banner
banner

28 Mar 2024, 07:16 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 140  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Aircraft inventory levels are critically low.
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2021, 10:18 

Post Likes: +498
Aircraft: C150J
Username Protected wrote:
Sure, it costs more but I can carry all the booze( not drinking it of course) and firearms I want.

Hahaha, this is exactly what I tell the wife when I say we are going to slam along in the 150 instead of going commercial. :cheers:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2021, 16:40 

Post Likes: +7925
Aircraft: C-182
I've been doing this a long time

Randomly creating new BT threads to provide yourself a platform to espouse expert sounding opinions so that you can promote your business?

Yes, you have been doing that a while.

Recent selections of threads you have started:

Aircraft inventory levels are critically low.
Buying a Jet
New Web Page
If the Mustang does your mission, it's darn near perfect!
QUIT buying King Airs without a PREBUY!
Favorite turbine / jet podcast?
Turbine Market Update
Black Death
QUIT buying airplanes without a PREBUY!
The "Covid" Factor - King Air market
How to buy an airplane in a seller's market.
Because we needed a CJ2 / CJ2+ thread...
Using a Buyer’s Rep to buy new?
New Citation being introduced 2/9/21?
The Premier IA is the Ultimate SP Jet... prove me wrong!
Is Bonus Depreciation Going Away?
100% Bonus Depreciation
Citation M2 does it get any better?
King Air 300 PCL (pilots check list)
The Ultimate Trip Log
Piper M600 do you love it?
The Costliest Miscalculation in History.
Buyer's Assist for Beechtalkers

There are many more.

Is it pretty obvious you are trying to create click bait and promote yourself with issue stirring topics to provide a platform to display your expertise. It is clearly part of marketing campaign to do this.

If every BT sponsor did this, it would ruin BT as it would be clogged with commercially motivated posts. We have enough real questions and issues to discuss without artificially creating new ones. As a BT sponsor, you have paid money to not be subject to the same rules as the rest of us, but there's a fine line the Jeffs have to walk between getting your money and preserving the precious value of BT. You are definitely pushing that boundary IMO.

You have your loyal supporters who will vote me down for posting this, and that's okay, but it doesn't change my views about this. The real experts on BT are the one who answer other people's questions, not the ones who create vague questions in the first place just so they can answer them.

Mike C.

21 posts replied to Chips post on a rough count, and nobody criticized his post or his motives until you came along, and all of a sudden 24 people agree with you.

I didn't have your thoughts reading his post, and if the other 21 posts had your thoughts, they kept them to themselves, apparently seeing value in the discussion of what Chip had to say..

Chip isn't the only advertised vendor who has posted on the forum topics that might support their business, and I've never had the sense that he was abusing the forums in anything he has posted, and whatever opinion you may have about vendors posting on the forum, coming after them personally like you did Chip wasn't necessary to get your point across. You are the type that does a lot of research to show someone is wrong, then hammers them with it. You could have let it go like 21 other posts did before you came along, but I know you'll research that number to see if I'm right.

I think the Jeff's have done a good job of balancing, and probably don't need your suggestion of where the line should be drawn. If the Jeff's take down Chip's post, you'll be right, and I'll be wrong,

It isn't about loyal supporters voting anything, it's about common courtesy.

Edit: I edited this because I said 21 people, but it was 21 posts, some people posted more than once.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2021, 22:21 

Post Likes: +660
I for one appreciate Chip's posts and think he's a good contributor to the discussions/forum. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2021, 22:42 

Post Likes: +3996
Aircraft: RV6A, C182M
When I become the next lottery winner and richer that I could imagine, I'm calling Chip to find me a KA350 so I can do my part at polluting the planet. :cheers:

Dave

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 07:23 

Post Likes: +226
Aircraft: 1969 Aerostar 600,
The boating world is experiencing the same as the auto world. Showrooms are empty. Waiting time for a new boat is into next year with some models not showing up until 2023. New boats showing up today are gone in less than 30 days regardless of model and price point.

I’m glad I don’t make a living forecasting the future. I’ve been in business for over 42 years and I have never seen what is happening today in this economy. I have no idea where this is all going. I’m glad I have my house, boat and airplane. No way am I selling any of them.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 09:23 

Post Likes: +4354
Aircraft: 182, A36TC
HC Mike C. !

What you are seeing, we all see. It did not take whatever time you spent combing Beechtalk for ammunition.

Chip is obviously a salesman. He also likes planes.

Big surprise! :beechslap: :whiteflag:

I still enjoy Chip’s post even if they are obviously plugs for his business.

No matter what I say, I bet you keep gathering data and Chip keeps selling planes.

