banner
banner

29 Mar 2024, 02:44 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Bravo SpaceX
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2022, 19:39 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +19122
Company: Keybilly Adventures
Aircraft: P35, GC1B
Username Protected wrote:
I am glad I lived in the same era as Elon Musk.

I just wish he'd keep building interesting actual things instead of letting his attention get distracted with unproductive things like owning Twitter... :doh:

Take a look at how much money that dude has made with his "random," disruptive tweets. Elon uses Twitter to manipulate markets and politics. It's in his best financial interest to own Twitter, and, while I love watching liberal heads explode over his recent purchase... he isn't doing this to "do the right thing" and I don't think it would be wise to blindly trust his motives.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2022, 20:36 

Post Likes: +19436
Aircraft: 1968 Baron D55
Is it just me or do those things land more smoothly than they used to? Seem to just barely drop onto the pad.

They’ve been like this pretty much since the first successful landing. The calculations that go into it must be pretty impressive. Everything is timed out perfectly. The single Merlin engine produces too much power at idle to hover, so landing a Falcon 9 is like stopping a car right on the stop line, with excess braking needed at the end and modulated perfectly to a stop. In the case of the rocket, the engine must then shut down immediately or it will take back off.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2022, 22:55 

Post Likes: +1823
Aircraft: A36, 767

Take a look at how much money that dude has made with his "random," disruptive tweets. Elon uses Twitter to manipulate markets and politics. It's in his best financial interest to own Twitter, and, while I love watching liberal heads explode over his recent purchase... he isn't doing this to "do the right thing" and I don't think it would be wise to blindly trust his motives.

His, and those like him, are the only motives I trust!!!! I know exactly what he’s doing, making what he thinks are great products to make money and maybe impact the world. That’s versus who, politicians???? Not even close. Are they serving their constituents, own political careers, special interest groups….the only thing I know is that it’s not whatever they say it is. Civil servants in DC? I’ve worked with thousands and have literally never heard a single one ask what’s best for the taxpayers when making decisions.

I doubt he’s out to screw his stockholders or customers; so if you believe in what he’s doing, trust him, and if not, don’t.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2022, 23:05 

Post Likes: +3735
Aircraft: Piaggio Avanti
I don’t know - a balanced information source people believed in might enable humanity to focus on things that matter (like building rockets:)

Yeah, that seems like the trend… :doh:

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2022, 23:14 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +19122
Company: Keybilly Adventures
Aircraft: P35, GC1B

His, and those like him, are the only motives I trust!!!! I know exactly what he’s doing, making what he thinks are great products to make money and maybe impact the world. That’s versus who, politicians???? Not even close. Are they serving their constituents, own political careers, special interest groups….the only thing I know is that it’s not whatever they say it is. Civil servants in DC? I’ve worked with thousands and have literally never heard a single one ask what’s best for the taxpayers when making decisions.

I doubt he’s out to screw his stockholders or customers; so if you believe in what he’s doing, trust him, and if not, don’t.

I believe that the kind of power that comes with the wealth and influence he enjoys tends to corrupt even the most virtuous of individuals. If one thinks he's doing this for any reason other than to secure more wealth and power, I think that person will be very disappointed... and the methods that secure wealth and power right now can easily be turned against those cheering for him right now at a later date.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2022, 12:59 

Post Likes: +19436
Aircraft: 1968 Baron D55
I believe that the kind of power that comes with the wealth and influence he enjoys tends to corrupt even the most virtuous of individuals. If one thinks he's doing this for any reason other than to secure more wealth and power, I think that person will be very disappointed... and the methods that secure wealth and power right now can easily be turned against those cheering for him right now at a later date.

I think that the two are intertwined. Very few people set out to rule the world. I seriously doubt that young Elon, cobbling together PayPal in his mom's basement or wherever had any aspirations to secure power over the masses. As you point out though, with wealth comes influence and the ability to do things that you never imagined. They can be good, or bad. The worst are the latter that masquerade in your mind as the former. Does Elon want to make the world a better place? I honestly believe that he does. The danger is in the fact that he has the financial power to move levers that can do serious damage if operated incorrectly. Anyone at that level that tries to make the world a better place is playing with fire.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2022, 13:50 

Post Likes: +4511
Company: Inscrutable Fasteners, LLC
Aircraft: Planeless
I think that the two are intertwined. Very few people set out to rule the world. I seriously doubt that young Elon, cobbling together PayPal in his mom's basement or wherever had any aspirations to secure power over the masses. As you point out though, with wealth comes influence and the ability to do things that you never imagined. They can be good, or bad. The worst are the latter that masquerade in your mind as the former. Does Elon want to make the world a better place? I honestly believe that he does. The danger is in the fact that he has the financial power to move levers that can do serious damage if operated incorrectly. Anyone at that level that tries to make the world a better place is playing with fire.

"You gotta get to the big time first, then you can be a pillar and do good things".
- Bud Fox

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2022, 14:27 

Post Likes: +3381
Aircraft: planeless
he isn't doing this to "do the right thing" and I don't think it would be wise to blindly trust his motives.

I don't think it wise to blindly trust anyone's motives, but I think he is trying to do the right thing.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2022, 22:43 

Post Likes: +3718
Company: Flagstaff-Williams Dev. LLC
Aircraft: 1965 310J
he isn't doing this to "do the right thing" and I don't think it would be wise to blindly trust his motives.

I don't think it wise to blindly trust anyone's motives, but I think he is trying to do (What he thinks is ) the right thing.

Added this as my take on it. I dont always agree what he does is 'the right thing'.

One obvious note: People this rich have more trouble throttling the right/wrong/"what I want" than us 'po-folks'. Us lesser mortals have to hit the marks more consistently on a day to day basis.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2022, 23:52 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +3553
Company: AssuredPartners Aerospace Phx.
Aircraft: IAR823, LrJet, 240Z
Just here for the rocket science :peace:

C: 602-628-2701

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2022, 08:49 

Post Likes: +13206
Company: Cogswell Cogs, LLC
Aircraft: C205
14:33 Raptor engines fired for the first time. A few problems to solve before attempting to light all 33.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/9agV9gEzPBE[/youtube]

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2022, 18:25 

Post Likes: +7875
Aircraft: OPA
Boeing seems to have at least got this one right.

https://www.space.com/space-force-x-37b ... ssion-ends

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2023, 12:08 

WWW  Profile

The 5th Falcon Heavy spectacle will occur today.
2255Z

Sides RTLS
Core expended for performance.

#NotaVisionJet
#LOPisnotacrime
#EnteraHoldhowyouwantnbc

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2023, 15:36 

WWW  Profile

The 5th Falcon Heavy spectacle will occur today.
2255Z

Sides RTLS
Core expended for performance.

#NotaVisionJet
#LOPisnotacrime
#EnteraHoldhowyouwantnbc

Scrub.
Sunday the 15th now.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2023, 15:51 

Post Likes: +266
Boeing seems to have at least got this one right.

https://www.space.com/space-force-x-37b ... ssion-ends

Yes, with experience gained from the Shuttle program. :peace:

Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next