banner
banner

25 Apr 2024, 08:46 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Greenwich AeroGroup (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 2882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 193  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: The definitive Piaggio P180 Avanti thread.
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020, 10:58 

Post Likes: +2114
Company: FlightRepublic
Aircraft: DA40, C182
Username Protected wrote:

Paging Adam Frisch ... I think we have a new project for you!
:lol:

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2020, 18:01 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +8430
Company: OAA
Aircraft: UMF3, UBF 2, P180 II

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone with deeper pockets and a commitment to GA like Daher will buy them.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2020, 14:29 

Post Likes: +319
Adam, great write up. Love seeing stuff like that. Thanks for sharing (Andy, too!)

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2020, 12:03 

WWW  Profile

I was sent an email from an Italian broker this morning showing how they are using 2 Avantis to transport COVID19 cases. I thought all you Piaggio fans would like to see it:

https://www.orionfly.it/vis_news.php?id=44

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2020, 21:13 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +782
Aircraft: Piaggio P180, TTx
Ok I am going hook, line and sinker for this airplane. After selling my Mustang and having an aborted attempt at purchasing a M2, I have decided to follow Anthonys lead and buy a Avanti 1 and paint, interior and Glass panel it through Stevens Aviation and ICJC.

Run the numbers on Foreflight and Fltpln.com.... they don't lie.

This airplane is truly a 1400 mile no wind range airplane carrying 7 with luggage with IFR reserves. Great stand up cabin to walk around in and a lav you can actually use.

All for less than the cost of a CJ1..... why in the HELL doesn't this airplane TAKE the market?

EVERY owner and service center I have talked to (5 total now) have told me the airplane is not only RELIABLE it is also cheaper to operate than a CJ?

Why is Textron not buying Piaggio for pennies on the dollar? What the hell do you need a DENALI for when this airplane is sitting out there?

Not to mention it is sexy as hell. "Ferrari of the sky" (and yeah I am partial to Ferraris).

Think about it. PT-6 engines the most reliable motor every built. Garmin retrofit to bring it into the 21rst century (except the autopilot unfortunately)., Parker brakes to reduce costs, Hartzell props, etc, etc,

Short of someone driving into it with a truck why the heck would anyone have any worries about Piaggio parts?

What am I missing here?
This reminds me of when I bought my MU2 12 years ago and everyone told me what a death trap it was and I was crazy. Found out that the RUMOR is usually contrary to the TRUTH!

BTW I still love MU2's -

Best

Mark

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2020, 22:00 

Post Likes: +704
Aircraft: Baron B55
Ok I am going hook, line and sinker for this airplane. After selling my Mustang and having an aborted attempt at purchasing a M2, I have decided to follow Anthonys lead and buy a Avanti 1 and paint, interior and Glass panel it through Stevens Aviation and ICJC.

This airplane is truly a 1400 mile no wind range airplane carrying 7 with luggage with IFR reserves. Great stand up cabin to walk around in and a lav you can actually use.

All for less than the cost of a CJ1..... why in the HELL doesn't this airplane TAKE the market?

EVERY owner and service center I have talked to (5 total now) have told me the airplane is not only RELIABLE it is also cheaper to operate than a CJ?

Why is Textron not buying Piaggio for pennies on the dollar? What the hell do you need a DENALI for when this airplane is sitting out there?

Not to mention it is sexy as hell. "Ferrari of the sky" (and yeah I am partial to Ferraris).

Think about it. PT-6 engines the most reliable motor every built. Garmin retrofit to bring it into the 21rst century (except the autopilot unfortunately)., Parker brakes to reduce costs, Hartzell props, etc, etc,

Short of someone driving into it with a truck why the heck would anyone have any worries about Piaggio parts?

What am I missing here?
This reminds me of when I bought my MU2 12 years ago and everyone told me what a death trap it was and I was crazy. Found out that the RUMOR is usually contrary to the TRUTH!

BTW I still love MU2's -

Best

Mark

We’re missing only the pics! Let’s see them!!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2020, 22:38 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +5544
Aircraft: Turbo Commander 680V

What am I missing here?

BTW I still love MU2's -

Best

Mark

That's the spirit, Mark! A man of my own heart!

:thumbup:

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 00:45 

WWW  Profile

What am I missing here?

BTW I still love MU2's -

Best

Mark

We’re missing only the pics! Let’s see them!!

I gotta BUY one first lol!

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 01:17 

Post Likes: +661
How are you getting by without an airplane right now? How are you going to go another 6 months to purchase and upgrade the new bird?

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 10:46 

WWW  Profile

How are you getting by without an airplane right now? How are you going to go another 6 months to purchase and upgrade the new bird?

Guess you missed my thread in Beech Singles "I just bought a brand new G36 Bonanza".

But it will be a while before I enjoy high altitude capabilities and I am already missing it this morning....

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 12:26 

Post Likes: +3811
Aircraft: Piaggio Avanti
What am I missing here?

Short field performance? Fits in a T hangar?

Those are my primary barriers...

Post subject: 1
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 12:53 

WWW  Profile

What am I missing here?

I have my TBM in a large T hangar with 50 opening. So it would work for me!

My initial calls and discussions with listing brokers a few weeks ago told me the market was sooooffffttttt. Now the company is for sale, the world economy is swirling the drain and everyone's locked down. Asset deflation is going to happen in the short term. I'm not quite ready but I think its a great plane and I'm not afraid the maintenance and insurance (which is going to be steep) cost picture because the capex is going to be very attractive. Please Mark, buy quickly!

Post subject: Re: 1
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 13:31 

Post Likes: +3811
Aircraft: Piaggio Avanti

I have my TBM in a large T hangar with 50 opening. So it would work for me!

I have a T with a 54’ opening, but only 44’ deep. Even if it were 48’ deep, which by spec book would be just long enough, I don’t think it’d fit in the wing box area of the T. Not quite clear what min T depth would be but eyeballing looks more than half the length of the plane.

Good point about insurance. And what are the training facilities like? Simulator? Only in-airplane? If the latter, that could be a big problem for insurance right now.

Post subject: Re: 1
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 14:19 

WWW  Profile

[/quote]
I have a T with a 54’ opening, but only 44’ deep. Even if it were 48’ deep, which by spec book would be just long enough, I don’t think it’d fit in the wing box area of the T. Not quite clear what min T depth would be but eyeballing looks more than half the length of the plane.

Good point about insurance. And what are the training facilities like? Simulator? Only in-airplane? If the latter, that could be a big problem for insurance right now.[/quote]

I have two hangars back to back 60' x 100' so no problem there. Flight Safety has a level D sim for the 180 in West Palm with a great training program. Also SimsAir in Houston has an in airplane training program thats shorter if you don't want to spend 2 weeks in PBI.

The insurance quotes I am getting for 1.8MM and 5 MM smooth for me are around 20K year. Not any worse than the M2 was in the new insurance enviro.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 16:36 

Post Likes: +661

Guess you missed my thread in Beech Singles "I just bought a brand new G36 Bonanza".

But it will be a while before I enjoy high altitude capabilities and I am already missing it this morning....

I don’t know how I missed that. Wow, congratulations! Love the hangar!

Reply to topic  [ 2882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 193  Next