28 Mar 2024, 03:59 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Instant Aircraft Analyzer
PostPosted: 29 May 2023, 11:05 

Post Likes: +636
Mike:

I have not looked at the app but I have a question, in the past you have been the biggest opponent of this type of data and have unequivocally stated that this data is useless without an certified appraiser.

What sets this data apart that makes it so much more useful/valuable /accurate than other providers? In short, why would I pay money to use this one over others?

Thanks

Brad

PostPosted: 29 May 2023, 11:05 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +52
Aircraft: 601P
Username Protected wrote:

Insofar as the subscription, I have to disagree that "most" subscription services provide a pro-rated refund. There may be some options if someone reaches out to customer service but those are exceptional - especially after the trial period has ended. As a paid subscriber, there are a number of options open if the desire is to terminate access to the software before the renewal date. These could have been exercised if some effort was made to address them such as a trouble ticket or even PMing me directly. However, the system level default action taken by the payment processor once a subscriber chooses to cancel after the trial period is to terminate access immediately - period. No refunds and no termination at the end of the paid period. Full termination is immediate and any options as a subscriber are also terminated. In this case I have initiated a full refund and you should see that in a few days. Let me know if you do not. Efforts are also underway to provide subscribers with more control over their account and subscribers should see this soon.

Carl didn't say he expected a pro-rata'd refund - he said he expected a pro-rata'd refund OR to maintain access to the end of the subscribed period.

I've never seen a subscription service just turn you off for cancelling - it's always at the end of the paid for period (plus a myriad of "are you sure?" emails to try and get you to stay signed up)

I don't know if it's just me but you seem quite hostile to people on this site positing feedback on a product that looks like its not ready for market just yet? I'm going to give it a try as I'm probably in your target market (looking for next plane - trying to get an idea across a few different options) so hopefully the experience is good.

PostPosted: 29 May 2023, 20:21 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +218
Company: Plane Data, Inc.
Aircraft: Cessna Cardinal RG

Carl didn't say he expected a pro-rata'd refund - he said he expected a pro-rata'd refund OR to maintain access to the end of the subscribed period.

I've never seen a subscription service just turn you off for cancelling - it's always at the end of the paid for period (plus a myriad of "are you sure?" emails to try and get you to stay signed up)

I don't know if it's just me but you seem quite hostile to people on this site positing feedback on a product that looks like its not ready for market just yet? I'm going to give it a try as I'm probably in your target market (looking for next plane - trying to get an idea across a few different options) so hopefully the experience is good.

Subscribers have several options open to them - including those identified and resubscribing is still an option. In addition, language will be added at some point in the future which clearly states "cancellation" will be immediate and there are no refunds. The subscriber may need to reach out to request a new subscription and they will be billed at that time but the option is still open - as are others.

You certainly have a right to your feelings and may interpret the comments however you wish. I simply have to push back when anyone elects to identify an issue as a "bug" on a public forum when there are other processes in place to effectively deal with problems AND when these issues are not software defects.

I will be the first to welcome a trouble ticket pointing to an issue with a screenshot or details helping us reproduce or identify an issue. Furthermore, most of the few issues we have run across are addressed in a day or two if that. Public forums are not the best vehicle for resolution of any technical issues or subscriber billing issues in a timely manner.

Please try the software and if you think there is a problem, by all means, use the trouble ticket button (Report a Problem) on the page and let us know. We will do our best to address it as quickly as possible. If there are billing questions, Report a Problem or call the 888 number at the bottom of the page and we will respond to it as best we can. Just be aware that there is a 5 day trial. After that, subscribers are billed for a one month period. If you wish to maintain access to the software for that month, DO NOT CANCEL until you are ready to do so.

Good luck.

Plane Data, Inc.
800-895-1382
www.planedata.com

PostPosted: 29 May 2023, 20:39 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +218
Company: Plane Data, Inc.
Aircraft: Cessna Cardinal RG
Mike:

I have not looked at the app but I have a question, in the past you have been the biggest opponent of this type of data and have unequivocally stated that this data is useless without an certified appraiser.

What sets this data apart that makes it so much more useful/valuable /accurate than other providers? In short, why would I pay money to use this one over others?

Thanks

Brad

This is a great question Brad and I am glad you asked. I will try to clear up any confusion.

What I have opposed in the past and continue to oppose today is the use of "desktop appraisals" wherein no one leaves the office to look at one rivet on an airframe or turn one page in a logbook. Those requesting an appraiser to provide a desktop report are really requesting the appraiser put their name on a document that is based on unverified and unvalidated data and it may or may not use current market data in the final opinion of value - all in the hope that the number they have and the appraiser's number are reasonably close. Furthermore, some appraisers believe that desktop reports are just as credible and reliable as those involving field visits. Spoiler alert! They are not. Here is the difference.

Most of these folks requesting desktop reports really want an appraisal report that is credible, reliable and believable. They simply do not want to risk the dollars having someone travel out there only to find that the aircraft really isn't "as represented" and then the deal does not go through or they have to start their search all over again and it may be money "wasted" (although I don't think so). For this reason, the PAAO elected to develop an "Analysis Tool" which looks at a price or value provided by the client (however they obtained or derived it) and for a fairly low price, determine the risk level associated with moving forward (red, yellow or green) BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED. There is no attempt to appraise a given aircraft and no attempt to provide a specific number. This software analyzes the data provided against the market with similar parameters to see how it stacks up AND we also look at the NTSB and FAA data to see if there are any related issues there.

I hope this answers your question but if not, there is a Help Document available that provides more detail than I can cover here. You may also PM me if you would like.

Good luck.

Plane Data, Inc.
800-895-1382
www.planedata.com

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2