banner
banner

28 Mar 2024, 08:15 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: My New (to me) Cessna 182M
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2022, 20:03 

Post Likes: +312
Aircraft: C182Q IO-550
Username Protected wrote:
Ordered today. They even have a blue color that mostly will match my interior!

Also Dave you might should get a commission. Sales told me I was the 2nd call today for this exact part - and I called before lunch CDT.

RAS
As did I….

I must have been 1st, and mine was ordered in Black !

:-)

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2022, 20:25 

Post Likes: +3996
Aircraft: RV6A, C182M
Ordered today. They even have a blue color that mostly will match my interior!

Also Dave you might should get a commission. Sales told me I was the 2nd call today for this exact part - and I called before lunch CDT.

RAS

Richard,
They matched my gray color almost exactly as well. I will have to say though that their stickers to re-placard the trim wheels and cowl flaps and such totally suck. They don't stick very well and I ended up using my Brother P-Touch label maker to make new ones that were less gaudy and stick much better. The cowl flap one is really obnoxious IMO. I'll try to shoot pics of the new placards I redid yesterday and post when I get a chance.

Dave

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2022, 08:05 

Post Likes: +8576
Aircraft: Lancair LNC2 - SOLD
They don't stick very well
Did you miss my post on 3M Primer 94?
Quote:
3M Tape Primer 94 can be used to promote adhesion of 3M tapes to surfaces such polyethylene, polypropylene, ABS, PET/PBT blends, concrete, wood, glass, metal and painted metal surfaces.
It also works well on those "I did that!" stickers people are putting on gasoline pumps :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2022, 11:21 

They don't stick very well
Did you miss my post on 3M Primer 94?
Quote:
3M Tape Primer 94 can be used to promote adhesion of 3M tapes to surfaces such polyethylene, polypropylene, ABS, PET/PBT blends, concrete, wood, glass, metal and painted metal surfaces.
It also works well on those "I did that!" stickers people are putting on gasoline pumps :lol:

John,
I did see your post about the primer 94. The biggest problem is that the sticker material is pretty thick and the texture of the console cover is kinda rough so the actual surface area for the stickers to stick to is rather small because the sticker material won't conform to the texture. The P-Touch labels are really thin and get maximum surface contact. Even in the heat I've never had one come off in my RV6. I also like the background color being black with white lettering instead of how Selkirk did them.

Dave

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 10:03 

Post Likes: +173
Aircraft: PA-18 & 206
Dave:

3M 4910 - https://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-4910-V ... g=btalk-20

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 21:44 

Thanks!

Dave

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2022, 12:05 

I will have to say though that their stickers to re-placard the trim wheels and cowl flaps and such totally suck. They don't stick very well and I ended up using my Brother P-Touch label maker to make new ones that were less gaudy and stick much better. The cowl flap one is really obnoxious IMO. I'll try to shoot pics of the new placards I redid yesterday and post when I get a chance.

Here's the console with the smaller placards done with the P-Touch printer. I also was able to do a little trimming on the fuel selector plate to make it work on the Selkirk pedestal. Just a couple of notches at the 11 and 2 o'clock position to clear the radius's in the fiberglass and it'll work. Just need to find time to take it all apart again and get it mounted. ;)

Dave

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Post subject: Re: My New (to me/us) Cessna 182K
PostPosted: 08 May 2022, 14:52 

Post Likes: +90
Company: N/A
Aircraft: 35-33 Debonair CD125
Late as always, but I bought a 182K last week, and it will be in my hangar tomorrow.
Immaculate airplane with the TSIO470RR from an STC in '83, and they added a CS Industries, turbo at the same time. It is an AiResearch turbo.
It has a Horton kit and STC'ed wheel pants and a nose gear fairing. Plus, main gear fairings and strut fairings.
It will have the case of oil mod', in the back, by tomorrow afternoon. Water freezes in Montana.
Should go well here in the mountains, after the insurance decided I couldn't have the Debonair with a 520, anymore. Age discrimination!!
Speedbird 1.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 04:37 

I'm currently doing the annual on my 182 and I need to install new engine mounts. I'll be taking my engine hoist to the hangar tomorrow so I can lift the engine. I already have the new Lord mounts and was wondering if there are any tips or tricks to doing this from folks that have done it. :scratch: I did the Dynafocal mounts in my RV6 a few years ago and it was a total b***h to do. The Cessna looks easier but I might just be kidding myself. :rofl:

Dave

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 10:13 

Post Likes: +1012
Aircraft: Cessna 182M
I'm currently doing the annual on my 182 and I need to install new engine mounts. I'll be taking my engine hoist to the hangar tomorrow so I can lift the engine. I already have the new Lord mounts and was wondering if there are any tips or tricks to doing this from folks that have done it. :scratch: I did the Dynafocal mounts in my RV6 a few years ago and it was a total b***h to do. The Cessna looks easier but I might just be kidding myself. :rofl:

Dave

Just warm up your collection of "(7%5$@8#-+" words. :)

Seriously, we did ours 4-5 years ago when we had the exhaust off to have a couple of low cylinders pulled. Takes at least 2 folks, maybe 3 - one to get them in place and insert the bolt, one to tilt and wiggle the motor to accomplish that and maybe a 3rd to manipulate the hoist.

I simply do not know if it can be done w/o dropping the exhaust but I doubt it. If yours has not been off recently have fun.

Line up on the last one was simply a real pain - we got 3 done and the 4th bolt would not line up. Ended up pulling all and starting again in a different order. I would not recommend doing them in an order that leaves either of the rear 2 for last.

RAS

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 11:10 

Dave

Seriously, we did ours 4-5 years ago when we had the exhaust off to have a couple of low cylinders pulled. Takes at least 2 folks, maybe 3 - one to get them in place and insert the bolt, one to tilt and wiggle the motor to accomplish that and maybe a 3rd to manipulate the hoist.

I simply do not know if it can be done w/o dropping the exhaust but I doubt it. If yours has not been off recently have fun.

Line up on the last one was simply a real pain - we got 3 done and the 4th bolt would not line up. Ended up pulling all and starting again in a different order. I would not recommend doing them in an order that leaves either of the rear 2 for last.

RAS

Thanks, Richard....I think. :lol:

Dave

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 13:09 

Post Likes: +7925
Aircraft: C-182

Dave

Dave, nice 182. If you haven't already, this would be a good time to put some quality heat shields on your exhaust to protect those new motor mounts. There are some after market ones out there. I used Texas Skyways' when I did the 520 conversion and used their heavy duty motor mount.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 16:43 

Dave

Dave, nice 182. If you haven't already, this would be a good time to put some quality heat shields on your exhaust to protect those new motor mounts. There are some after market ones out there. I used Texas Skyways' when I did the 520 conversion and used their heavy duty motor mount.

Thanks, Paul. I'll look into doing that while I'm waiting on the prop governor to come back from the overhaul shop.

Dave

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2022, 18:20 

Got my Door Stewards installed today on the 182. Dang, I don't know why I've waited until now to do this. These things are cooler than sliced bread. :thumbup:

Dave

[youtube]https://youtu.be/mF-eLA-zLyc[/youtube]

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2022, 15:14 

Dave

RAS

Richard,
Got the engine mounts done this morning and no cuss words were required. It actually was pretty easy and only took about 1.5 hours to get it done. I had my mechanic help and he's done a ton of them and said you want to do one side at a time when installing the bolts. I didn't need to remove the exhaust but had to disconnect a few things like the oil lines to the Airwolf filter adapter, manifold pressure line, and some scat ducting from the air oil separator. I also removed the heat shields from the engine mount to give the exhaust more clearance.

Dave

Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next