Post subject: FS: ADS-B Guide
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2022, 13:05 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +2
Aircraft: PA-30
Attachment:
Capture cover .PNG
“THE ADS-B GUIDE” IS A GREAT READ

If you still need ADS-B or just want to get the maximum utility from what you have this is the book for you.
"The ADS-B Guide" is a comprehensive 270-page book on all aspects of ADS-B OUT and IN (including FIS-B) and provides authoritative in-depth information on the ADS-B system, equipment selection, installation, and use. A compelling read covering things you have not thought about and not discussed anywhere else.
The available literature, web sites and forums often contain conflicting statements and inaccurate or incomplete advice. This book provides a single dependable factual source which ties all information together in an orderly and easy to understand structure. Although written for the non-technical reader enough technical information has been included to interest the tech savvy reader.

Some subjects covered are listed below but for a detailed list see my web site “ADS-Bman.com”
* 1090 vs UAT
* Aircraft can be purchased today ADS-B legally equipped but which
do not meet Jan 1, 2020 requirements.
* How to check equipment.
* How to obtain from the web the FAA detailed analysis of your Aircraft ADS-B out and how to interpret the results.
* Bottom antenna or Top and Bottom (diversity).
* Gotchas and how to avoid them.
* TIS-B operation and limitations
* FIS-B operation and limitations
* Keeping equipment current with software updates how do you know.

I bring a unique blend of knowledge and experience to the task of explaining ADS-B. I own a Piper Twin Comanche ADS-B UAT OUT and IN equipped since July 2013. I am a retired engineer with an electrical engineering degree from MIT. I volunteer with the FAA on ADS-B issues and am Co-Chair of the committee (RTCA SC-206) responsible for the FIS-B technical document on which the FAA basis the TSO requirements for uplink of weather and notam information .

Book is $15 which includes standard USPS shipping and can be ordered at my web site "ADS-Bman.com"
CHECK IT OUT- MONEY BACK GUARENTE
ADS-Bman.com

I love questions and can be reached at:
John Ferrara
adsbmanjohn@aol.com
Phone 215-493-2249

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Last edited on 20 Feb 2023, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FS: ADS-B Guide
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2022, 14:00 

Post Likes: +10719
Aircraft: 1970 Baron B55
Username Protected wrote:
“THE ADS-B GUIDE” IS A GREAT READ

If you still need ADS-B or just want to get the maximum utility from what you have this is the book for you.
"The ADS-B Guide" is a comprehensive 270-page book on all aspects of ADS-B OUT and IN (including FIS-B) and provides authoritative in-depth information on the ADS-B system, equipment selection, installation, and use. A compelling read covering things you have not thought about and not discussed anywhere else.
The available literature, web sites and forums often contain conflicting statements and inaccurate or incomplete advice. This book provides a single dependable factual source which ties all information together in an orderly and easy to understand structure. Although written for the non-technical reader enough technical information has been included to interest the tech savvy reader.

Some subjects covered are listed below but for a detailed list see my web site “ADS-Bman.com”
* 1090 vs UAT
* Aircraft can be purchased today ADS-B legally equipped but which
do not meet Jan 1, 2020 requirements.
* How to check equipment.
* How to obtain from the web the FAA detailed analysis of your Aircraft ADS-B out and how to interpret the results.
* Bottom antenna or Top and Bottom (diversity).
* Gotchas and how to avoid them.
* TIS-B operation and limitations
* FIS-B operation and limitations
* Keeping equipment current with software updates how do you know.

I bring a unique blend of knowledge and experience to the task of explaining ADS-B. I own a Piper Twin Comanche ADS-B UAT OUT and IN equipped since July 2013. I am a retired engineer with an electrical engineering degree from MIT. I volunteer with the FAA on ADS-B issues and am Co-Chair of the committee (RTCA SC-206) responsible for the FIS-B technical document on which the FAA basis the TSO requirements for uplink of weather and notam information .

Book is $15 which includes standard USPS shipping and can be ordered at my web site "ADS-Bman.com"
CHECK IT OUT- MONEY BACK GUARENTE
ADS-Bman.com

I love questions and can be reached at:
John Ferrara
adsbmanjohn@aol.com
Phone 215-493-2249

I'd be interested in an eBook version.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]