And Mike, if I was in your shoes…I would gather data from the book below.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Ryan Holt CFI

"Paranoia and PTSD are requirements not diseases"

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 09:35 

Post Likes: +226
Aircraft: 1969 Aerostar 600,
Controller used to have 20+ Aerostars for sale at any one time. Now they have 5. That’s a pretty big change.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 10:06 

Post Likes: +159
Weirdly enough, the best airplane deals out there for late-model aircraft may be new aircraft. Used aircraft have been bid up to the point where the cost differential between used and new is relatively modest (if there is any difference at all).

Case in point: I got a demo in a Diamond DA62 back in June. Really liked the aircraft, it suits my mission, works under BasicMed (5-seat version) and is a lot of fun to fly.

In July, the sales rep informed me that the demo plane, which had been on a dealer leaseback and had 275 hours on it (it was a 2019 or 2020 model, I can't recall which), sold to a buyer in Pennsylvania for $1.55 million. The selling owner paid just under 1.4 mm for it. A new DA62 with all the options was $1.4-1.45 mm before OSH, and about $1.5 mm with the 8/1 price increase.

That's some crazy stuff to me ... but if you put down a deposit on a new aircraft in the first seven months of 2021, you are likely $$$ ahead right now ..

PS - I know Chip personally and consider him an "aviation friend." I have no issue with his posts. He is very knowledgeable about the markets and I usually learn something from those threads. If the moderators think he's going too far they will tell him. If a BTer thinks he's going too far, that BTer can express his or her views to the moderators. I like Mike C's posts too and he's a good dose of reality in a lot of (even most) discussions. But I don't see Chip's posts as anything but good discussion starters, especially in this sub-forum. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 10:15 

Post Likes: +7927
Company: Minister of Pith
Aircraft: Piper PA28/140
I don't mind it. I don't think Chip's some kinda shiester. I think he genuinely likes to talk about airplanes, but like all sales guys, can't resist a little cheesy shameless self promotion now and then. It's ok by me! :bud: for what it's worth I personally know a few folks who bought KA's through Chip and they say he saved them thousands.

And yet you "liked" C's personal attack post?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 11:36 

Post Likes: +4354
Aircraft: 182, A36TC
Mike Ciholas reminds me of the mom’s who bring their children into pediatrician with a list of rectal temperatures. I am okay with using oral and adding 1 degree. The mommas will plunge a thermometer into their child’s rectum just so they are “right.” The systematic analysis trumps every thing including rectal health. Trying to talk them off the ledge only results in more anxiety and hardening of their position as rectal probers.

And yes Mike….we still love you.

Probe away player. :hide:

Ryan Holt CFI

"Paranoia and PTSD are requirements not diseases"

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 12:06 

Post Likes: +2381
Aircraft: Citation Mustang
Now that’s funny right there.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 12:12 

Post Likes: +1687
Aircraft: T210M
Rag on Mike C. at your own peril. I have been paying attention to his posts for 20 years and his track record is pretty impressive. Most notably when Eclipse was all the rage, he was (maybe the only guy) saying it wasn’t going to work. It played out very close to his prediction.

Who cares about “style”, it’s the internet. As hard as we may try, it’s hard to read the emotion and empathy in another person’s head.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 12:46 

Post Likes: +4509
Company: Inscrutable Fasteners, LLC
Aircraft: Planeless
Mike Ciholas reminds me of the mom’s who bring their children into pediatrician with a list of rectal temperatures. I am okay with using oral and adding 1 degree. The mommas will plunge a thermometer into their child’s rectum just so they are “right.” The systematic analysis trumps every thing including rectal health. Trying to talk them off the ledge only results in more anxiety and hardening of their position as rectal probers.

And yes Mike….we still love you.

Probe away player. :hide:

Reminds me of that joke: "What's the difference between an oral and rectal thermometer?"....

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2021, 12:51 

Post Likes: +7927
Company: Minister of Pith
Aircraft: Piper PA28/140

Reminds me of that joke: "What's the difference between an oral and rectal thermometer?"....

:coffee:

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2021, 14:54 

Post Likes: +3698
Aircraft: 1957 Twin Bonanza
Why did you sell the G5?

Speaking of the trend happening in other a/c markets, I can echo a similar trend in the SR22 market. It's white hot and showing no signs of slowing down. I'm shopping for late model SRs and am having a heck of a time. Prices are way overinflated and most are fetching list price or close to list. I went to make an offer on an airplane that was a new listing in the morning and by early afternoon it was sold and the sales guy had (5) backup offers behind it. Most aircraft listed on Controller are already long gone and the bulk of the actual sales are happening on brokers' 'pending' lists which are not yet publicly listed. Most don't make it to Controller.

I'd love to let this market settle another year or more but business is picking back up and I'll also have to pay recapture taxes if I don't buy before the end of '21 (I sold my G5 this last spring). I'm trying to weigh the difference between buying in a hot market or just paying the tax bill for a year and buying instead in late 2022. Problem is that the productivity loss will also be significant in that time.

N695PV
N9616Y

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 140  Next