banner
banner

28 Mar 2024, 04:46 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: 21,000 MPH Commercial travel?
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2021, 21:38 

Post Likes: +3298
Aircraft: C182P, Merlin IIIC
Username Protected wrote:
Seriously guys, we had 4 years of MAGA on BT, despite the fair share of complete nonsense on a daily basis.
Now we're going to endure another 4 years of right-wing, disparaging comments?

Could you be so kind as to stay within the TOS and give it a rest for those of us who, exhausted, may NOT share your (geo)political affiliation?

Thank you so very much.

Seriously, you are about the only one who has to continuously raise a stink when you catch a whif of what you don't like.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2021, 23:24 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +5705
Company: Kokotele Guitar Works
Aircraft: C-182RG, C-172, PA28
Seriously guys, we had 4 years of MAGA on BT, despite the fair share of complete nonsense on a daily basis.

Could you be so kind as to stay within the TOS and give it a rest for those of us who, exhausted, may NOT share your (geo)political affiliation?

Thank you so very much.

Seriously, you are about the only one who has to continuously raise a stink when you catch a whif of what you don't like.

Erwin, you can't possibly be serious about this. There are dozens of posts each day on BT that include at least some low-grade conservative whining, if not outright conservative ranting.

I'm with Fabien. It's tedious at best, and nearly always leads to follow-on posts that clearly violate the TOS and are not germane to the topic at hand.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 00:12 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7391
Company: The French Tradition
Aircraft: 89 A36 TN, 78 Tiger
Let's just set up a commission, allocate 10.8 Billions from the covid stimulus package to study the probability to attain 21,000. mph.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 03:16 

Post Likes: +5447
Company: French major
Aircraft: Ejet
Exactly what was right-wing or disparaging about my initial post? The man said it. This IS an aviation site. If you want to read politics into everything then maybe WE are the ones who are exhausted and don't give two shiites about political affiliation.

(Enter the discussions about race now)

That's a very fair point Ron, it was not your post with which I had an issue.
No doubt it's fair to say that it sounds pretty far-fetched. Or impossible.

But it goes a step further in other posts.
As Eric explains so clearly, it's quite tedious to read some conservative talking point, and another BTer piling on, and so on. If you choose to answer with an opposite viewpoint, that will lead to the closure of the thread. So you let it slide. And the drift gets more important each time.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 07:30 

Post Likes: +263
Aircraft: Bonanza A36
Please cite the specific instances of ignorance in this thread. It's not Okay to to make a statement like that without evidence.

This little gem stood out to me as a particularly hysterical exaggeration:

"All of the "But he meant" in the world still doesn't change the fact that it could possibly be the most ill informed statement that I have heard in a LONG time."

The poster clearly never heard such hilarious claims as "We're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it" or "Right now we have just a few virus cases, and soon it'll be zero".

If anything Biden showed decent grasp of the Earth's dimensions by noting that you could just about get round in an hour at those speeds. Given that SpaceX is not far from point to point travel at clear to those speeds, and that the military usually has much more advanced tech than they let on, a guy who reads through a thousand different items each day failing to flag this is hardly the shock the partisan goofs on here like to imagine.

Politicians say dumber things 1,000 times a day, and once the posts start throwing around "delusional, dementia" and so on it doesn't seem terribly non-political anymore - not to mention the aviation relevance of Biden's wife's Spanish skills? It's all a bit pathetic.

You said "half", and cited three examples. The first was a "what-about" argument that is a non sequitur. The delusional, dementia comment may be a bit over the top, but unfortunately is pretty normal banter these days. On the third, I completely agree that spouses who "aren't in the game" should be left alone.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 07:59 

Post Likes: +13324
Aircraft: TU-104
The delusional, dementia comment may be a bit over the top, but unfortunately is pretty normal banter these days.

It’s neither over the top nor political. If you have been watching Joe Biden for more than a few years, and you don’t think the recent cognitive decline is real and serious, I have a bridge to sell you.

If you think dementia is a political issue that only happens to members of one party, I would point out this isn’t the first time we have had a president with this issue, and the last was from the other party.

If you think a 21,000 mph commercial transport is practical, cost effective, or necessary in the Internet age, I don’t know what to tell you. If you think it can be done in a manner that is environmentally friendly and won’t become a political target of the green lobby, I don’t know what to tell you. So yeah, if you take off the political blinders, the delusional part is just as real as the dementia.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 08:13 

Post Likes: +886
Aircraft: CJ4, AmphibBeaver

Thank you so very much.

Sorry Fabian, but now it’s our turn to be critical of this imbecile

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 08:13 

Post Likes: +5447
Company: French major
Aircraft: Ejet
Having spent more than a decade seeing what dementia did to 2 of my grand parents, yes it certainly is over the top, inaccurate, and completely political.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 08:38 

Post Likes: +13324
Aircraft: TU-104
Having spent more than a decade seeing what dementia did to 2 of my grand parents, yes it certainly is over the top, inaccurate, and completely political.

Time will prove that you are 100% wrong on this, and that you are the one whose has allowed politics to color your vision and judgment. I have witnessed it myself enough times to have absolutely no doubt what I see and I am far from the only one. Elected representatives from both parties have publicly commented on it. Medical professionals have commented on it. Even political allies in the media have commented on it.

There is no doubt Biden has experienced cognitive decline and that his memory issues and moments of confusion are far more serious than the periodic gaffes he (and most public figures) has had in the past. Given how little time he has spent in public in the last 12 months, far far less than any prior candidate or president recent times, there is no doubt the many issues we are seeing are only a small fraction of the episodes he is having.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 08:41 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +3819
Aircraft: B200, ex 58P
Dana Carvey does his Biden impression.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 10:07 

Post Likes: +1154
Aircraft: Piper PA-32R 300

This reminds me of when someone disagreed with 44's policies, they only did it because of his skin color.

Dementia IS real, however we aren't allowed to point it out when it is about a certain politician.

:scratch:

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin"

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 19:38 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +2547
Company: BeechTalk
Unsurprisingly, this thread started out about aviation-related politics and then swiftly moved into non-aviation politics. Thread locked.

Jeff

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4