banner
banner

16 Apr 2024, 00:25 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Aviation Fabricators (Top Banner)

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 140  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Aircraft inventory levels are critically low.
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 18:20 

Post Likes: +6559
Username Protected wrote:
You guys answer calls from unknown numbers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPq2cF4l9qc

Hilarious.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 18:22 

Post Likes: +2049
Company: Naples Jet Center
Aircraft: EMB500 AC95 AEST
First - JetNet You can't blame JetNet or Amstat for what they do, that information is very important to our due diligence and is used to research each airplane we consider before even mentioning it to our client.

You have no right to bother thousands of airplane owners now matter how valuable the information is to YOU.

Quote:
The information is public

Then why are they calling owners? That suggests they are collecting information that is NOT public.

Quote:
Second - as I mentioned, honest brokers, dealers and buyer's reps are the backbone of aviation.

That's self important crap. Aviation would survive just fine without those people. It is hard to think of anyone less important to aviation than those people, really.

Quote:
Third - the "cold callers" in and of themselves are just doing a job like John said, even if you stripped away as much info as possible, someone would fill the gap.

Since you can't tell if the information is made up, I suspect that happens a lot. Just because you pay money for something doesn't make it valuable.

Quote:
It's the deception that I have a problem with.

Like JetNet implying they are doing something for ME? That was total BS.

I think every aircraft owner should inject completely false information into the data stream. I bet no one even notices because the data just isn't that useful in the end.

Mike C.

Bet you’re a lot of fun at parties :doh:

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 18:48 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7322
Company: Jet Acquisitions
It’s pretty simple Mike… if you don’t want them calling… or anyone else calling… ask them to take your contact info off.

I think you like it when people offer you twice as much as you paid for your airplane.

And… I’m being serious. I get some big (for me) offers for my oil interest… makes me feel good.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 19:29 

Post Likes: +3796
Aircraft: Piaggio Avanti
They deserve no response, IMO. All they do is turn your information into money for themselves.

It would be better if they didn't get any data from cold calling owners so they would then stop doing that and bothering the rest of us.

While I try not to be as snide about it, I come down somewhere close to Mike's feelings on this. When I'm ready to sell my airplane I will put it on the market, and then you will know what I will take for it.

And it's not like this is "free" for me, the owner, to ignore. It takes MY time to scan and delete spam, and screen phone calls. Spam (in all forms) is only free for the sender.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 19:34 

Post Likes: +3796
Aircraft: Piaggio Avanti
I get one or two calls a year from JetNet. I don't mind that they call. I'm polite and give them the information for which they ask. It's really no big deal.

What information do they ask for?

What information would you refuse to provide?

What's your phone number, I may have a few questions for you... :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 19:57 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +8407
Company: OAA
Aircraft: UMF3, UBF 2, P180 II
I'm not getting the kind of calls Mike is talking about. Well, I probably am but someone is keeping them from getting through. The point is that time is valuable no matter who you are and everyone, just about literally, wants a chunk of it. Deciding who gets your attention, and who doesn't, has a lot to do with how your life, business and income turn out. I understand others "need" or "want" information for their own purposes but that's not my problem, nor my interest. I suspect that is how Mike feels too, though he speaks well for himself.

The other thing about these sort of calls is that they're interruptions. I like to change what I'm doing as the day goes along but I don't like to be interrupted. It takes forever to get back in the zone whatever you're doing. Being interrupted does make you busier but far less productive.

If you want someone's time, for your own purposes, pay for it. If you want them to do you a favor and give you something - time, information, etc. then at least be considerate and do it in a way that allows them to decide when, where and how.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 23:30 

Post Likes: +621
Aircraft: Conquest
I guess I like talking about airplanes so much I'll do it with anyone... :scratch:

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 01:51 

Post Likes: +2225
Company: Tack Mobile
Aircraft: C441
If you want someone's time, for your own purposes, pay for it. If you want them to do you a favor and give you something - time, information, etc. then at least be considerate and do it in a way that allows them to decide when, where and how.

