Aviation Fabricators (Top Banner)

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Funny New Citation Fuel Sticker
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2022, 23:44 

Post Likes: +29
Aircraft: GV IV 680 LRJET 690A
Username Protected wrote:
Funny stuff. At least with the idea of stopping unchecked population growth, we have the possibility of making a meaningful difference in a couple generations. I think the efforts to control our planet’s climate will be met with abject failure. But I’m under no illusions that altering our climate is really what this is all about.

Wow! A doctor that's a eugenicist. That's rich! Stay in County 22 if you aren't there already! :rofl: Too many people there.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2022, 09:50 

Post Likes: +3456
Aircraft: PA-30 Twin Comanche

TDLR - The problem isn't population, it is control.

That explains the "Green Movement's" hostility towards individual liberty.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2022, 12:31 

Post Likes: +272
Company: Premier Bone and Joint
Aircraft: BE90,HUSK,MU-2
Wow! A doctor that's a eugenicist. That's rich! Stay in County 22 if you aren't there already! :rofl: Too many people there.[/quote]

No green text so I’m assuming you’re not joking. Perhaps you should look up the definition of eugenics, as working toward limiting the total number of humans on the planet (without regard for race/ethnicity/sex etc) is not eugenics, it’s just biology.
As far as the “County 22” comment, I don’t even know what you mean. I live in the state with the second lowest population density per square mile in the country. We have more pronghorn antelope than people and we like it that way.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2022, 12:42 

If you’re referring to WY county 22 (Teton/Jackson Hole), no I don’t live there and most of us here in Wyoming don’t really consider that part of Wyoming. Large percentage of second homes for rich out-of-state owners looking to take advantage of our tax-free status by claiming residency here. They don’t generally share our western values.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2022, 13:13 

Post Likes: +8690
Aircraft: Lancair LNC2 - SOLD
...eventually you will run out of space and resources.
I flew across the U.S. a few years ago. It was mostly empty space and I have video to prove it.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2022, 14:13 

Post Likes: +4428
Aircraft: 182, A36TC
You have to realize something about the climate zealots. They will
Say things like “we are looking out for the most vulnerable and the poor.” They are doing the opposite. There policies would be hardest on the poor and vulnerable. In fact they are essentially removing any chance for the poor to improve their economic and physical well-being. They only “support” the poor by trying to tear down success of capitalism and freedom.

We f climate zealots have their way, Mother Nature (aka hunger and disease) will wreak havoc on the poor. Greta and friends are tue next great tyrants.

Ryan Holt CFI

"Paranoia and PTSD are requirements not diseases"

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2022, 01:04 

Post Likes: +29
Aircraft: GV IV 680 LRJET 690A
If you’re referring to WY county 22 (Teton/Jackson Hole), no I don’t live there and most of us here in Wyoming don’t really consider that part of Wyoming. Large percentage of second homes for rich out-of-state owners looking to take advantage of our tax-free status by claiming residency here. They don’t generally share our western values.

Sorry not really sure what the green text thing is exactly haha. Yes, if you're trying to limit over-population please do it in county 22 where the globalist climate alarmist and those against personal liberties typically hole up. There are way to many people in Teton County :) But I still love JHOLE and all of WY really. Sure beats Houston, TX :).

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2022, 15:28 

Yes, it is said that in Jackson Hole, the billionaires have pushed out the millionaires. A beautiful place for sure, but as you wrote, there are some atypical thought processes up there (at least as it compares to the rest of our state).
Thanks for clarifying ;-)

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2022, 23:17 

Post Likes: +1950
Aircraft: C-182, GA-7
Not to get political but a bright young economist linked to a report that indicates the Earth can’t sustain the growth of 80M a year or +200,000 people per day. Attributed to Bongaarts and O'Neill 2018 it was part of a HuffPost article that AOC linked to in a post on Twitter.

While I try to avoid politics, parts of the study in the article linked in her post was a good read:
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/11917836 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Someone is going to correct part of my post with green font, but consider both sides. I may not agree with one side or the other but I am not smarter than 11K PhDs. Also, I would like to fly privately to TN to see Al Gore do another presentation, or take a Global Express to a climate summit with a fueling sticker, but I am not a Billionaire.

I used to believe we are OK but seeing glaciers disappear off Rainier over the past 30 years has me convinced that something needs to change. Maybe not a new deal but some things.

