24 Apr 2024, 00:55 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Greenwich AeroGroup (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Cirrus Jet
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 10:08 

Post Likes: +30
Aircraft: 2008 Bonanza G36
What do you guys think about the Cirrus Jet? Looks like a great bang for the buck if they can bring it to market under 1.5 million.

Post subject: Re: Cirrus Jet
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 10:20 

Post Likes: +8
Company: ExecuJet Aviation Group
Aircraft: BD700
As with all of the VLJ's (Cessna Mustang is not, IMO, a VLJ), I will believe it when I see it. The "VLJ" industry has really yet to materialize, and Eclipse has yet to deliver a completed jet; moreover, it looks like she's about to go under (and with it many unsecured depositers and taxpayers in NM). Diamond is also appearing to have financial problems, which may slow or halt their plans with their SEJ. Epic has their jet over in Georgia, and the Russians bombed the airport where it was kept.

I will say a few things positively about Cirrus -- at least they aren't making any public promises with the SJ50. Also, they are being honest when they talk about certified altitude -- FL250. There is a reg now in Part 23 that in essence mandates a dual independent pressurization system for aircraft to be certified above FL250. With the SEJ's, Bleed Air is out since there is only one engine -- lose the engine, lose the Bleed Air. The only alternatives therefore are electrical (heavy and costly), or an RAT (which if you have lost the one and only engine, do you really want this little turbine sticking out from the aircraft and dragging up the aircraft?).

Chris

Last edited on 17 Aug 2008, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 10:20 

Post Likes: +12446
Aircraft: C182
Jeff, they already bought it to market. There are dozens of them flying.

This does not address the very serious problems the company is having. They just laid off a bunch of workers, and the rumors are flying.

There's even talk of moving the operation out of the country.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 10:23 

The Cirrus SJ50 is flying and dozens have been delivered???? Sure you're not thinking about Eclipse?

Chris

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 11:44 

Post Likes: +4289
Aircraft: BE 58
Username Protected wrote:
What do you guys think about the Cirrus Jet? Looks like a great bang for the buck if they can bring it to market under 1.5 million.

There's a lot of interesting little Jets out there, and the Cirrus looks pretty good. The Eclipse looks good as does the Adam and Diamond, and for a few more bucks the Piper, Honda and Epic are there if you have over $2M to spend.

But the Cirrus has a lot going for it, if they can come close to their goals. A lot of the others don't have a good track record of meeting goals and performance projections or financial stability. Plus a fairly big cabin.

On the other hand, I'd sure like to see more turboprop entries like the Piper Propjet (conversion). The prop jet has much more potential for better performance numbers and lower costs.

What I'd really like to see is a Baron with a single engine prop jet, and a 5.0 cabin, and somehow keep the big door in back.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 11:59 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +2550
Company: BeechTalk
On the other hand, I'd sure like to see more turboprop entries like the Piper Propjet (conversion). The prop jet has much more potential for better performance numbers and lower costs.

Agreed. Plus no type rating is a major bonus.

Quote:
What I'd really like to see is a Baron with a single engine prop jet, and a 5.0 cabin, and somehow keep the big door in back.

Now where is that :drool: smilie?? :)

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 15:38 

Post Likes: +1897
Jeff, they already bought it to market. There are dozens of them flying.

This does not address the very serious problems the company is having. They just laid off a bunch of workers, and the rumors are flying.

There's even talk of moving the operation out of the country.

Pretty sure you're talking about the Eclipse. Closing in on delivering the 250th airplane, maybe out by now. Neat little airplane, excellent performance. Came up from Cabo the other day at FL340, TAS 340, burning 60GPH. Very easy to fly, very difficult to operate with all the missing stuff.

Yes, many problems, but I'm having fun while it lasts! (No, it's not mine)

John Deakin
80-hour Eclipse Pilot

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 17:10 

Post Likes: +12446
Aircraft: C182
Hello. Tom Gresham, forum idiot, here.

Ah . . . Yes, I meant the Eclipse jet.

That'll teach me to try to write a message when prepping for the radio show. Too much going on.

Sorry for the idiocy.

We now take you back to your regularly-scheduled idiocy.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 19:00 

... not 'fake' orders like the Eclipse has.

The new CEO of Eclipse is Raul Pieper, he is a Dutch guy and a convicted criminal in Belgium, he was once CEO in 2000 of a company called Lernaut & Hauspie in Belgium, (they made speech IT products, they eventually bought Dragon speech (dictaphone)) many people lost money because they went bankrupt and Belgium court has recently a few months ago made Raul Pieper responsible for fake big invoices to bump up figures with Korean daughter companies, he also sold all his shares before L&H went bankrupt at that time L&H was a company on the USA stock market so he was obligated to announce the sell of shares which he did not. I understand you go to jail if you do that in the USA..Propably they used part of that money to invest in Eclipse and the link with Microsoft investing in Eclipse and handing over to Pieper may be a part of it. These guys will do whatever they want. To make the founder and previous CEO of eclipse step out of it was only IMHO part 2 of their business plan, IMHO a part of their business plan will be moving the production to Russia.

Amen Brother ... and Roel is about to legally steal the company and plant it in Russia. Rayburn and Eclipse is right up there Bede in my book. I wouldn't fly the plane, put a family member on it, or even a friend. 250 orders delivered -- two comments about that; 1. that's 250 INCOMPLETE orders delivered with no hope in sight for those poor souls according to the last teleconference and emails; and 2. Weren't they supposed to deliver 250 in the first 3 months, and it is what . . . 18 months later? Eclipse and Cirrus shouldn't be compared -- one company's a joke and the other is trying very hard to make it work.

Chris

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 20:25 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +1069
Aircraft: Cessna 182S
The Eclipse 400 was my favorite thing at Osh, but yeah, the company seems to be headed underwater fast.

The Cirrus was a bit big for my tastes -- but it was definitely #2 on my drool factor list. That thing had ramp appeal in spades.

Yves -- really? Ugly? Is it the ovoid intake scoop? That's my least favorite thing.. but I'd deal with it. I sorta like that they are limiting it to FL250, it makes me think they really plan to certify the thing in a reasonable timeline.

OK - We had to get our pic taken with it as it was so beautiful. Here I am (without one on order) and here is Austin Meyer (X-Plane author who has one on order).
Did you know you can design a plane in X-Plane? Did you know Cirrus guys used X-Plane? :shock: We got their aircraft file and it is in Version 9 you can run on your home PC or Mac.
Of course I would never get a red one. Red never seems to hold up on cars, boats or planes. :shrug:

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 20:50 

Post Likes: +30
Aircraft: 2008 Bonanza G36
I happen to like the styling. It seems like it it will be the best bang for the buck versus the turbo props. It does not have bad range and it will be faster than the Meridian and Pilatus. It will not have bad payload and range if you only fill four seats. It seems to be a logical transition from a Bonanza.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 22:11 

Post Likes: +13066
Aircraft: PC12NG
I love the Cirrus Jet.

I think it looks great.

I'd rather have a Pilatus but the Pilatus costs a lot more too. For the money that Cirrus Jet is the way to go.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 22:33 

Post Likes: +2660
Aircraft: D50
Diamond does not have financial problems. You maybe confusing them with Thielert, the company who manufactured the engine for the DA42 that recently went bankrupt.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 22:42 

Perhaps...I am just going on word off the street with my Diamond comment.

Chris

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 08:56 

Post Likes: +1434
Company: BeechTalk
Aircraft: 1991 Bonanza A36
At least they have the V-tails goin'. :D

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next