banner
banner

25 Apr 2024, 08:13 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Greenwich AeroGroup (banner)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Cirrus SF50
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2019, 19:35 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +23622
Company: Ciholas, Inc
Aircraft: C560V
Username Protected wrote:
I believe you even thought it would never fly, never get certified and nobody would buy it.

Warren, don't lie about what I have said. I can speak for myself so I don't need you fabricating distortions about what I have said.

I've never said it wouldn't fly, wouldn't get certified, and people wouldn't buy it. What I said is that it will be an inferior jet and that putting a second engine on it would change that.

Quote:
People want to fly / ride in jets.

Because jets are quiet, fast, high flying, and safe, a reputation built on decades of twin jet history. The SF50 isn't quiet, or fast, or high flying, and lacks redundancy in thrust and other systems. it is basically a jet in name only, more like a turboprop but with all the jet negatives added on to it. The FAA agrees and ATC treats it like a turboprop since it lacks jet performance.

Quote:
It's hard to deny that the plane is a success.

At this stage in the program, the Eclipse had sold more, delivered more, and also had won the Collier. By that standard, you would have to call it a huge success, too. We now know, of course, it was a financial disaster being sold grossly under cost, and when repriced later to what it cost to make, didn't sell hardly at all.

The SF50 program has clearly not yet made an overall profit. Until it does, it cannot be a success in my view. Time will tell.

Mike C.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2019, 20:01 

Post Likes: +1045
Aircraft: 70 A36TN, Build RV8
Mike - not sure if you are old enough to remember phonograph records. These records were an analog sound storage medium in the form of a flat disc with an inscribed, modulated spiral groove. Sometimes the disc can get damaged, and a stylus following the groove for playback can get re-directed back to the same groove and play the same part of the record over, and over, and over, and over, and over - again, and again, and again, and again, until someone goes to the player and gives it a <bump> to get it moving forward again to hear the rest of the recording.

<bump!!>

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2019, 20:12 

Post Likes: +60
Company: Signature Builders
Aircraft: A36 / Cirrus SR22
Mike - not sure if you are old enough to remember phonograph records. These records were an analog sound storage medium in the form of a flat disc with an inscribed, modulated spiral groove. Sometimes the disc can get damaged, and a stylus following the groove for playback can get re-directed back to the same groove and play the same part of the record over, and over, and over, and over, and over - again, and again, and again, and again, until someone goes to the player and gives it a <bump> to get it moving forward again to hear the rest of the recording.

<bump!!>

Not positive but I don’t think Mike will be buying an SF50? :bang:

Bill Barnard

Keep the rubber side down
SB-KC.NET

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2019, 21:04 

Post Likes: +13066
Aircraft: PC12NG
I've never said it wouldn't fly, wouldn't get certified, and people wouldn't buy it.

Mike C.

Yes you did. That's why this thread hundreds of pages longer than it needs to be. Just own it.

Remember when you said no single engine airplanes would ever be certified above FL250 because the FAA wouldn't allow it? haha.

Remember when you said 2 engine jets are cheaper to build than single engine jets? That was funny too.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2019, 23:42 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +1825
Company: RE/MAX at the Lake
Aircraft: Cirrus SR22
I believe you even thought it would never fly, never get certified and nobody would buy it.

Warren, don't lie about what I have said. I can speak for myself so I don't need you fabricating distortions about what I have said.

I've never said it wouldn't fly, wouldn't get certified, and people wouldn't buy it.

Mike C.

Mike,

Be careful with your language. Calling me a liar is insulting. I don”t appreciate it and will defend my reputation.

You can’t say things like the statements below without leaving the impression that you don’t think the plane won’t fly, get certified and people won’t buy it.
Quote:
“ If the SF50 ever gets to actual deliveries, then the emperor will be shown to have no clothes, and the gig will be up. SEJs are a market fad that is almost over.”

Quote:
SEJs don't make sense for FAA certified personal transport".

Quote:
One could argue it is a territory with a LOT of dead projects, starting all the way back to the 1980s with the Peregrine. I predict Cirrus will simply get their dried out bones deeper into the forest than others.

