Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: FS: Collection of high-end guitars
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2023, 17:13 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +5717
Company: Kokotele Guitar Works
Aircraft: C-182RG, C-172, PA28
I'm helping a friend sell some of his guitar collection, and thought some of you might be interested. He's mostly a basement player with a penchant for unique and expensive guitars, and took very good care of them. These have all had a recent setup, fresh strings, and a cleaning.

I have plenty of detailed high-res photos that I can send by email if you're interested.

Count on $100-175 for UPS ground shipping + insurance. Happy to meet you at an airport near Albany if you want to fly here.

2011 PRS Singlecut HBII 10 top w/OHSC - $3,950

Attachment:
PRS.jpg

Coveted limited edition Singlecut Hollowbody II with a 10 top stained evergreen. This guitar was displayed at NAMM.

Super lightweight and comfortable to play. Has the desirable 57/08TM humbuckers with a piezo bridge and onboard preamp.

This guitar is in excellent condition and looks new at first glance. No fret wear, cracks or deep scratches. Some very light scratches from normal handling. The only knock against this guitar is that there’s some light blushing in the finish on the back of the neck in a couple of spots.

Includes the original hard shell case and case candy and original hang tags.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Wb6VBo_3soo[/youtube]

2015 Gibson Custom Shop ES-339 w/ OHSC - $2,800

Classic semi-hollow tones in a more compact package. Guitar is all original and in excellent condition. Very small amount of playing wear. Includes original Gibson Custom hard shell case and certificate of authenticity.

Attachment:
ES-339.jpg

Taylor T3 semihollow electric guitar - $1,175

Attachment:
Taylor.jpg

Taylor T3 thinline-style electric guitar. Dual Taylor humbuckers and Taylor’s awesome craftsmanship. Beautiful dark transparent black finish on the top (you can see the flame maple in bright light) and ebony finish on the back and sides.

This guitar plays great and the frets are in very good condition. The body has light picking scratches on the front and a couple of scratches on the back and sides. Otherwise it’s in good condition. Original alligator-skin hard shell case has a couple of chips in the covering, but the shell and interior are in excellent condition.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/aAdQQsadRwM[/youtube]

2011 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster - $1,150

Attachment:
Fender.jpg

2011 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster in 3 tone Sunburst. Guitar is in excellent condition and shows only light surface scratches to indicate that it’s been owned and played, but has been very well cared for. Great setup with no fretwear. Neck shows some light flaming on the sides.

-N3 Fender Noiseless pickups
-1 11/16” wide nut
-Comfy C profile
-Locking Fender Tuners
-Microtilt Neck Adjustment
-S1 Switch and No-load tone pot
-Molded Fender ATA-style hardshell case

Sterling Axis Flame Maple w/ gig bag - $300

Attachment:
Sterling.jpg

Sterling Axis in like new condition w/ original Sterling padded gig bag. Played only occasionally and shows no signs of playing wear. Tremolo arm included (I forgot to install it before taking the photos).

Trans Gold color is a dead ringer for the original EVH Music Man signature guitar.

Photos are of the actual guitar for sale.

Specs:
Model: AX3QM
Body Wood: JABON with Qulited Maple Veneer Top
Body Color: Spectrum Blue (SPB), Spectrum (SPR)
Bridge: Fulcrum Tremolo
Pickguard: N/A
Scale: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Neck Radius: 12" (30.5 cm)
Frets: 22 frets, narrow
Neck Width: 1.65" (42mm) at Nut, 2.24" (57mm) at Last Fret
Neck Wood: Hard Maple
Fingerboard: Hard Maple
Fret Markers: Dot Markers
Tuning Machines: Diecast
Truss Rod: Single Action
Neck Attachment: 5 Bolts
Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone
Switching: 5-way Toggle Pickup Selector

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Post subject: Re: FS: Collection of high-end guitars
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2023, 22:40 

Post Likes: +4959
Good luck with the sale.

I am getting a few guitars ready for sale. How do you determine pricing? The "Blue Book" doesn't seem to be all that realistic.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2023, 00:26 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +5717
Company: Kokotele Guitar Works
Aircraft: C-182RG, C-172, PA28
Don, I buy the Vintage Guitar Price Guide every year, which is as close to an authoritative blue book as there is. Reverb.com also has a price guide that will show you actual sales history, which I consider a much more accurate source as long as they have sales data. If there are no sales, their guide makes up a number, and those can be all over the place.

Searching sold items on eBay is a good source too.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2023, 03:07 

Post Likes: +11
this reminds me of a fantastic evening i had with a client/ B55 pilot/but mostly, a dear, dear friend of mine…
i had been working on a new record with him that his son and i were producing together.
he lived a few hours drive away, so i grabbed a C152 and we flew up for the day to work with him.
after we landed he picked us up in his 7-series bmw.(with a fire arm hidden in the dash, of course...)
‘what’s vne in your plane?’ before i could retrieve it he quickly accelerates to well over what we could hope to survive in our little cessna finch… smart ass...

after a great day of writing, arranging and general pre-production we called it a night.
we had a fantastic meal and some fine wine, and were going to turn in.
some of us in the group were still in the mood to hang so we followed him in to his ‘safe room’.
kudos to the architects that pulled this little marvel off, from walking around inside his home many times before i would have never known it could have been hidden there!
inside a powder room behind a fireplace a wall panel somehow opened into a room about ten by twenty.
besides the vintage wells fargo bank safe at one end and about a two foot tall perimeter of ammo drawing the circumference of the space,
the thing that takes your breath away are the some 20 to 30 pre-war martin guitars! wow!
forget the monetary value, can you imagine all the music that passed over these strings?!?!?!

as the rest of my posse sang, smoked, laughed and played above me, i laid down on the floor with a camera and shot the most amazing footage i’ve ever seen at 4 by 3.
tragically, i can’t find this footage… but the memory of this evening will be with me forever.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]