banner
banner

28 Mar 2024, 06:37 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 140  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Aircraft inventory levels are critically low.
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 07:25 

Post Likes: +13324
Aircraft: TU-104
Username Protected wrote:
Could the correction be looming?

Correlation != Causation - However, today two different plane brokers contacted me today, one via email, and one called. I was in a meeting so didn't get to chat, but thought, hrmm that was weird. Market might be changing.

The correction is already here. Time to rename the thread “aircraft demand levels are critically low”

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 09:19 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +1672
Aircraft: D50E Twin Bonanza
Could the correction be looming?

Correlation != Causation - However, today two different plane brokers contacted me today, one via email, and one called. I was in a meeting so didn't get to chat, but thought, hrmm that was weird. Market might be changing.

I've been shopping for the past year or so and I agree it's starting to change. Planes sitting longer on the market and prices coming down a bit from everything I have seen.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 12:48 

Post Likes: +1055
Aircraft: V35, PA28-180
I am seeing more "Price Reduced" and "Back on the Market" listings on TAP and Barnstormers.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 14:02 

Post Likes: +424
Aircraft: baron 58
check out malibu stock over last year

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2022, 15:01 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7244
Company: Jet Acquisitions
Turbine aircraft levels seem to be inching up! We are seeing more and more airplanes come on the market, albeit at high prices... and for even better news for buyers, some popular models of aircraft are sitting and not selling.

I do not think prices will go back to post-Covid levels (ever)

I am not saying.....

Chip, is this because people are sensing peak market and saying, I better get out while the getting is good?

I've been noticing this in the real estate market. With interest rates going up, all of sudden lots of stuff appearing on the market. My assertion is, those that have been waiting on the sideline are jumping in. The only problem is, the other sideline is starting to smell blood in the water and may start holding out for lower prices.

Based on my recent airline travels and news of continued route reductions, there is nothing in 121 that is drawing me back to fly them more than I have to. I think there is a fundamental shift to more GA like we saw in the 70's with 55 mph mandated laws and time expensive hop scotch airline service.

I will also agree with the Post COVID pricing. A buddy and I are looking at used surf boats. We have come to the conclusion that the $50k boat is now $70k and the $70k is now $100k, etc. A new plateau has been established. It would take an '08 recession and not a normal recession to knock everything down. And that wouldn't be good for anyone.

I think it's a combination of factors, it started with sellers putting airplanes on the market just to take advantage of the situation, but once they decide to sell the airplane it usually does happen. In fact, someone who does decide to sell when they thought they wouldn't, can actually get very motivated.

Once those airplanes that went on the market priced too high start to get stale, the owners who do get motivated will let that be known and the word will travel fast that it's no longer a seller's market.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 20:10 

Post Likes: +740
Aircraft: M2, erstwhile G58
Tale of two cities…

Piston market softening. Gas prices not helping.

Turbine market starting to see inventory rise, but still below average pre-COVID.
New sold out in turbine for at least next 15 months in many cases

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 21:53 

Post Likes: +79
Aircraft: C-182J
Softening market for sure. The bubble is about to pop. In 12 months, you will find some real deals….

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2022, 07:18 

WWW  Profile

Tale of two cities…

Piston market softening. Gas prices not helping.

Turbine market starting to see inventory rise, but still below average pre-COVID.
New sold out in turbine for at least next 15 months in many cases

Yes! For sure.

I’m advising my clients that the turbine market is getting better, at least for the short term, but that doesn’t mean there’s magically more inventory, though we may actually have an opportunity to buy said inventory without it selling the moment the owners says “maybe”

Once the CPA’s start talking about 2022’s tax bill, the crazy will start right back up!

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 10:37 

Post Likes: +49
Its been 2 months now on this topic. Hate to see a great thread die...How are aircraft inventories at this point?

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 10:44 

Post Likes: +4509
Company: Inscrutable Fasteners, LLC
Aircraft: Planeless
Its been 2 months now on this topic. Hate to see a great thread die...How are aircraft inventories at this point?

Dunno about airplanes, because I've been focused on moving out of state, but the housing market is still insane. Looked a place last weekend and it was a free for all. Got a text from the sellers agent that all bids had to be in by 5pm, and there were 18 bidders. Went well over asking price.

As long as there are giant pools of cash sitting around, this will continue.

Best,
Rich

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 11:25 

WWW  Profile

Inventory levels of a few airplanes have gone up, specifically Citation CJ's and Pilatus PC-12's... but at least so far we haven't seen huge price corrections and both of those markets are above other markets in regards to price expectations.

The summer slow down I predicted happened, we have four airplanes and a helicopter under contract and we're working offers on two more aircraft, we didn't steal any of them, but we were able to negotiate price / terms and the deals felt "normal" in other words not the "take it or the next guy will" mentality that we've been dealing with.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 15:23 

Post Likes: +13324
Aircraft: TU-104
Inventory in the 4 seat piston single category appears to be WAY up from when this thread started. A lot more listings at the major sites, and they are sticking longer, though prices are mostly still elevated from where I think they were and will return.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 15:29 

Post Likes: +4509
Company: Inscrutable Fasteners, LLC
Aircraft: Planeless
Inventory in the 4 seat piston single category appears to be WAY up from when this thread started. A lot more listings at the major sites, and they are sticking longer, though prices are mostly still elevated from where I think they were and will return.

Some makes/models, but there's nowhere near the selection, even at inflated prices. These days there's just the normal amount of "less than desirable" and the onese twose uber-cherry birds, but the vast "middle ground" has pretty much vanished. Used to be that only Twinkies and a few other models were like this, and Bonanzas and Barons always had a fairly large spectrum of price/features.

I don't get a sense that there is some huge pool of aircraft looking to be sold at the peak. People are buying and holding to fly, not to sell, and the desirable birds at market prices are all being sold off-market unless you make it known that you'll wave fat wads of cash.

Best,
Rich

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 15:52 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +4130
Company: Looking
Aircraft: Baron/Bonanza
I'm seeing more "sticking longer" listings in the piston twin category, and prices being adjusted down as time goes by. At least in the markets I'm working today. Feeling a bit more confident in the position I advised my customer to "be patient".

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 16:23 

Aircraft: Piper Meridian
I've been in the market since March when we sold our 08' Meridian. I agree that there is slightly more turbine inventory but it seems like the asking price is still just as lofty. I did have a broker contact me last week out of the blue though.

Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 140  Next