banner
banner

25 Apr 2024, 16:06 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Greenwich AeroGroup (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Acquisition for a PC-12NG (don't tell Jason)
PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 08:42 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +7340
Company: Jet Acquisitions
Username Protected wrote:

They do both. When Sean worked for me, he did so in the capacity that you do.

Nothing wrong with doing both, my issue is with guy who represents both the buyer and seller. Or more often let the buyer assume he is representing them, when he is actually looking out for the seller.

Last edited on 17 May 2019, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 08:46 

Post Likes: +13066
Aircraft: PC12NG

Nothing wrong with doing both, my issue is with guy who represent both the buyer and seller. Or more often let the buyer assume he is representing them, when he is actually looking out for the seller.

But when I drop the plane (PC12) at Epps (dealer) for a pre-buy, Epps is representing me.

Once again.... I do think this way of doing things is pretty specific to the PC12 because it's such a simple machine and there are no aftermarket mods.... It' can't be tinkered with. It's either airworthy or it isn't. The only thing a seller could attempt to hide is damage history but that would pop up in a second during pre-buy so what would be the point?

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 09:03 

WWW  Profile

But when I drop the plane (PC12) at Epps (dealer) for a pre-buy, Epps is representing me.

Once again.... I do think this way of doing things is pretty specific to the PC12 because it's such a simple machine and there are no aftermarket mods.... It' can't be tinkered with. It's either airworthy or it isn't. The only thing a seller could attempt to hide is damage history but that would pop up in a second so what would be the point?

You are ok with buying an airplane from a broker who is representing the seller (who by the way did a great job taking you on the trip) and then taking it to the shop who has been maintaining it for the seller to do the prebuy.... same shop the broker works for... most people are not ok with that.

But, you are right, when you bought your airplane it was five years old and had a little over 400 hours on it... not much could be wrong.

Is Sean still with Epps?

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 09:29 

Post Likes: +13066
Aircraft: PC12NG
You think the Pilatus factory service center is going to lie to the guy paying them to do an inspection/annual? Epps services PC12s from all over the SE.

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 10:33 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +8430
Company: OAA
Aircraft: UMF3, UBF 2, P180 II
I apologize to all of my wonderful Beechtalk friends, that these threads so often sound like an advertisement for Jet Acquisitions, that is NOT my intent, but I am on a mission...

Not to get more business, we are blessed with a steady supply of awesome clients.

I'm on a mission to change this industry.

The reason I encourage people to get into the acquisition business... in an honest fashion... is that I truly believe that buyers should know who represents them and that listing agents should only represent the seller.

I'm not trying to get a bigger piece of the pie... I'm trying to make the pie bigger.

I've been involved in aircraft sales for over twenty years, there are good guys and unfortunately a lot of crooks. What there isn't is an abundance of guys like me who are willing to work hard and protect buyers. I'm going to change that.

Chip,

You get a fair amount of pushback in threads you start. I find some of them interesting but they all have the appearance or tone of an infomercial. And I think that’s what creates the issue. If you were to just post about planes, without constant references to what you are buying, what you do and how you do it for a living, I think you’d find more acceptance and probably more business here. Most of us have only a general idea about what we all do for a living, and when it comes up it is very rarely. And never self serving.

May I respectfully suggest that you consider the high regard, and universal respect, enjoyed by a number of community members involved in the aviation industry, who post regularly, knowledgeably, and without their own personal self interest as their primary motivator as examples?

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 10:57 

Post Likes: +154
Aircraft: On the hunt...
Speaking as one who is still (always) learning I find great value in his posts and don't feel they are overly commercial. The data are topical, timely and useful. While I understand your concern the commercial benefit he may derive, if any, is not a concern of mine given the above. Perhaps, like me, you find that pushback usually emanates from many of the same sources on a variety of subjects. Maybe not in this case, don't know. I would hate to put a chill on sharing by anyone/everyone unless it is unnecessarily negative or aggressive. I do hope you'll agree that it would not be to our benefit if the Blackhawks, Kadexs, Genesys, Kingairdom, et al, we're made to feel unwelcome.

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 11:10 

Post Likes: +7090
Aircraft: PC12NG, G3Tat

Nothing wrong with doing both, my issue is with guy who represents both the buyer and seller. Or more often let the buyer assume he is representing them, when he is actually looking out for the seller.

