banner
banner

23 Apr 2024, 22:10 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Greenwich AeroGroup (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 140  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Aircraft inventory levels are critically low.
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 11:32 

Post Likes: +340
Aircraft: ISP Eagle II SR22 g2
Me thinks aircraft inventory is a wee bit better now and has possibly exited critical levels…

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news ... newsletter

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 20:48 

Post Likes: +740
Aircraft: M2, erstwhile G58
Username Protected wrote:

Managment ran this like an IT start-up mindset - not a commodity transportation business. Increased volume was never going to cure their cash losses. Bottom line, this highlights the that the charter industry is way underpricing flights. I think UP should have charged 50% more for charter flights - maybe more - double. It also shows the illusionary nature of the this "new market" for "people that don't want to fly commercial" or so called "New Private Market". I think bankruptcy of the #2 On Demand Charter operator it will be a harbinger of a directional change in aircraft and aviation stock valuations.

Just my thoughts....

That's the problem with pretty much all startups in the last 20 years, isn't it? They're packaged and leveraged to only work by offloading them to a new buyer. The business model is to fatten it up, buy customers as quickly as possible and then sell it to a bigger fish, rather than actually doing the business they're supposed to do.

Then again, has any airline/charter company EVER been truly profitable? They run on 1% profit margins at best. You could sell lemonade on the corner and generate more profits than any charter company has ever done.

Pretty much spot on for today's public markets. Used to be that they were vehicles to raise capital for investment and diversify risk. Now, many or much more a vehicle for shareholders to harvest their investments.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2023, 21:25 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7339
Company: Jet Acquisitions
An update.

Inventory levels have been generally creeping up, though most of it is still comprised of airplanes that are slow to sell. We have definitely had an easier time finding aircraft this summer.

We are well ahead of our normal pace in regards to the number of aircraft we have in prebuy or already closed, so that’s a pretty good indication that there’s been a shift in the market that favors buyers. There’s still specific markets that are very tight, but overall things have gotten easier, we’ve entered into some market stability and equality between buyer and seller, it is definitely not the seller’s market it was in 2022.

It’s also obvious that prices aren’t going to drop much, absent some outside factor, so it’s easier to make a buy / not buy decision.

Overall, I’d say that inventory levels are still low, but certainly not critically low like they were when I started this thread. We are still a long way from what I would consider normal, but at least there’s movement and opportunity.

Last edited on 23 Aug 2023, 05:35, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2023, 23:43 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +23622
Company: Ciholas, Inc
Aircraft: C560V
Oops, my bad, I didn't mean to stumble into the JetACQ company newsletter. I was looking for a Beechtalk forum...

Mike C.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2023, 06:45 

Post Likes: +17163
Aircraft: Baron, 180,195,J-3
:lol: :lol: Mike, when you get a bone, you pick it. :D

Perhaps showing my ignorance, which is not hard, but is there any easily accessed reporting of sales by type on the FAA site?

There are a few models of airplanes that seem to be available in higher numbers than I ever recall.

Jg

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2023, 11:10 

WWW  Profile

Perhaps showing my ignorance, which is not hard, but is there any easily accessed reporting of sales by type on the FAA site?

There are a few models of airplanes that seem to be available in higher numbers than I ever recall.

Jg

There really isn't for all models, we do have really good airframe / model specific for turbine aircraft, so I can speak intelligently to those markets. On the piston side I have no data.

But, you are correct, some models are still almost non-existent inventory wise and others have more availability.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2023, 16:31 

Post Likes: +1205
Company: Centurion LV and Eleusis
Aircraft: N45AF 501sp Eagle II
Oops, my bad, I didn't mean to stumble into the JetACQ company newsletter. I was looking for a Beechtalk forum...

Mike C.

LOL Come on Mike. You are doing the same thing Chip does. Haha. I can’t stick up for you when you do this kind of stuff. Hehe.

