banner
banner

28 Mar 2024, 18:49 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 2880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 192  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Aerostars
PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 06:33 

Post Likes: +887
Aircraft: Aerostar
I’m going with Israel’s advice.

Out of Annual a potential buyer has to deal with the hassle of getting it to a pre-buy or getting a mechanic to the plane and getting a ferry permit to get the plane to somewhere to get an Annual inspection.

Most buyers won’t want the bother and any offers you get are going to reflect the risk and hassle involved.

My advice:

Call either the Flight Shop or AAC about getting a ferry permit and doing an Annual AND selling your plane.

If your plane is in good shape it should sell fairly quickly.

Good luck.

One question…..

Are your sure you want to sell?

Many folks who sell their Aerostars find themselves regretting their decision a year later.

Forrest

Last edited on 18 May 2022, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 08:41 

Post Likes: +1382
Aircraft: C501
Username Protected wrote:

Out of Annual a potential buyer has to deal with the hassle of getting it to a pre-buy or getting a mechanic to the plane and getting a ferry permit to get the plane to somewhere to get an Annual inspection.

Most buys won’t want the bother and any offers you get are going to reflect the risk and hassle involved.

My advice:

Call either the Flight Shop or AAC about getting a ferry permit and doing an Annual AND selling your plane.

Good luck.

One question…..

Many folks who sell their Aerostars find themselves regretting their decision a year later.

Forrest

Same advice from me...at 1800hrs TT and fresh U2A's, that's a top of market aircraft. It should be annualed, flown, squawk free and priced accordingly.

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 10:14 

Post Likes: +226
Aircraft: 1969 Aerostar 600,

Most buyers won’t want the bother and any offers you get are going to reflect the risk and hassle involved.

My advice:

Good luck.

One question…..

Forrest

I have seen that happen a lot.

In addition, inflation is not going away and more than likely will continue a lot longer than anyone has anticipated. (Remember "transitory.") It may slow down, but, I doubt we will see anything we have experienced in the last ten years for years to come. We have basically been on a gravy train and now it's time to pay the piper. All aviation parts have been affected by inflation, supply chain delays and uncertainties just as every other aspect of our lives.

Lycoming has already announced 15% price increases on re-builds, overhauls and new engines. Lead times as I understand them at this point in time are eight months out once an order is placed and more than likely will be longer. I don't believe you can get an overhauled turbo for an Aerostar. Try getting cylinders for IO 540's and see what they tell you.

Long story short, now is the best time ever to get into an Aerostar. It will only get more expensive as time goes on. The market for all aircraft will change, however, it is not going to get less expensive. It will only cost more. Anyone who thinks they are getting a deal will be getting a bad one. Welcome to the new world order.

Get your Aerostar now while you still can.

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 11:27 

Post Likes: +41
Aircraft: C90B, C90A, 940, A*
This - is the feedback I was looking for -

I agree Forrest; I owned this ac after a barn find w 700 or so hrs on it in 2001, owned it for 5 - 6 y and put about 600h on it which allowed me to see a lot of the US. Went through the pain of an astar that had sat for years and getting it up to flying condition. Then got a Cheyenne and KingAir for the business, it flew less, and let it go. But - it made sense again after burning 75gph to go slower, and I tracked it down on a whim.

My flying needs just don’t match with it anymore, I need a really good reason not to just get in the TBM for any trip with less than 5 pax or 100mi. It is no Aerostar - one of the finest pilot aircraft around - but we all know they want and need to be used.

I’ve got a shop with an IA that knows the ac intimately from redoing the pressurization and seals last annual - I can get it annualed and flying fairly easily. Not sure how I’m going to get 40 h on it though, honestly

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 11:31 

I’ve got a shop with an IA that knows the ac intimately from redoing the pressurization and seals last annual - I can get it annualed and flying fairly easily. Not sure how I’m going to get 40 h on it though, honestly

Marty there is both perceived and actual value in having an Aerostar shop do the annual, especially when selling. Get it to AAC, Flight Shop, Juliet Delta Aviation, etc.