Well said.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 14:12 

Post Likes: +1724
Aircraft: x23mouse
Second - as I mentioned, honest brokers, dealers and buyer's reps are the backbone of aviation.

dream on

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 15:21 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7322
Company: Jet Acquisitions

dream on

If you had a front row seat to the damage the dishonest one’s inflict, you’d understand my statement.

At some level of value and complexity, it becomes very rare to sell an airplane without the help of a broker. The same is true of boats and for that matter buildings, businesses or homes. The honest guys take care of their clients, the crooks screw their client and the buyer. It’s amazing to me that sales of aircraft are not regulated.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 16:00 

Post Likes: +2049
Company: Naples Jet Center
Aircraft: EMB500 AC95 AEST

If you had a front row seat to the damage the dishonest one’s inflict, you’d understand my statement.

At some level of value and complexity, it becomes very rare to sell an airplane without the help of a broker. The same is true of boats and for that matter buildings, businesses or homes. The honest guys take care of their clients, the crooks screw their client and the buyer. It’s amazing to me that sales of aircraft are not regulated.

Of course. And I would say the industry is self regulated to a degree as the bad apples are known in the business.

Also most owners understand that by consolidating the research data, the Jetnet’s cut the calls to owners by a huge amount. If Jetnet shows my plane has no programs and 10,000 hours, I’m not getting any calls for someone fishing for a low time plane, etc. If Jetnet knows I am associated, manage, own, or represent a plane, the owner gets zero calls. I don’t like to be bothered either.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 21:08 

Post Likes: +412
Aircraft: Phenom 100
So they cold call you, you become the product, you provide them data, they waste your time, but it saves you time in the future?

No. Just no.

Cold calling for this information is just stealing your time. There’s no defending this. Their business model is built on you providing them with data for free and wasting your time. And then wasting my time because they think every other airplane owner is like you and as forthcoming and they will press on.

No. Just No.

Chip-

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 21:09 

Post Likes: +17161
Aircraft: Baron, 180,195,J-3
Both Bruce and Chip have been kind enough to speak with me during my 6 month quest for another airplane. They, and others, are knowledgeable, honest and competent brokers. Unfortunately, men like these are in the minority in this industry.

I have pursued multiple airplanes during this, so far, unsuccessful quest, and, almost without exception, the brokers involved have been, to be kind, inept. I cannot believe that an aircraft owner can be so completely irresponsible to hire these people.

But then, I've never had a very high opinion of pilots either. :bugeye:

Jg

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 21:45 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +5538
Aircraft: Turbo Commander 680V
Has anyone tried selling their plane by themselves? I have - twice. People are insane. They totally bought into the the entitled "customer is always right" BS and are asking for insane things or eating your time with nonsense requests.

One was asking for each serial number of the screws that went into the engine overhaul. The other wanted me to ferry the plane 1000 miles to his A&P on my dime. Third wanted something else crazy that I've now suppressed. Not to mention the nutjob in NorCal who was doing aerobatics with my Aerostar at FL250 "to see that it didn't rattle", constantly mentioning how he flew Cessna Mustangs, and then came back complaining he smelled a small amount of Avgas on his jeans from the seats and was telling me how I had a "massive fuel leak somewhere". He then proceeded to "borrow" my foldable bike for 3 years and never respond when I wanted it back.

It's a small price to have a broker deal with the crazies. Worth every penny.

Last edited on 05 Dec 2021, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 01:20 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +23622
Company: Ciholas, Inc
Aircraft: C560V
Has anyone tried selling their plane by themselves?

4 times.

Price it right, be honest with the buyers, it goes smoothly.

I don't need some half wit taking 15% to do very little. All the hard work still comes back to the owner.

When I bought my MU2, it was listed by a broker I never met, who couldn't answer any of my questions, and I ended up dealing with the owner anyway, including test flight and prebuy inspection, yet the broker collected 15%. What a waste.

Every broker, agent, rep I've met always tries to create an aura of expertise about themselves and fabricate risks if you don't use their services.

Mike C.

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 140  Next