, I have finally opened my own shop. I was disgusted with the way customers were treated by my former employer and I wanted the customers to have a better experience. AKA NO BS.. Up front honest quotes and bills with no hidden fees or excuses. If you or any one you know is interested having a plane painted, please give us a call (334-521-2797). We are a one stop shop that can provide painting, interior, annual, mods, stc's, and avionics from a 145 Avionics repair shop. A client / member of your forum recommend that we post here. below is his recently delivered plane done in just 6 weeks with full strip and paint to the 2016 paint scheme at price lower than you would expect.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Post subject: Re: Alabama Plane Painting Company... Now accepting appointm
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 06:21 

Post Likes: +23513
Aircraft: Prior C310,BE33,SR22
http://paintyourplane.com/

- Mars Bonfire

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 10:11 

Post Likes: +12386
Aircraft: C182
Leon, it's good to hear about a new paint shop.

I would add that the testimonials on your website that trash your former employer by name are a big turnoff for me. :shrug:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 10:20 

WWW  Profile

I will see about toning down the comments some more. Thank you for you input.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 10:29 

Post Likes: +1301
Company: Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Aircraft: 1991 Bonanza A36
Welcome, Leon!

Sorry you had such a bad experience with your former employer - sad to hear, but best wishes on making a run for it yourself.

I didn't see any pictures of interiors... Is that a wish-list item? Does your metal guy/A&P do that work?

What's the avionics angle? Is that something you partner with someone else co-located on the field? Or does your A&P handle that? Who does the avionics sign offs?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 10:37 

Post Likes: +6883
Aircraft: 1997 A36TN
I welcome new vendors into the aviation market as we need good vendors; at the same time, I have to say that I think your posting behavior is quite a bit self-serving for a non-vendor/non-advertiser on BT.

The Jeffs (who own the site) are pretty lenient about casual and incidental plugs for someone's business, but your first 4 posts, all in the span of 26 minutes, were all plugs for your company. That's entrepreneurial, but not exactly following the community norms here (IMO).

For your convenience, here's a link to the advertising process on BT: https://www.beechtalk.com/btc/advertise/

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 11:18 

WWW  Profile

Thank you for the link... We do plan to advertise here and on several sites at the beginning of the year... Last night we just started poking around several sites learning the feel and layout of each site. Could not help my self as we were looking around.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 02:02 

WWW  Profile

Username Protected wrote:
Welcome, Leon!

Sorry you had such a bad experience with your former employer - sad to hear, but best wishes on making a run for it yourself.

I didn't see any pictures of interiors... Is that a wish-list item? Does your metal guy/A&P do that work?

What's the avionics angle? Is that something you partner with someone else co-located on the field? Or does your A&P handle that? Who does the avionics sign offs?

At the time the site went live there were no pictures available. we will be updating the site over the next week to show interiors and more.

Our paint staff / interior staff work together with our 2 A&P's to install and do modifications as necessary. A&P's and IA's Cover all the things required by the FAR's

Skywarrior Avionics in Pensacola FL is a close working partner of ours in regards to avionics only. They have recently opened and hired experienced techs for their Avionics 145 Repair station. In our effort to give the customer a "ONE STOP SHOP" arrangements are made with them to use our location for installs too as the are putting in a mobile unit soon too. We help coordinate the installs with them and all billing for avionics comes from them.

Thank you for your questions..

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 13:29 

Post Likes: +274
Aircraft: P35, 1963
Do you have experience working with the magnesium ruddervators on our V-tail Bonanzas?
Thanks and welcome!
Tom

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2016, 13:48 

WWW  Profile

Yes we just recently finished on for another beachtalk member.. it was not a V tail but it had magnesium parts too. (see picture above in post)

We were using E-2390 MAGNA-DYNE MAGNESIUM CONVERSION COATING REF: Mil M-3171 Class Vl but this product has been discontinued and is no longer manufactured by PolyFiber.

We have since switched to Sanchem's SafeGard® CONVERSION COATING FOR MAGNESIUM
SafeGard 3400Mg - is a RoHS compliant chromate free chemical conversion coating that will give you better paint and adhesive adhesion then hexavalent chromate conversion coating. SafeGard CC is not affected by heat and will not dry out and mudcrack the way standard chromate conversion coating do. This conversion coating quickly reacts with magnesium to create a protective barrier. The SafeGard process is easy to control and can be applied by spray, brush, or dip. (we brush and spray)

http://www.sanchem.com/magnesium-conver ... tings.html

We follow the MFG recommendations to a "T". Please note SafeGard 3400Mg does not require "Heating" to activate as many other products do. We use a Chlorine free / distilled water to rinse to also reduce other possible contaminants.

As the customer you can always request alternate products and applications if you desire a specific product or method. We will be happy to this for you but may have to adjust cost accordingly.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 21:18 

WWW  Profile

[Link]http://www.paintyourplane.net
Thank you for taking the time to view my post. I am Leon Hiebert the proud new owner of Alabama Plane Painting Company. After working in the aircraft painting business for more than 10 years for someone else, I have finally opened my own shop. I was disgusted with the way customers were treated by my former employer and I wanted the customers to have a better experience. AKA NO BS.. Up front honest quotes and bills with no hidden fees or excuses. If you or any one you know is interested having a plane painted, please give us a call (334-322-7194). We are a one stop shop that can provide painting, interior, annual, mods, stc's, and avionics from a 145 Avionics repair shop. A client / member of your forum recommend that we post here. below is his recently delivered plane done in just 6 weeks with full strip and paint to the 2016 paint scheme at price lower than you would expect.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 21:19 

WWW  Profile

[Link]http://www.paintyourplane.net
Thank you for taking the time to view my post. I am Leon Hiebert the proud new owner of Alabama Plane Painting Company. After working in the aircraft painting business for more than 10 years for someone else, I have finally opened my own shop. I was disgusted with the way customers were treated by my former employer and I wanted the customers to have a better experience... Up front honest quotes and bills with no hidden fees or excuses. If you or any one you know is interested having a plane painted, please give us a call (334-322-7194). We are a one stop shop that can provide painting, interior, annual, mods, stc's, and avionics from a 145 Avionics repair shop. A client / member of your forum recommend that we post here. below is his recently delivered plane done in just 6 weeks with full strip and paint to the 2016 paint scheme at price lower than you would expect.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 21:23 

WWW  Profile

I do apologize for any post that was off subject for the last year my page was controlled by a ex employee I am Leon owner of Alabama Plane Painting Company LLC our new number is 334-322-7194 our website http://www.paintyourplane.net we are also on Facebook at Alabama Plane Painting Company

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]