Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Question - Why do some sellers say "call for price"
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 14:59 

Post Likes: +2104
Company: TTM Development Co LLC
Aircraft: Piper PA28/140
Username Protected wrote:
...seen many sold that were CFP, and know some stand-up guys who use it.

I'll ask again: What is their rationale? That they got someone to call regardless- confirmation bias?

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 15:20 

Post Likes: +959
Company: Ace Tomato Company
Aircraft: Ughhhh.
Username Protected wrote:
Maybe I should start marketing all of my Real Estate listings with "Call for price"..... :coffee:

You laugh. But my wife has a current listing that the owner insists be CFP in all the ads.

It's a 3/2/2 Brick Ranch in a nondescript subdivision with nothing fancy, not some beach mansion.

BE300 61.58 5/17
MC-12W PFE 2/16

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 15:25 

Post Likes: +714
Company: Corporate Air Technology
Aircraft: Pa28-235
I am not offended by this, Lets Make a Deal may be more appropriate. You see many other items for sale with note "Make Offer" why is that different. Often sellers are not certain what the market will bare, they put a number on the item they have just set the peak number. If it is nice and shinny and blows someones skirt up it could bring more than what the seller thinks it is worth. There is certainly a minimum price a seller is willing to accept, few establish a maximum, fishing the waters may hook someone who just fell in love with what you are selling, why would you want to limit your potential?

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 19:10 

Post Likes: +3653
Aircraft: 1954 Bonanza E35
Quote:
You laugh. But my wife has a current listing that the owner insists be CFP in all the ads.

I laugh because I lived through 2008-12 as a Realtor/Broker, and I listed more than a few properties with "Call for Price", so my laugh comes from personal business experience.

Your Wife may do great with CFP ads on a particular property if it has some insane qualities, who knows? Frankly, I think some folks have lost their minds pricing wise right now, in Real Estate, anyways. I saw a double wide on 10 acres sell for $420,000 a couple of months ago....that's insanity, for me. :shrug:

Here's what I received as responses to "Call for price" ads, over the course of about 2 years:
Legitimate Buyers: Zero

Tire kickers, lowballers, people just looking to take advantage of others' misfortune, ("Are they in REALLY dire straights? I'd like to offer them 30 cents on the dollar; let's see how bad they really want to sell!")
Some of these guys were just brutal; to me. Everyone likes getting a good deal, but for me personally, I don't like kicking the hell out of a family when they're down, lost their jobs, and are having a hard time.

A LOT (as in 90% plus) of people who would call, and once given the price, would laugh at the price; even when the price wasn't really all that high; and the vast majority of them had no idea what values were anyways. Some would just hang up on me, others would start screaming through the phone about what a shyster POS I must be to not provide the price in the first place; so as not to waste their time, and I get that. Even had a solid 30 or 40 people call to JUST give me hell about it; they weren't interested in anything I was selling, they just hated on me because I was "forcing people to call". Typical call:
"You must be desperate for business to not list the price, just so you know, if we come to Coeurd'alene & want to buy something, we'll make SURE to not use you!"
Nice, eh?

Here's the thing; if you have a plane, and it's PERFECT & you really don't care if you sell it or not; you can list it as "call for price". When you do, you definitely alienate a good and substantial percentile of potential Buyers. That being said, some will call that are looking for "that" plane, and very few will buy on a CFP ad. That being said, as a Salesman, I specifically don't want to alienate ANY Buyers on a good product just because I'm baiting them in with what is essentially a sales tactic whose sole intention is to force people to call., so I can "sell" them something.

To each; his own.
Chris
:cheers:

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2017, 15:05 

Post Likes: +1404
Company: Real Estate development
Aircraft: C90; Citation II, V
Without promotion something terrible happens..... nothing!
P.T. Barnum.

So...do you want to talk to P. T.?

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7