Quote:
If Cirrus delivers the fifth SF-50 to a customer (to avoid any shenanigans with fake early deliveries, an industry tradition) by Jan 1st, 2018, 3+ years from now and more than 10 years after the program was started, then I will never post again on this forum.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 00:05 

Post Likes: +1740
Aircraft: x23mouse
started here
https://beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 3#p1294983

then the question
Quote:
Have we got a deal? :-)

i doubt a deal was agreed on, if someone claims otherwise (or whatever), it means nothing without verification, or providing the relevant post(s)

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 00:54 

WWW  Profile

Calling me a liar is insulting.

As is other people speaking for me.

Don't do it, then no issue. I'm happy to have you disagree with me, I'm not happy to have tell others what I have said wrongly. Speak to the argument, not the man, tearing me down doesn't progress the debate.

In none of your quotes do I say Cirrus won't get it flying, certified, or delivered. In many quotes I say clearly that Cirrus will get it flying, certified, and delivered, precisely because they aimed to achieved lackluster performance, so whatever false impression you formed should have been cleared up by that.

Mike C.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 05:15 

Post Likes: +1740
Aircraft: x23mouse
I'm not up to speed with the SF50 - what is a G2? Are they RVSM certified now? That is pretty cool.

generation 2
https://cirrusaircraft.com/cirrus-aircr ... ision-jet/

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 10:21 

Post Likes: +13066
Aircraft: PC12NG
Please stick to saying what you think, you lie and deceive when you speak for others.

Mike C.

That's a violation of the Terms of Service.
Quote:
Civility

1. BeechTalk, LLC participatory media (forums, etc.) are designed for the exchange of, and the debating of ideas. Personal attacks ("flaming") are not tolerated. Personal attacks are defined as any attempt to short-circuit the debate by diverting attention to the shortcomings or attributes of the other parties in the debate rather than their arguments. We encourage you to challenge other points of view but please do so in a respectful and thoughtful manner. Think before clicking on the "Submit" button: is this something you'd say in person to a colleague?

2. BeechTalk.com materials are often read by families of members and mixed company of all ages. Explicit, obscene, profane, or vulgar language is not appropriate and BeechTalk, LLC may remove any material containing such language.

3. BeechTalk.com members must avoid posting any of the following content:
a. Salacious material - that is, material and/or pictures that are not appropriate in mixed company;
b. Religious discussion - that which goes beyond a mere indication of faith (i.e. We'll pray for you.);
c. Political discussion - that which is directed toward a particular political party, political individual, likely to lead to divisive political debate and/or controversy, etc. (however, as always, we WILL permit political discussion that is directly on point with aviation issues);
d. Personal attacks; and/or
e. Generally posting in a manner contrary to civility.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 10:30 

Post Likes: +2423
Aircraft: BE-55
I know I’m right, I know I’m right, I’ve gotta be right.....don’t I

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 10:41 

Post Likes: +2423
Aircraft: BE-55
Years and years ago as children we had a certain phrase that comes to mind:

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 11:22 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +8430
Company: OAA
Aircraft: UMF3, UBF 2, P180 II
I don't check this thread very often because it has no real value and whatever the latest page is leaves me disgusted. This thread reminds me of the old "politics" thread which was the designated place people could go to misbehave. Eventually the Jeffs shut it down because it served no good purpose in the context of BT, consistently reduced the unique civility of the forum and caused unending and unnecessary personal rifts. I for one would appreciate their doing the same thing with this thread.

Last edited on 17 Feb 2019, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 11:23 

Post Likes: +21398
Company: Real Estate development
Aircraft: In between
Ladies and gentlemen: let’s treat each other with some degree of respect on here please. We all share enjoying flight; let’s recognize what a gift it is and enjoy it. I left another board when the name calling and lack of respect outweighed the enjoyment of being on there.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2019, 11:56 

WWW  Profile

Ladies and gentlemen: let’s treat each other with some degree of respect on here please. We all share enjoying flight; let’s recognize what a gift it is and enjoy it.

Thank you.

Mike C.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512  Next