Let Chip have his own thread and maybe he will let you have yours. Let’s play nice

Mike

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2023, 17:40 

WWW  Profile

Let Chip have his own thread

He pays for it, so I guess he gets to "own" his threads, as numerous as they are.

I don't pay for it, so I don't get to "own" any thread. I didn't really think anybody should "own" a thread.

Imagine if all the vendors in those little icons on the right hand side all created as many threads and posts as Chip does to show case his expertise. That would be like 100 times what Chip posts. BT would become heavily polluted with what are commercially motivated threads.

Mike C.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2023, 18:20 

WWW  Profile

Let Chip have his own thread

He pays for it, so I guess he gets to "own" his threads, as numerous as they are.

I don't pay for it, so I don't get to "own" any thread. I didn't really think anybody should "own" a thread.

Imagine if all the vendors in those little icons on the right hand side all created as many threads and posts as Chip does to show case his expertise. That would be like 100 times what Chip posts. BT would become heavily polluted with what are commercially motivated threads.

Mike C.

Oh come on Mike... you own just about every thread that you get involved in!

You "came here looking for the Beechtalk forum"... so did I... I was looking for a Beech forum, but instead I found an MU2 forum. It's seems that whatever airplane you own is the topic of conversation no matter what the title of the thread is!

As I've said before, I start threads to help buyers, not my business. I believe if you do what's right and genuinely care about people, the business will come. We haven't wanted for business in the last five years, so to say I'm on here to promote my business is false.

"Showcase his experience" I am very knowledgeable in certain models of aircraft and their respective markets... I thought that's what forums were for, a place were people can share and gain knowledge. I know I've learned a lot from the experts here, including you.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2023, 22:24 

WWW  Profile

As I've said before, I start threads to help buyers, not my business.

Right.....

If that was true, you wouldn't have to pay to be a BT sponsor so you get relaxed rules on content you can post.

And you wouldn't have to tell people about your new employee (which you edited out after the fact) and the number of aircraft you are handling.

Mike C.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2023, 00:11 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +4411
Aircraft: B200, 500B
Mike,

You promote your business email address and website 3 times with every post, and you’ve posted 3x as much as Chip.

We don’t get get pissed off every time you contribute some knowledge of analog electronics.

Give it a rest. Your house has more glass than you think it does.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2023, 00:46 

Post Likes: +1739
Aircraft: x23mouse
Here's where y'all get a say/vote on the topic

currently, 33 likes for this post
viewtopic.php?p=2932457#p2932457

vs

viewtopic.php?p=2932526#p2932526

if you scroll, 1 post follows, or comes after the other

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2023, 07:44 

Post Likes: +17163
Aircraft: Baron, 180,195,J-3
I don't know why the thought of Chip "self promoting" is so offensive to some.

He is one of the few BT posters who are actively in the aircraft market. He finds and buys aircraft. He actually deals with reality not hype or hope or prejudice. That is valuable experience.

I've often thought of how valuable Neal Schwartz opinions would be, but he chooses to rarely give them.

Salesmen can be a PITA, but they can also be an incredibly rich resource of information. When I was considering buying a TP, I called Chip, and he talked me out of it.

I AM SMART ENOUGHT TO LISTEN AND SEPERATE THE BEEF FROM THE BULL'S FOOT.

I welcome Chip's comments, and frankly, wish there were more people "in the market" to give theirs.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2023, 07:49 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +1341
Aircraft: 1968 B55

Jg

That's a good question. When I was starting to hunt for a Baron, I downloaded the entire FAA registration database, thinking I could just slice-and-dice it to find what I wanted. It was a little bit of a project… and of course that just shows you what's currently registered.

GAMA's the only outfit I know that tracks sales figures and I don't know of a way to get them over time except to go back and look over their press releases.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2023, 07:50 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +1341
Aircraft: 1968 B55
I've often thought of how valuable Neal Schwartz opinions would be, but he chooses to rarely give them.

I wonder why that would be.

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 140  Next