Don't fret, I made sure that he was looking out for my best interests. Our airplane was purchased from Tempus from Matt Rule, who now works for Epps after Tempus went Tango Uniform. Currently in the PC12 owner flown market, it's still a very small community. If Epps, who has serviced an airplane that they do a prebuy on and miss something, that is eventually gonna be on them. The buyer of a 3MM plus airplane is not gonna let that slide.

There are always deals to be had, but the PC12 market is still robust. Until the Denali arrives I reckon it will remain that way.

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 18:58 

WWW  Profile

You think the Pilatus factory service center is going to lie to the guy paying them to do an inspection/annual? Epps services PC12s from all over the SE.

No, not at all. Just saying that most buyers want to take the aircraft somewhere other than where it has been maintained to do the prepurchase survey.

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 09:53 

WWW  Profile

I apologize to all of my wonderful Beechtalk friends, that these threads so often sound like an advertisement for Jet Acquisitions, that is NOT my intent, but I am on a mission...

Not to get more business, we are blessed with a steady supply of awesome clients.

I'm on a mission to change this industry.

The reason I encourage people to get into the acquisition business... in an honest fashion... is that I truly believe that buyers should know who represents them and that listing agents should only represent the seller.

I'm not trying to get a bigger piece of the pie... I'm trying to make the pie bigger.

I've been involved in aircraft sales for over twenty years, there are good guys and unfortunately a lot of crooks. What there isn't is an abundance of guys like me who are willing to work hard and protect buyers. I'm going to change that.

Chip,

You get a fair amount of pushback in threads you start. I find some of them interesting but they all have the appearance or tone of an infomercial. And I think that’s what creates the issue. If you were to just post about planes, without constant references to what you are buying, what you do and how you do it for a living, I think you’d find more acceptance and probably more business here. Most of us have only a general idea about what we all do for a living, and when it comes up it is very rarely. And never self serving.

May I respectfully suggest that you consider the high regard, and universal respect, enjoyed by a number of community members involved in the aviation industry, who post regularly, knowledgeably, and without their own personal self interest as their primary motivator as examples?

Tony,

I guess the term infomercial is probably fitting. Unlike everyone else in the aviation industry I’m in a position where I have to explain what we do. If I were an aircraft broker my post and approach would be very different. Most folks still don’t see the difference between what we do and what a broker does. We all are familiar with aircraft brokers and what they do, but most people who are in the market for an aircraft have no idea that there’s someone who they can hire to do it for them. The challenge becomes even greater when the waters are muddied by brokers who sort of do acquisitions or sort of help buyers.

I think the perception is that I’m trying to gain clients from my BT brethren and that’s simply not the case, I feel like you guys are family, and you’re probably less likely to hire me because of it! There’s a lot of people that find these threads that you would never even know they were here, I know because they call us.

One statement I hear a lot is “I had no idea someone does what you do” and I hear it from both our clients and the people we buy airplanes from. I want to change that, I want hiring someone to represent you the buyer to be the norm. If you were sued for $50k would you go to court without an attorney? Yet, buying an airplane is a little like going to court, there’s a chance you will lose and $50k goes pretty quick when you have to pay for a prebuy that found a problem and return the rejected airplane to the seller. Lose a deposit or have it tied up in escrow indefinitely and you’ve tripled your loss. Add to that all of the time and effort... it becomes a risky venture. I see purchase agreements that leave the buyer completely exposed, yet they signed because they assumed it was standard.

I want to clean up the transaction side of this industry. I’m not alone, there’s a huge effort within IADA (International Aircraft Dealers Association) to do the same thing. They are working on training / certification programs for aircraft brokers, as well as code of conduct and ethical standards. They will have standardized agreements that are fair to buyer and seller. You’ll see a lot of good... and overdue changes to this industry in the next few years.

I started this company because I witnessed far too many buyers being taken advantage of, I identified a need and met it in a very limited fashion... but I couldn’t possibly meet the demand, we had to turn away a lot of business last year and will turn away a lot this year, we are blessed with great clients but we are limited in how many buyers we can represent, I simply will not sacrifice quality service for volume.

I’m passionate about what I do... I buy airplanes with other people’s money... it doesn’t get any better than that. I want to educate buyers regarding the need for representation and I want to attract more professionals willing to be buyer’s reps. I’m so passionate about it that I’m a walking infomercial.

To all you regular BT’ers that I occasionally annoy, do know that I appreciate your support, friendship and tolerance!

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4