Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: SR-72
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2021, 21:36 

Post Likes: +6409
Company: Power/mation
Aircraft: 1963 Debonair B33
Username Protected wrote:
If the TR3-B Astra is real, it would make the SR-72 unnecessary with Mach 9 speeds, and having the "Gravity Disruptor" technology. These black triangles have been reported by a lot of seemingly credible people.

Look at the shadows of the people vs those cast by the "Astra".

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2021, 21:59 

Post Likes: +4354
Aircraft: 182, A36TC
Paris (with an S that you pronounce at the end) is the son of Priam, lover of Helen of Sparta, killer of Achilles.

Paris (the city) is pronounced without the S.
Thank you, this PSA is now over. :btt:

edit: why do I do that? Because it's from Latin, and it's the proper pronunciation. If you guys hadn't mixed up Latin, Greek & French with some Old German, you would speak correctly :tongue: .
More seriously that is one of the biggest differences between Latin languages and German/Northern-based languages: in the latter, all letters of a word tend to be pronounced. In Latin, letters are in conjunction to create different syllables whose pronunciation depends on their position in the word.

I’m curious about this, Fabian. When I learned Latin thirty years ago, I was told all syllables were pronounced, with little changes in pronunciation as a result of letter combinations: Hard C and S, the letter V as W, the letter U as “ooh” etc.
Last year my kids started learning Latin and the pronunciation guides are the same. Perhaps the Romans spoke Latin differently in Gaul?
Another one of my teachers also commented that modern Spanish (from Spain) is the closest pronunciation to original Latin, with the exception of the hard-c of course.
For what it’s worth, I learned French while attending school (CM2) in the Alpes Maritimes. Many years later I was working on a job in France, and one of my colleagues told me I spoke French like a ten year old!
:shrug:

If you have ever tried to speak with Dominicans or Puerto Rico in their native tongue, you would quickly find out they drop half of half the words. They can’t even understand each other. “Como” and “Que” are heard often when they speak to each other.

Just for clarification
:

Como=what= do what in West Virginia.

Cuomo = do whatever or whomever in NY

Ryan Holt CFI

"Paranoia and PTSD are requirements not diseases"

Last edited on 17 Mar 2021, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 02:51 

Post Likes: +5447
Company: French major
Aircraft: Ejet
Wasn't that the same tech that the Raptor was supposed to use to reach its performance data?

And considering how amazing we got to be at photoshop and deepfakes, why do we always get those crude fake UFO?

Anyway, physics are still physics...

What crude fakes? Those are artists' renderings. :D Yep, physics are physics, the same throughout the universe I believe, but that doesn't mean we have mastered them all, and the general public doesn't know what we have mastered.

The late Ben Rich, leader of the Skunk Works after Kelly Johnson said "Anything you can imagine, we already have the technology to do." "We have things out in the desert that are 50 years beyond what you can comprehend." "If you've seen something on Star Wars or Star Trek we've been there, done that, or decided it wasn't worth the effort." "We have 4500 people working at the Skunk Works, what do you think they have been doing for the last 18 or 20 years? They're building something."

Beam me up Scotty. :D

Fair point, and certainly did not mean to imply that we have mastered everything, far from it.

Nevertheless I have little doubt that any progress required to move further at this point will be made by scientists who work in pure maths and physics.
Skunk Works is "only" applied physics. It's possible they stumble onto something, of course.
But you need the brilliant scientists (at CERN for instance) to push our knowledge further and make the giant leap forward.

And that is more than public, by design. At the moment, it is my understanding that the Higgs Boson is a step away from "gravity disruptor".

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 08:06 

Post Likes: +13324
Aircraft: TU-104
Skunk Works is "only" applied physics.

How do you know that?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 08:21 

Post Likes: +4354
Aircraft: 182, A36TC
Wasn't that the same tech that the Raptor was supposed to use to reach its performance data?

And considering how amazing we got to be at photoshop and deepfakes, why do we always get those crude fake UFO?

Anyway, physics are still physics...

What do you think these military UFO sightings have been for years? Bob Lazar sure saw something but it was not from another planet. Unless you consider the UP of Michigan to be another planet. If these UFO’s are not disruptive technology, what is?

Ryan Holt CFI

"Paranoia and PTSD are requirements not diseases"

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 11:51 

Post Likes: +7925
Aircraft: C-182
Interesting that Bob Lazar has been mentioned. A very controversial person who claimed to have been working on alien craft, reverse engineering them in a super secret section of Area 51 named "S4." S4 had not previously been known to the public, but eventually it's existence was confirmed as a separate entity of Area 51.

As many know, the civilian scientists and workers are flown into Area 51 in 737's from Las Vegas with the call sign "Janet", or at least that was the process when I was closer to it.

Upon arriving at Area 51, the S4 workers are put on a separate bus and taken to S4 a few miles away. Bob Lazar claimed they had 5 alien craft at S4 that they were reverse engineering, with some being operational. The government went to great lengths to discredit Bob Lazar, but little bits of information trickle out that only someone who was there would know. So it's a toss up among many if Bob Lazar has been telling the truth.

