banner
banner

28 Mar 2024, 09:41 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Anybody else get sick of liars and POS when selling?
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2022, 19:05 

Post Likes: +12386
Aircraft: C182
Username Protected wrote:
I'm actually starting to wonder if all of this is about a misdial, or someones phone auto-blocking what it thought was a spam call.

Modern technology can screw people up royally.

Amen, brother.

~8% of text messages are lost in the ether and not delivered or delivered hours/days later. I use iPhone/ATT. A buddy uses Samsung/Verizon. Our SMS messages are significantly delayed. If it includes a pic, it is never delivered. The problem seems to be unique to us. Others using similar gear/carriers … no problems whatsoever.

The recent STIR/SHAKEN anti-spam telephone technology sometimes inhibits the completion of dialed calls. A different buddy uses T-Mobile. Whenever he calls my VoIP line, he will hear either busy or ringing … when my VoIP line is on-hook (available). This guy happens to be an Engineering VP at T-Mobile and they have tried and failed to identify the root cause when working with my VoIP provider.

If it is an important relationship, I encourage folks to consider using Signal for the their voice, video and text communications.

Thanks! I had never heard of Signal.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2022, 19:33 

Post Likes: +2678
Aircraft: B55 P2
My friends at three-letter-agencies say that its considered to be the most secure of the standard messaging platforms out there.

I don't know anything about its reliability for delivery, but I've never had problems with it.

I think no matter what communication system is used, people should be aware that messages can get lost, and for important messages always request an acknowledgement that the message was received. Its minimal effort for the recipient to send back "got your message, thank you".

Thanks! I had never heard of Signal.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2022, 19:59 

Post Likes: +12386
Aircraft: C182
I tell people that if it is important…. CALL ME!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2022, 20:38 

Post Likes: +1257
Aircraft: Cessna 172
Back in the 1990s I wrote an article that was actually published in Private Pilot Magazine titled “Buying an airplane is not fun.” It was a fact based, truthful overview of the experiences that my Dad and I had in the 1980s while shopping for a Piper Cherokee and ending up with a Grumman Cheetah.

It was certainly a challenge as a buyer and a memorable experience. I still laugh at the memory of a guy’s wife who answered the phone and became exuberant when I told her I was calling about the airplane for sale. Her husband was not at home and she was absolutely clueless with regards to anything about the plane. She sure was happy that I called.

One of the frustrations that we faced was the sellers that would not provide the basic information that you need to determine if you even have an interest in going to see the airplane. Information like the asking price, total time on the airframe, date when the engines and props were last overhauled, damage history, etc. It is almost like they want to keep this stuff secret from you so they will talk you into buying the airplane without knowing anything about it. Or perhaps it is because they realize that any knowledgeable buyer will walk upfront if they knew the facts.

You can be annoyed with buyers and with sellers but, if you are trying to sell your airplane, provide all the facts and details up front and that should help minimize your inconvenience during the process. You might also want to wash the airplane before your prospective buyer comes to take a look. Make at least a little effort.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2022, 23:09 

Post Likes: +2678
Aircraft: B55 P2
Sometimes the whole process goes smoothly. I saw a baron for sale Bob Stephens was brokering. It had the equipment I wanted and based on the market at the time, I bought it sight unseen. Went to pick it up and it was as represented I flew it home.

Had the expected number of miscellaneous issues for a 50 year old baron. Its fixed up, and just did a P2 upgrade.

As far as I know everyone involved was happy with the deal, I was .

Back in the 1990s I wrote an article that was actually published in Private Pilot Magazine titled “Buying an airplane is not fun.” It was a fact based, truthful overview of the experiences that my Dad and I had in the 1980s while shopping for a Piper Cherokee and ending up with a Grumman Cheetah.

It was certainly a challenge as a buyer and a memorable experience. I still laugh at the memory of a guy’s wife who answered the phone and became exuberant when I told her I was calling about the airplane for sale. Her husband was not at home and she was absolutely clueless with regards to anything about the plane. She sure was happy that I called.

One of the frustrations that we faced was the sellers that would not provide the basic information that you need to determine if you even have an interest in going to see the airplane. Information like the asking price, total time on the airframe, date when the engines and props were last overhauled, damage history, etc. It is almost like they want to keep this stuff secret from you so they will talk you into buying the airplane without knowing anything about it. Or perhaps it is because they realize that any knowledgeable buyer will walk upfront if they knew the facts.

You can be annoyed with buyers and with sellers but, if you are trying to sell your airplane, provide all the facts and details up front and that should help minimize your inconvenience during the process. You might also want to wash the airplane before your prospective buyer comes to take a look. Make at least a little effort.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2022, 11:34 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +2547
Company: BeechTalk
This thread is extremely disappointing.

Locked.

Jeff

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9