banner
banner

28 Mar 2024, 08:55 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 2839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 190  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: The definitive Piaggio P180 Avanti thread.
PostPosted: 12 May 2023, 16:27 

Post Likes: +3728
Aircraft: Piaggio Avanti
Username Protected wrote:
… Textron doesn't make sense due to geography or competing product lines (King Air, Citation) and has a history of removing competing models within their product lines (Citation Mustang, CJ2, Hawker).

Yeah, I’m mostly just passing on a rumor, I suspect it’s not that great of a fit. But it may make sense if providing support made sense.

And it’d add a fuel efficient option to their product line which may be attractive going forward. But… I agree it’s a bit of a stretch.

PostPosted: 24 May 2023, 22:20 

Hey, another longshot, but I have the interior cabinet circled below. It's a massive refreshment center with a hot liquid head thing that folds up, several drawers including an ice bucket, etc.

The parts manual shows it on this page. But I can't find anything in there that breaks out the parts internal to this cabinet. It's got little gas cylinders, connectors, etc.

Anyone have a Piaggio parts detail sheet on this cabinet?

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 25 May 2023, 05:24 

Post Likes: +37
I don't have any additional info other than I have the same cabinet and have been searching for the coffee pot that plugs into that heating element for years.....still haven't located one nor does Piaggio have them.

So if have the pot and don't need or want it. Let me know and I'll buy it from you.

PostPosted: 25 May 2023, 12:54 

Post Likes: +150
Aircraft: PA-28 / C172
Jon,

your interior was produced by Nordam in Tulsa.

I've been told that a CD-ROM, containing the Nordam Interior Maintenance Manual, was part of the documentation package delivered with each A/C. The MM lists all the OEM P/Ns for the sub-assemblies and parts installed. I understand you don't have this CD-ROM.

I believe that, as a legitimate owner of the A/C , you are entitled to have this document. You can try to ask to Piaggio or Nordam...

BTW if you are interested in a specific item P/N I can try to dig out something... Let me know.

PostPosted: 25 May 2023, 13:06 

Post Likes: +187
Aircraft: Cheyenne (58P prior)
Matt have you tried reaching out to MAPCo? They were really helpful in finding the right coffee warmer for my Cheyenne. They seem to make a majority of units that are out there.

Jeff Miller
Midwest Aircraft Products Company (MAPCo)
125 South Mill St
Lexington, OH 44904
419-884-0459
jeff@midwestaircraft.com

PostPosted: 26 May 2023, 08:06 

Post Likes: +1819
What are rules around aircraft interiors? Could you completely custom make a new interior, including seats, for an existing plane?

Piaggio seats are gigantic. Could you buy seats from a Lear, for example, and install them in a Piaggio?

I feel like the interior, cabinets, etc could be slimmed down. Lighten things up and make more space. Some of the newer jet seats seem much more efficiently designed.

PostPosted: 26 May 2023, 12:11 

Jon,

your interior was produced by Nordam in Tulsa.

I've been told that a CD-ROM, containing the Nordam Interior Maintenance Manual, was part of the documentation package delivered with each A/C. The MM lists all the OEM P/Ns for the sub-assemblies and parts installed. I understand you don't have this CD-ROM.

I believe that, as a legitimate owner of the A/C , you are entitled to have this document. You can try to ask to Piaggio or Nordam...

BTW if you are interested in a specific item P/N I can try to dig out something... Let me know.

Hi Daniele,
Thanks very much! This is perfect. I will start trying to find the appropriate Nordam documentation.

If you are able to look it up, the p/n from the Piaggio Illustrated Parts Catalog is 80-909663-801 - REFRESHMENT CABIN INSTL. MID. It's item 140 in the diagram I posted, section 25-20-00 which illustrates the interior pieces for the Option 1 interior. If you find any documentation it would be great! PM me for my email address if there is something to email.

I will also email Piaggio and see what happens.

PostPosted: 26 May 2023, 12:16 

What are rules around aircraft interiors? Could you completely custom make a new interior, including seats, for an existing plane?

Piaggio seats are gigantic. Could you buy seats from a Lear, for example, and install them in a Piaggio?

I feel like the interior, cabinets, etc could be slimmed down. Lighten things up and make more space. Some of the newer jet seats seem much more efficiently designed.

You need a certified STC for this major change.
Then you can upgrade the A/C configuration according to the STC design.
May be expensive for a single A/C...

PostPosted: 26 May 2023, 21:29 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +5519
Aircraft: Turbo Commander 680V

Who could tell the difference? Not even the FAA could.

:stir:

PostPosted: 28 May 2023, 21:29 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +768
Aircraft: Piaggio P180, TTx
Guys have they figured out a fix for the tail crack issue thats occurred in Europe grounding several of the Avantis? I know in talking with Massimo in Italy they were very concerned about its impact and they actually cancelled a sale with me to find out the fix. EASA has already issued some restriction on it and apparently its in the works for the FAA to issue and AD (although that is rumored and not certain). Apparently there are some cracks appearing in the tail truss structure. Any word on this?

PostPosted: 29 May 2023, 12:57 

Post Likes: +65
Aircraft: C525, AC90
How pervasive is it?
I didn’t see any news when I did a rudimentary search.
Other twin turboprops (conquest II tail, Commander spar cap, others) had issues too but eventually the operators—and the market—figured it out.

I can’t see how this helps the sale/transition of the Avanti out of receivership.
Wishing all you owners the best and hope any future AD is reasonable.

p.s. Serial no. 1060, what was the asking price? That one has fresh overhauls and coming out of a Recent D check and 5 year so timing would be good for a new operator.

PostPosted: 29 May 2023, 13:10 

The issue is related to internal corrosion of the horizontal stabilizer structure.
It seems that A/C normally parked outside are probably more prone to suffer from corrosion.

Here is the link to the EASA AD: https://ad.easa.europa.eu/ad/2023-0007.

PostPosted: 29 May 2023, 16:23 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +768
Aircraft: Piaggio P180, TTx
Daniele where pervasive corrosion exists they are calling for replacement of the entire horizontal stabilizer? Does Avanti have plans in place to produce these structures? I shudder to think of the cost, hopefully not many if any will be found to have this issue...

PostPosted: 29 May 2023, 17:19 

Daniele where pervasive corrosion exists they are calling for replacement of the entire horizontal stabilizer? Does Avanti have plans in place to produce these structures? I shudder to think of the cost, hopefully not many if any will be found to have this issue...

The SB 80-0949 requires boroscopic inspection of the horizontal stabilizer.
Piaggio will assess the images and determine the required repair activities on a case by case basis (including replacement of parts, if needed). AFAIK replacement is only required if extreme corrosion is found. In all other cases, periodic inspection will be required to monitor the progress of the corrosion (more corrosion = shorter interval).
In case of prescribed repair, this shall be then applied within a certain amount of time (hopefully enough to allow the production of replacement parts).
The SB is mandatory.

PostPosted: 30 May 2023, 16:34 

Hey fellow P180 owners, someone asked me if a “standard” Lektro tug worked - I.e. fits dual nose wheel, fits under nose and fwd wing ok - and I realized I have not had one used on mine yet, not sure I’ve seen pictures. Pretty sure it does, but can’t swear to it. Anyone have any issues with a classic stand-on style Lektro?

Reply to topic  [ 2839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 190  Next