Before I retired we were on a night flight from the east into Mather, and we had just crossed the Rockies when my FO said "You know about Area 52 don't you?" I said that I didn't. He said "Yep, it's right there" pointing over the nose at what I knew was Dugway Proving Grounds, 85 miles southeast if Salt Lake City, a chemical/biological warfare development and testing facility on over 800,000 acres of land and adjoining the 2,600 square mile Utah Test and Training Range, together the largest special use airspace in the country over land.

Dugway would be the perfect cover for an Area 52 with the danger of chemical/biological testing to keep prying eyes away. In fact, in 1968 was the "Dugway Sheep Kill" where 7,000 rancher's sheep were killed by anthrax, 30 miles from the Dugway testing site. There was speculation that the highly publicized incident was a message to would be snoopers to stay away. Supposedly, most of the facilities are under ground. There are some interesting videos out showing strange happenings at Dugway, but as always with these highly controversial stories about secret sites, it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. ;)

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Last edited on 17 Mar 2021, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 12:15 

How do you know that?

Fair point. Most likely I did not express myself properly. In the (quite small) scientific world of today, most scientists who work on the maths/physics needed to go beyond what our technology allows are in a few specific fields, and they are quite well-identified, working for organisations like CERN.
To get the kind of revolution it takes to discover the Higgs Boson for example, you need investments a bit beyond what Lockheed Martin receives from the US gov. The LHC for instance is around 7.5 billion euros.
It is entirely possible to imagine that those scientists would work for some government agencies/industries.
But considering the research which is done at the moment, that would imply that:
-they work on the LHC for instance, for about 10 years
-bring the knowledge they get from CERN to Skunk Works for instance (sure enough)
-use that knowledge to discover something outstanding, let's say how to manipulate the Higgs Field
-NEVER EVER bring that knowledge back to civilian world whilst still working for CERN.

And that no scientist ever make that discovery at the same time, or see any of the math slip past...without using the resources of CERN: and you can't exactly build something as big without anyone noticing. For starters, the size of the construction (and the thousands of companies needed to create very very precise stuff), the time it takes, and the energy it consumes!

Ultimately my point is: Skunk Works and all the other engineers are surely very very smart and working on leading edge technology.

But we need to advance the science to achieve the kind of performances that we are talking about, and to do that...

Nevertheless there is little doubt that I could be wrong, they could have discovered how to play with space-time, used the tech without any of the science projects constantly looking at the planet noticing, and kept it all secret.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 14:07 

Post Likes: +3631
Company: FAA Flight Check
Aircraft: King Air 300F/C90GTx
As always, we have millions of cellphones, way too often there's a go-pro in the cockpit of the plane (mil or civ), nothing recorded!

And of course, I don't see some of the recent heads of state keeping their mouth shut about something like that...

Of course there is the Super Hornet ATFLIR video of...……..something.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 14:08 

Post Likes: +1514
Aircraft: Club Archer
... strange happenings at Dugway

I spent 2 very very cold, mostly sleepless weeks at Dugway in early 1987 while in Ranger School. No strange happenings there at that time. :)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 15:49 

As always, we have millions of cellphones, way too often there's a go-pro in the cockpit of the plane (mil or civ), nothing recorded!

And of course, I don't see some of the recent heads of state keeping their mouth shut about something like that...

Good point! Well made.

As you said, of something. Undefined.

It's quite a massive stretch for me to imply it's alien or any unknown tech. It's unidentified.

Edit: still, very happy to be proven wrong.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 17:11 

Post Likes: +7925
Aircraft: C-182

Yes, I posted the Super Hornet video with audio on the first page of this thread.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2021, 17:31 

Post Likes: +7871
Aircraft: OPA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ABe ... o%20do.%22

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2021, 03:09 

Post Likes: +22857
Aircraft: A33

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2021, 06:45 

Post Likes: +4872
Company: USAF Simulator Instructor
Aircraft: Bonanza G35
Getting back to the original thread drift, re Latin: do we know how the Romans 2,000 years ago pronounced their Latin? Or are we making an educated guess based on the written material we have? Obviously, we don’t have any recordings of Romand speaking Latin from that time.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2021, 06:56 

Getting back to the original thread drift, re Latin: do we know how the Romans 2,000 years ago pronounced their Latin? Or are we making an educated guess based on the written material we have? Obviously, we don’t have any recordings of Romand speaking Latin from that time.

It's an interesting question. We do know how it was spoken by multiple reports of how it varied through the years. For instance we can take Caesar's books or Cicero's speeches, and notice how Gaullish influenced it from there. And you get writings from "younger" authors about reading those speeches and the variations of grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.

Also, we have education books explaining how to teach or learn the language, as well as Greek, and the differences between.

edit: also, remember that Latin is NOT a dead language.

Last edited on 18 Mar 2021, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next