28 Mar 2024, 15:31 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: FS: Hangars Available Late Fall 2021 @ KOMN - Ormond Bea
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2021, 12:16 

Post Likes: +448
Aircraft: F35
wow, 1850 yards of concrete! I bet the batch plant loves ya :)

It's cool to see hangars built, these days seems like they are getting torn down more often.

Good luck with sales

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2021, 02:46 

Post Likes: +1
Aircraft: b55
Username Protected wrote:
The Florida thunder storms aren’t favoring my desired time line to get my CO … but none the less ….. building #1 which is 262 ft X 65 ft, has arrived. From what I see so far, my election to get the epoxy coated structural steel was a great decision. I currently have four ten year old Dean Hangars that just have the primed red iron and it’s already in terrible condition. Granted, Dean is a lower end budget hangar, one would have still expected to get more than ten years of service before needing to sandblast and paint the red iron. This close to the coast, I believe the epoxy coated structural steel will really pay off. The larger of the two hangars which is 392 ft X 65 is scheduled to arrive in 30 days. I currently still have 5 or 6 of the 10 hangars available for purchase or lease. If you need a very nice hangar to store your aircraft in, in the Central Florida area, please reach out to me via PM.

Thanks, Frank

What company makes your hangars?

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2021, 07:32 

Post Likes: +187
Company: Bullard Aviation Services, Inc
Aircraft: 1978 Bonanza A36
The Florida thunder storms aren’t favoring my desired time line to get my CO … but none the less ….. building #1 which is 262 ft X 65 ft, has arrived. From what I see so far, my election to get the epoxy coated structural steel was a great decision. I currently have four ten year old Dean Hangars that just have the primed red iron and it’s already in terrible condition. Granted, Dean is a lower end budget hangar, one would have still expected to get more than ten years of service before needing to sandblast and paint the red iron. This close to the coast, I believe the epoxy coated structural steel will really pay off. The larger of the two hangars which is 392 ft X 65 is scheduled to arrive in 30 days. I currently still have 5 or 6 of the 10 hangars available for purchase or lease. If you need a very nice hangar to store your aircraft in, in the Central Florida area, please reach out to me via PM.

Thanks, Frank

What company makes your hangars?

Varco Pruden is the building manufacturer and Higher Power is the aircraft door manufacturer.

We are currently hanging the hangar doors on the first building.
The electrician is doing his thing.
We got the column pads poured for the larger building about 10 days ago and have the floor pour scheduled for Jan 10th. Meanwhile the plumber is knocking out all of his plumbing.
Material hold ups and shortages have been a major thing, especially on a local level. We need approximately 590 cubic yards of crushed stone to go under the concrete ramp area as a base and to date we have been able to only get about 100 yards of that material.

Who ever thought that in America there would be a shortage on crushed rock or ready mix concrete, not to mention that the concrete for my Jan 10th pour is going to be $12 more per yard than the concrete that we poured in the middle of December. At almost 800 yards, which includes the perimeter footer, that’s an additional $9,600.00.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Post subject: Re: FS: Hangars Available “Soon” @ KOMN - Ormond Beach
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2021, 08:26 

Post Likes: +887
Aircraft: Aerostar
Frank,

The system won’t let me throw a ‘like’ on the original post, so “LIKE”!

Awesome project!

If you decide to build another hanger complex in the vicinity of Norfolk VA (KORF, KPHF, KPVG, KJGG) I will be happy to be a lead buyer or tenant.

Forrest

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2021, 16:46 

Post Likes: +36
I've been watching the progress every time I fly. Excited to see it all come together, wish I was in the market.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 07:39 

All 542 yards of the floor is poured for the second building and the steel is going up.
Building #1 is almost dried in.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 10:04 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +266
Company: Mountain Town Builders, LLC.
Aircraft: 1966 Bonanza V35
I always get a kick out of “red iron” paint, they paint it that color to hide the rust!

Love your thought on an epoxy paint for protection. Little added cost for the benefit in corrosion country. When I sold Behlen buildings I always I always had them use grey primer.

Nice hangars, wish they were being built closer.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 11:43 

Post Likes: +1630
Aircraft: C-120 RV8
I always get a kick out of “red iron” paint, they paint it that color to hide the rust!

It’s true that steel fabricators love “Standard Red”. You should hear some of the behind the scenes conversations when something gets painted gray. Goes something like this:

Company owner: “Why in the F are we painting job xyz gray”?
Project Manager: “Because the specification requires that”.
Owner: “Well those people are F’n idiots”!
Manager: “Ya, I tried to get it changed but they said no”!
Owner (wanders off muttering): F’n idiots! Grey Sucks!

Then for the next year every company employee asks that same PM what color primer he is using every time they pass him in the hall, followed by a big belly laugh!!! :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 12:23 

It’s true that steel fabricators love “Standard Red”. You should hear some of the behind the scenes conversations when something gets painted gray. Goes something like this:

Then for the next year every company employee asks that same PM what color primer he is using every time they pass him in the hall, followed by a big belly laugh!!! :lol:

Our grey epoxy was a fairly substantial up-charge over just red primer.
Our hangar door manufacturer wouldn’t offer and paint, only red primer, so we ordered the grey epoxy to match the other and the GC put it on the frames prior to skinning the doors.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 12:23 

Our grey epoxy was a fairly substantial up-charge over just red primer.
Our hangar door manufacturer wouldn’t offer and paint, only red primer, so we ordered the grey epoxy to match the other and the GC put it on the frames prior to skinning the doors.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 17:22 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +266
Company: Mountain Town Builders, LLC.
Aircraft: 1966 Bonanza V35
Frank,
Check with Behlen Manufacturing, they will paint the frame any color you wish and the upcharge is reasonable considering it is done in the factory. They send the frames through a shot blaster then right into the paint sprayer.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 08:31 

Frank,
Check with Behlen Manufacturing, they will paint the frame any color you wish and the upcharge is reasonable considering it is done in the factory. They send the frames through a shot blaster then right into the paint sprayer.

Thanks Wes, Our building mfg done the same for us, it was the door manufacturer that only offered primer and only red primer. They did get a very good coat of primer on all of the raw metal surfaces though, and due to the size of the doors the doors were all assembled on-site, so there is a good coat of primer between all of the connection points, just no epoxy paint.

Thanks, Frank

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 12:33 

Post Likes: +303
Company: none
Aircraft: 56 BE35 G
Frank although I’m not in the market, I am throughly enjoying your progress posts. Please continue them. Perhaps you could start a Hangar project thread / blog and let us know what you’ve learned during this project. For example, the crushed rock issue. Thanks much, Bob

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 12:34 

Post Likes: +303
Company: none
Aircraft: 56 BE35 G
Frank although I’m not in the market, I am throughly enjoying your progress posts. Please continue them. Perhaps you could start a Hangar project thread / blog and let us know what you’ve learned during this project. For example, the crushed rock issue. Thanks much, Bob

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2022, 09:31 

Bob,
If only time permitted. As the materials availability changes and supply chains get more acclimated to capitalizing and taking full advantage of every opportunity to maximize their profit I am not sure that what is happening this week would even still apply next week.

Frank

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next