29 Mar 2024, 09:34 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Difficulties with local airport
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 22:06 

Post Likes: +1862
Aircraft: C-182, GA-7
Somewhere I read where someone with the town said “this is not how small towns work”. I wish I could find the article. I guess you forgot to give Boss Hogg and Roscoe P. their cuts!
At least the FAA ASI follows the law and probably will have to deal with the steaming pile of poo these “officials” are stirring.

Congrats on the no finding from the FAA!

Every wrong or right turn they will report you to the FAA.

….noise meters tuned to the upper range of dog hearing to try and isolate those Garrets may be next!

I had an issue with false reports going to the FAA from a mechanic who no longer was associated with either of our aircraft. I had to sue the person for torturous interference with a business. My attorney was a Bulldog. Between serving them at their employer and asking the same FSDO Chief inspecting us, it helped. It stopped when the FSDO said they would pull his CFI and A&P tickets the next time he made a false complaint. Anonymous complaints, or complaints from his buddies, would also be seen as coming from him. He did make a legit complaint on another aircraft and the FAA violated the aircraft versus the pilot. Never had an FAA complaint until we disassociated from this person. It was taking the FSDO away from aviation safety and was a pain in my arse!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 22:33 

Post Likes: +4354
Aircraft: 182, A36TC
Congratulations on the “No finding.”

You still need to go after the culprits. If you don’t they will continue to behave badly. Get that individual out of their position. Get fellow pilots on the board. The airport sounds like a mess. Not going in there if I can avoid it.

Did you piss anyone off that you know of recently? It could be they are wannabe richardheads. I will say it again. There are little Stalin’s running around everywhere. Just give them a chance. How do these people survive in a cowboy town?

Ryan Holt CFI

"Paranoia and PTSD are requirements not diseases"

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 01:27 

Post Likes: +270
Company: Premier Bone and Joint
Aircraft: BE90,HUSK,MU-2
Yes, I will admit that I have probably pissed of the airport manager as I have pushed back against airport rules she proclaims that are “off” and against the way she handles the lease.
Making us sign under threat of eviction a lease that says we will abide by their rules and regulations when they (still) haven’t written them 12mos later; backdating the lease 4 mos to make it look to the FAA like they were in accord with grant assurances, refusing to get a legal site plan and survey so we had legal descriptions of what we were leasing, telling us that our aircraft insurance must indemnify the airport and cover our hangars, telling us that we may not fuel our own planes, keep any fuel in our hangar or operate off the grass with bush planes. Blocking any parking next to our hangars and forcing us to park in the taxiways such that airplanes need to slalom down between cars to avoid collision. One of the reasons they gave for blocking access to my plane & private hangar was because my border collie was allegedly seen off leash at my hangar (no rules to the contrary at the airport and there is virtually no traffic at that end of the field and he usually just gets out of my plane and sits in the hangar).
So yes, I have pushed back and became a target causing them to try and have the FAA “get me” but that works both ways.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 07:46 

Post Likes: +159
Aircraft: 1989 Baron 58
I will boycot the airport and am sending email to "her" stating as such.
I will not patronize the airport until the harassments against Thomas cease.

Pete :cheers:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 09:01 

Post Likes: +3661
Aircraft: A36, R44, C525
Times do change. We used to have to land at Laramie for weather some clear evenings. Some fun, fun ol places downtown near the school. I gotta say I loved the 80’s.

Altitude is Everything.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 13:54 

Post Likes: +1862
Aircraft: C-182, GA-7
Isn’t backdating a form used for FAA grant assurances illegal? RuhRoh Shaggy!

Does Wyoming have a public records law that covers requests by non-Wyomingites!? I am thinking that obtaining copies of emails or copies of e-mails from personal e-mail accounts used for official business may be interesting.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 15:05 

Post Likes: +7931
Aircraft: C-182
Username Protected wrote:
Anyone know if confirmed Part 13 and Part 16 violations simply trigger FAA action against the airport and possible loss of funds, or can they be used to file a grievance and do what you say (get their attention). The reason I ask is because in the last couple years, the various things they’ve done failed to meet at least 5 required assurances. But I’ve also been told by an aviation professional that those complaints usually go nowhere with the FAA.
I did have a potential “angle” about their attorney initially “charging me” with taking off from a closed runway when it was clearly known to be open since they filed a NOTAM to close it shortly after I left. But that would potentially only be a Bar Assoc, issue, not an airport issue. The fact that they continue to suggest that I put lives in danger is most galling since all the trucks self-reported that they were clear before I started my takeoff roll which is exactly how most non-towered fields work around here with snow removal: as an aircraft approaches to land or depart the trucks temporarily stand clear, and then return to work afterward.

Your first move should be to contact the FAA Denver Airports District Office or the one in charge of that airport. You could call them with your story and they may, and probably would counsel the airport sponsor on their actions and it could end there. If not , let the ADO know that your call was a filing of a Part 13 complaint, with a written filing to follow. Have your facts together. This wouldn't likely warrant a Part 16 filing as something ongoing.

This just sounds like inexperienced airport management got too far out over their skis and will be resolved at the ADO level based on your contact with the ADO.

"Self fueling" is a right protected by grant assurances, but they can make you jump through hoops, such as safety protocols, permit fees, and flowage fees. It can only be done by the owner of his own plane, no "co-ops." You would likely lose on storing fuel in your hangar.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 21:04 

Post Likes: +270
Company: Premier Bone and Joint
Aircraft: BE90,HUSK,MU-2
Yes. We have been in contact with the Airports District Office. That is who requested a summary letter of issues which we are working on. Meeting with the airport and FAA to follow.
They asked us not to use the Part 13/16 system for now but to hold it in reserve.
We did check with our local fire chief of the fuel in hanger issue. It’s up to 500g, including all fuel in any Jerry cans, trailer tanks, vehicles, tugs, & aircraft.
If anyone had other references that tell a different tale, please advise. I have learned a huge amount of information researching these issues and I’m always “game” to learn more.
I’m pretty sure the city and airport board would just ignore a FOIA request or say they don’t have emails. That’s basically how they responded when asked for specifics on what rules were violated (until an attorney became involved).

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6