banner
banner

28 Mar 2024, 10:57 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: RQ-180 “Shikaka” Spotted Over Philippines?
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2021, 19:12 

Post Likes: +13206
Company: Cogswell Cogs, LLC
Aircraft: C205
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/myste ... d=msedgntp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_RQ-180

Attachment:
48F854DD-0827-4B4F-B53C-6A7A10273942.jpeg

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Post subject: Re: RQ-180 “Shikaka” Spotted Over Philippines?
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2021, 19:31 

Post Likes: +5182
Aircraft: V35A TC
If only they could hide those contrails..... :scratch:

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2021, 20:22 

Post Likes: +13206
Company: Cogswell Cogs, LLC
Aircraft: C205
Username Protected wrote:
If only they could hide those chemtrails ..... :scratch:

FIFY

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2021, 23:32 

Post Likes: +154
Aircraft: On the hunt...
When I was working at SAC Recon Center in the 1970's every *operational* SR-71 mission plan had to include the contrails start and stop altitudes for the flight profile (nuff said). Temperature, pressure, humidity (and a few other items) played a part in the computations. And for the obvious reason - we wouldn't want to draw a nice straight line to our whizbang stealth asset now would we? :bugeye: Does make you wonder if the AF wanted the drone to be seen. On the other hand that one may have been ... the Chinese copy surveilling us!

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 11:52 

Post Likes: +7925
Aircraft: C-182
If only they could hide those chemtrails ..... :scratch:

FIFY

Of all the wild speculation about what my former employer did, "Chemtrails" was the wildest. It got started with the Super Tanker, and the conspiracy theories grew from there. ;) Can't talk about the alien spacecraft that we transported from......... :D

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 18:37 

Post Likes: +131
Aircraft: M20E
I had a serious conversation with a college educated human being today about chemtrails. A true believer, I was stunned.....and then depressed.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 19:15 

Post Likes: +4872
Company: USAF Simulator Instructor
Aircraft: Bonanza G35
When I was working at SAC Recon Center in the 1970's every *operational* SR-71 mission plan had to include the contrails start and stop altitudes for the flight profile (nuff said). Temperature, pressure, humidity (and a few other items) played a part in the computations. And for the obvious reason - we wouldn't want to draw a nice straight line to our whizbang stealth asset now would we? :bugeye: Does make you wonder if the AF wanted the drone to be seen. On the other hand that one may have been ... the Chinese copy surveilling us!

When I was flying the F-15, our standard fighter WX brief included contrail levels. I assume they still do. If we planned to fly near the cons, we’d do a “con check” to verify the forecast altitude.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 19:30 

Post Likes: +4872
Company: USAF Simulator Instructor
Aircraft: Bonanza G35
I had a serious conversation with a college educated human being today about chemtrails. A true believer, I was stunned.....and then depressed.

Some people form a world-view then filter all information thru that viewpoint. Data that supports their view is accepted without question while data that contradicts their view is discarded. Other people look at all the data then form their world view based on the known facts. These folks are usually willing to change their view if new facts emerge. Sadly, education doesn’t seem to affect which group any individual occupies. I remain unsure whether this last observation speaks to the quality of our education system or to the nature of our human brain.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 19:33 

Post Likes: +5182
Aircraft: V35A TC
You can laugh but the environmentalist are requesting new aircraft not have contrails. Literally zero emissions.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 19:38 

Post Likes: +8745
Company: airlines (*CRJ,A320)
Aircraft: Travel Air,T-6B,etc*

I once met a PhD who believed that the moon landings were faked. Ummm, what??

Like your experience with your educated chemtrailian, I have sympathy for ya.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 19:58 

Post Likes: +154
Aircraft: On the hunt...

Some people form a world-view then filter all information thru that viewpoint. Data that supports their view is accepted without question while data that contradicts their view is discarded. Other people look at all the data then form their world view based on the known facts. These folks are usually willing to change their view if new facts emerge. Sadly, education doesn’t seem to affect which group any individual occupies. I remain unsure whether this last observation speaks to the quality of our education system or to the nature of our human brain.

Confirmation bias is a worse pandemic of our times in its own way than the other one (no offense meant, just an allusion). I think it's because, having lost trustworthy sources during the decline of right and wrong (read morals), people are not only being easily (mis)lead and manipulated but seize on whatever they want to hear. It makes us easy foreign propaganda targets and/or, and this is importantant, more willing to accept authoritarianism of own-government sponsored crises and fear. That danger comes from both sides of the aisle. Dangerous times. I don't think I could have gotten further off topic than that. Apologies.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2021, 20:32 

Post Likes: +3816
Aircraft: Club Archer
Confirmation bias is a worse pandemic of our times in its own way than the other one (no offense meant, just an allusion). I think it's because, having lost trustworthy sources during the decline of right and wrong (read morals), people are not only being easily (mis)lead and manipulated but seize on whatever they want to hear. It makes us easy foreign propaganda targets and/or, and this is importantant, more willing to accept authoritarianism of own-government sponsored crises and fear. That danger comes from both sides of the aisle. Dangerous times. I don't think I could have gotten further off topic than that. Apologies.

Yep. We live in a world of unlimited information sources but unfortunately it lets these people choose to live in an echo chamber of their own beliefs. I have a sister-in-law that lives in Cambridge MA and can't understand it's not the center of the country and not everyone thinks like like and her friends.

:scratch:

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2021, 10:10 

Post Likes: +584
Aircraft: Seabee Aerostar 700
Confirmation bias is a worse pandemic of our times in its own way than the other one (no offense meant, just an allusion). I think it's because, having lost trustworthy sources during the decline of right and wrong (read morals), people are not only being easily (mis)lead and manipulated but seize on whatever they want to hear. It makes us easy foreign propaganda targets and/or, and this is importantant, more willing to accept authoritarianism of own-government sponsored crises and fear. That danger comes from both sides of the aisle. Dangerous times. I don't think I could have gotten further off topic than that. Apologies.[/quote]

even worse is many people refuse to believe an "expert" who has extensively studied a subject and used evidence to base his/her advice conclusions on. Fauchi is a good example extensively studied a problem and has reached conclusions based on that evidence. If for some reason the advice changes due to new evidence or situation he is now assumed to be always wrong no matter what.

Science is always evolving as as new evidence comes to light conclusions are generated. that does not mean all conclusions are wrong ever after, just that if new evidence is found it might change the conclusion

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2021, 10:46 

Post Likes: +13324
Aircraft: TU-104
Fauci is a horrible example because while he may be an “expert” he is also an expert politician and a proven dishonest one at that. It’s one thing to change your mind based on new evidence. It’s something completely different to express one belief privately while simultaneously telling the public something else.

OTOH, the fact that so many people continue to believe whatever Fauci says despite overwhelming evidence of multiple instances of prior dishonesty does make a case for the influence of confirmation bias and the echo chamber effect on people’s perception of “truth.”

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2021, 16:36 

Post Likes: +5264
Aircraft: PA32RT-300T

I once met a PhD who believed that the moon landings were faked. Ummm, what??

Like your experience with your educated chemtrailian, I have sympathy for ya.

Education does not equal intelligence. We have a PhD around here and this person is probably one of the most incompetent when it comes to practical application of theory. It is well know to expect this persons input to be unreliable in most cases.

Sad really. All that time invested and they didn't learn a damn thing.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next