banner
banner

20 Apr 2024, 11:00 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Aviation Fabricators (Top Banner)

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 140  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Aircraft inventory levels are critically low.
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2021, 23:06 

Post Likes: +1292
Aircraft: C501SP
Username Protected wrote:
I don't know if there's a connection...

I was at the local Ford dealership today to get a part for my Explorer. The lot was erriely empty. Handful of new trucks, couple of new cars. The used car side was even more empty. I know the chip shortage is impacting new cars but the lack of used cars was surprising.

Local John Deere dealer is the same. I've never seen the lot so empty.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 00:16 

Post Likes: +896
Aircraft: Debonair 35 - B33
I don't know if there's a connection...

I was at the local Ford dealership today to get a part for my Explorer. The lot was erriely empty. Handful of new trucks, couple of new cars. The used car side was even more empty. I know the chip shortage is impacting new cars but the lack of used cars was surprising.

Car dealers are shifting to a new order/on-demand model and not a floorplanning model you all are used to

Times are changing

You need to order/pay for it before you can look at it ain’t gonna work for me!

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 00:18 

Post Likes: +4650

You need to order/pay for it before you can look at it ain’t gonna work for me!

You’re not the market anymore

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 00:56 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +9094
Aircraft: 1962 Twin Bonanza
I think the OP is correct. COVID is the culprit. Who in their right mind wants go on an airline someplace?

Everyone, apparently. I've been in numerous big airports lately and they are all packed packed packed with people. Airlines are scrambling to keep up. I think a lot of folks are buying planes because they always wanted to and because of covid they work from home now and have an extra 2 hours a day that used to go to commuting. Or something like that. It will turn eventually... it always does, just be grateful for the moment if you're a seller.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 01:01 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +5540
Aircraft: Turbo Commander 680V
I've started seeing a lot of Redfin/Zillow emails saying this and that property has new reduced price. You simply did not see reduced prices on real estate in the past 2 years. My bet is the beginning of the end for the frenzy is here.

Soon there will be lots off planes on the market. :stir:

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 06:24 

Post Likes: +23599
Aircraft: Prior C310,BE33,SR22
I've started seeing a lot of Redfin/Zillow emails saying this and that property has new reduced price. You simply did not see reduced prices on real estate in the past 2 years. My bet is the beginning of the end for the frenzy is here.

Having just bought a home this month, I hope you’re wrong… :pray:

- Mars Bonfire

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 07:34 

Post Likes: +2215
Aircraft: C525 BE40 D1K Waco

This is true in California and certain places on the west coast where we are witnessing an exodus. The opposite is happening in Texas - some properties are not lasting two weeks. Ive never seen the real estate market quite like this. In fact a friend just sold a property for 10% more than list price. The buyer had been struggling to close on a property in The Woodlands and decided to offer more so nobody would buy the place from under him. Try finding a nice place at a reasonable price in Austin, Dallas or San Antonio - tough.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 08:09 

Post Likes: +1191
Aircraft: Velocity XL-RG

Not around here. And people I know in New England and in Salt Lake City say the same. Houses are going for MORE than the asking price and selling in less than a week.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 08:41 

Post Likes: +2937
Aircraft: 1991 Baron 58
The used car market has cooled after months of wild increases. Impossible to see the future but auto price increases have been driven by supply issues that will eventually come back into balance. Home prices are being driven by historically low supply and there is no huge increase in supply on the horizon.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 09:04 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +5540
Aircraft: Turbo Commander 680V
The used car market has cooled after months of wild increases. Impossible to see the future but auto price increases have been driven by supply issues that will eventually come back into balance. Home prices are being driven by historically low supply and there is no huge increase in supply on the horizon.

But it's not actually a supply driven market. That would only be true if every house was bought cash. It's a lender driven market. As long as people can get mortgages, they will buy houses (witness 2008). We're running out of people that can qualify for $700K+ mortgages and jumbo loans. There are only so many high paid people in this country.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 09:18 

Post Likes: +740
Aircraft: M2, erstwhile G58

But it's not actually a supply driven market. That would only be true if every house was bought cash. It's a lender driven market. As long as people can get mortgages, they will buy houses (witness 2008). We're running out of people that can qualify for $700K+ mortgages and jumbo loans. There are only so many high paid people in this country.

Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary event.