The most effective thing anyone could do is work toward creating negative population growth. Give me virtually any current environmental and even most societal difficulties and I will posit that were there less humans, the problem would be much less severe.
Eventually a virus of some kind will probably take care of the problem, that seems to be how it works in most biological studies of unchecked population explosions. Imagine a virus as contagious as COVID but one that actually caused death in even 25% of cases. Something like that. Not saying I’m hoping for that, but we need to do something because our population on this planet is out of control. You can provide food aid and carbon offsets until you’ve blue in the face, but if humans keep multiplying it will all be for naught.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2022, 23:32 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +23622
Company: Ciholas, Inc
Aircraft: C560V
Not to get political but a bright young economist linked to a report that indicates the Earth can’t sustain the growth of 80M a year or +200,000 people per day.

Essentially all climate, habitat, pollution, energy, water, food problems are because we have too many people on the planet.

Reduce the number and all those problems abate tremendously.

I find it amusing when a person with 7 kids says I am damaging the environment. Their impact footprint includes their entire progeny and fractions of all future descendants from them. Those folks axiomatically ignore their impact from having offspring making it okay to complain about someone who flies a plane, but not someone who has 7 kinds.

Makes no sense.

Mike C.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2022, 04:46 

Post Likes: +2066
Aircraft: A36 Bonanza
Quote:
Essentially all climate, habitat, pollution, energy, water, food problems are because we have too many politicians on the planet.

Fixed it for you.

Anyone who seriously suggests world population is a problem is either ignorant or evil.

ALL the worlds problems are caused by politicians and the so called 'elite' who think they are smarter than the rest of us.

CO2 is a complete non issue.

The geological record and basic physics shows that to be incontrovertible.

Redcliffe
QLd, Australia

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2022, 08:16 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +229
Company: Citation Jet Exchange
Aircraft: 58P C510 C525 Excel
Quote:
Essentially all climate, habitat, pollution, energy, water, food problems are because we have too many politicians on the planet.

Fixed it for you.

Anyone who seriously suggests world population is a problem is either ignorant or evil.

ALL the worlds problems are caused by politicians and the so called 'elite' who think they are smarter than the rest of us.

CO2 is a complete non issue.

The geological record and basic physics shows that to be incontrovertible.

So much wrong, it's not even worth the time.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2022, 08:31 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +23622
Company: Ciholas, Inc
Aircraft: C560V

Who elected those politicians? How convenient to blame them for doing what the electorate wants.

From your perspective, there must be a lot of 'elite' people out there.

Mike C.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2022, 14:15 

Post Likes: +1950
Aircraft: C-182, GA-7
I don't have 11,000 PhDs and while I may not agree with someone's politics, we can see the problems of overpopulation. Then again, I want 20 acres in WV and to retire a few hours away from DC and maybe base an LSA at KMRB or one of the other fields in WV.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2022, 04:29 

Post Likes: +2066
Aircraft: A36 Bonanza
Quote:
So much wrong, it's not even worth the time.

Really?

A couple of CO2 facts not disputed - even by the greens - just ignored, especially by the MSM and elected morons.

1/. Temperature variation precedes CO2 variation by 800-1000 years. As the world warms or cools CO2 is either released from solution in warming oceans or taken up by cooling oceans. The lag is because changing the temperature of a ocean is a slow process. If A happens before B then B cannot be causing A.

2/. CO2's ability to cause warming is logarithmic. Doubling or tripling CO2 from the current 400ppm CANNOT cause dangerous warming,

Millions of years ago 5000-7000ppm didn't cause a run away warming loop how the F will 500-700ppm do so in the future?

The above has been well accepted for decades and yet the 'elite' MSM, WEF, UN etc has been feeding this catastrophist line of BS now for decades to a population mostly too busy/trusting/stupid or uninterested in researching stuff for themselves.

And the result is our children, who have been deliberately targeted by the education system, are terrified and convinced, like AOC and GT, that the world is endangered by evil capitalism and the harmless gas it produces in minute quantities compared to the natural variety. A gas that is essential for all life on earth.

We ONLY have 400ppm - at much less than 180ppm ALL LIFE ON EARTH ENDS because photosynthesis becomes severely constrained.

So yes - anyone peddling the line that children are merely an added carbon burden on the planet are EVIL.

I can't actually imagine too many things more evil than convincing young people they have no future and therefore children are a burden that they shouldn't impose on Gaia...and that the reason they have no future is the very economic system that is the ONLY way to address real issues we face.

CO2 concentrations and population are two non issues.

Do a bit of research on basic physics and demographics - and then get angry.

Redcliffe
QLd, Australia

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next