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 16:39 

I completely agree, John; but have an in-house group of guys where I'm already paying for the overhead

my strategy would be to complete an annual inspection/return to airworthiness in my own shop, and deliver to the pre-buy shop of the buyer's choice with all known discrepancies addressed and ready for their fine-tooth treatment; and imagine a savvy buyer would want a brand specialty shop to do the inspection. I'd rather do any heavy lift items in-house and have them knocked out and complete. If there is cam galling - I would rather know sooner than later.

Gaining a bit of clarity, thanks

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 17:50 

Post Likes: +340
Aircraft: ISP Eagle II SR22 g2
This - is the feedback I was looking for -

I agree Forrest; I owned this ac after a barn find w 700 or so hrs on it in 2001, owned it for 5 - 6 y and put about 600h on it which allowed me to see a lot of the US. Went through the pain of an astar that had sat for years and getting it up to flying condition. Then got a Cheyenne and KingAir for the business, it flew less, and let it go. But - it made sense again after burning 75gph to go slower, and I tracked it down on a whim.

My flying needs just don’t match with it anymore, I need a really good reason not to just get in the TBM for any trip with less than 5 pax or 100mi. It is no Aerostar - one of the finest pilot aircraft around - but we all know they want and need to be used.

The easiest way to do that seems to be to shift as many of the TBM and King Air trips over to the Aerostar. Even though they might not match the Aerostar mission, and in the short term you’re being inconvenienced and it seems like it makes no sense, in the long run it will make dollars for you by getting the Aerostar sold.

PostPosted: 19 May 2022, 09:02 

Found this in a photo album, thought you guys might like it.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 19 May 2022, 13:39 

Post Likes: +2503
Aircraft: 1969 Bonanza V35A
I wish I had that drawing when I bought my Aerostar. It would have given me a good idea where stuff was!

There is an error in the text for #73.

PostPosted: 19 May 2022, 15:55 

Post Likes: +1154
Aircraft: Piper PA-32R 300
Marty, you definitely seem to be the type of guy that I would buy from. If you do decide to sell, let me know as I am the Admin on an A* page on FB. I'll let you list it there if it helps you.

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin"

PostPosted: 22 May 2022, 21:27 

Marty, you definitely seem to be the type of guy that I would buy from. If you do decide to sell, let me know as I am the Admin on an A* page on FB. I'll let you list it there if it helps you.

So kind, Ron; I will take you up on that!

I've got a few projects ongoing and then A*, give me a coupla months

PostPosted: 23 May 2022, 08:44 

Post Likes: +584
Aircraft: Seabee Aerostar 700
I wish I had that drawing when I bought my Aerostar. It would have given me a good idea where stuff was!

the battery is in that location on my 602P but I know is some other installations it is located behind the baggage compartment and I have heard of it being located in the forward avionics bay for CG reasons.

I love the drawing. thanks for posting it.

PostPosted: 23 May 2022, 10:26 

the battery is in that location on my 602P but I know is some other installations it is located behind the baggage compartment and I have heard of it being located in the forward avionics bay for CG reasons.

I love the drawing. thanks for posting it.

I think Jason is referencing that it says "2 x 24v" batteries when that installation would have been "2 x 12v" batteries in series.

PostPosted: 25 May 2022, 22:16 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +11
Company: Yankee Aviation Services
Aircraft: Aerostar Superstar
In the Aerostar maintenance school they suggest only extending the gear in straight and level flight, the doors are so long that the airflow really puts stress on them.in a bank. We often find cracks in the main Leg doors and this is one of the causes.

PostPosted: 25 May 2022, 22:16 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +11
Company: Yankee Aviation Services
Aircraft: Aerostar Superstar
In the Aerostar maintenance school they suggest only extending the gear in straight and level flight, the doors are so long that the airflow really puts stress on them.in a bank. We often find cracks in the main Leg doors and this is one of the causes.

Reply to topic  [ 2880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 192  Next