Fed pumping lots of ersatz dollars in to the economy.
Gov't spending ersatz dollars that they do not have.
Lowest interest rates in the history of modern banking. Unfortunately when it comes to real estate, people look harder at ratio of monthly payment to income, than they do to principal value vs income. At some point, the music will stop.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 10:14 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +23622
Company: Ciholas, Inc
Aircraft: C560V
I've been doing this a long time

Randomly creating new BT threads to provide yourself a platform to espouse expert sounding opinions so that you can promote your business?

Yes, you have been doing that a while.

Recent selections of threads you have started:

Aircraft inventory levels are critically low.
Buying a Jet
New Web Page
If the Mustang does your mission, it's darn near perfect!
QUIT buying King Airs without a PREBUY!
Favorite turbine / jet podcast?
Turbine Market Update
Black Death
QUIT buying airplanes without a PREBUY!
The "Covid" Factor - King Air market
How to buy an airplane in a seller's market.
Because we needed a CJ2 / CJ2+ thread...
Using a Buyer’s Rep to buy new?
New Citation being introduced 2/9/21?
The Premier IA is the Ultimate SP Jet... prove me wrong!
Is Bonus Depreciation Going Away?
100% Bonus Depreciation
Citation M2 does it get any better?
King Air 300 PCL (pilots check list)
The Ultimate Trip Log
Piper M600 do you love it?
The Costliest Miscalculation in History.
Buyer's Assist for Beechtalkers

There are many more.

Is it pretty obvious you are trying to create click bait and promote yourself with issue stirring topics to provide a platform to display your expertise. It is clearly part of marketing campaign to do this.

If every BT sponsor did this, it would ruin BT as it would be clogged with commercially motivated posts. We have enough real questions and issues to discuss without artificially creating new ones. As a BT sponsor, you have paid money to not be subject to the same rules as the rest of us, but there's a fine line the Jeffs have to walk between getting your money and preserving the precious value of BT. You are definitely pushing that boundary IMO.

You have your loyal supporters who will vote me down for posting this, and that's okay, but it doesn't change my views about this. The real experts on BT are the one who answer other people's questions, not the ones who create vague questions in the first place just so they can answer them.

Mike C.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 11:40 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7329
Company: Jet Acquisitions
There's the old Mike we all know and love!

I started this thread because the subject came up in another thread. I know thread drift is the the norm around here, but I figure if pages and pages get devoted to one topic it's time for a new thread.

I would like to think I've started a few and contributed to many more threads to do exactly what you accuse me of not doing. Answer peoples questions.

I've had several people reach out to me and thank me for the Black Death thread because they had no idea. The market is obviously a hot topic for all Beechtalkers, so here we are.

I wish I was the brilliant marketeur you accuse me of being, but in reality I like to do two things, talk about airplanes and debate. I often take the weak side of an argument just to make it a debate.

I'm quite sure that if I need to curtail anything Jeff will let me know and I seriously doubt he's concerned about the money we pay, nor would he tolerate any ill behavior for the sake of advertising dollars. The Jeffs care about the quality of this forum far above the financial concerns of losing one sponsor.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 11:53 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +9094
Aircraft: 1962 Twin Bonanza
I don't mind it. I don't think Chip's some kinda shiester. I think he genuinely likes to talk about airplanes, but like all sales guys, can't resist a little cheesy shameless self promotion now and then. It's ok by me! :bud: for what it's worth I personally know a few folks who bought KA's through Chip and they say he saved them thousands.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2021, 12:02 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7329
Company: Jet Acquisitions
I don't mind it. I don't think Chip's some kinda shiester. I think he genuinely likes to talk about airplanes, but like all sales guys, can't resist a little cheesy shameless self promotion now and then. It's ok by me! :bud: for what it's worth I personally know a few folks who bought KA's through Chip and they say he saved them thousands.

Thanks Adam... and yes, I am guilty of self promotion.

I'll try to tone it down a bit. I certainly don't want to be cheezy or shameless!

It seems that after the Covid threads we went through a lull with Beechtalk, in fact I was worried that it might not go back to what it was, just an uneducated observation, I don't know what the actual traffic was. It seems that over the summer things have livened back up, so I'm more engaged.

Beechtalk is also my reprieve when I need a break from the daily grind.

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 140  Next