28 Mar 2024, 12:25 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: FS: New Yoke Mount Product Launch! $89 (iPad, Garmin, et
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2020, 13:36 

Post Likes: +3
Aircraft: Debonair 35-C33
Nice piece Jason. Did you size the depth of the standoff on your plate specifically for the Mygoflight mount? Is that standoff machined in or removeable?

Thanks.[/quote]

Lee,

Thank you sir! I used a MyGoFlight mount to size the standoff depth on the faceplate. I am familiar with those mounts and that is what I use as well. The standoff is machined in to add rigidity to the part.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2020, 17:17 

Just an update on production progress. Here are the plates that came off the machines today to cover the orders from this morning. The plates will head to anodize this week and will be ready to ship in the next three weeks or less. Thank you for all of the support thus far from BeechTalk members! You guys are great! I should be an authorized MyGoFlight dealer by the end of the day for anybody needing iPad cases or AMPS adapters. I will be selling the MyGoFlight products on the new website once it launches.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2020, 18:11 

Post Likes: +8
Aircraft: 79 A36
I'll take one for the Beechcraft Yoke.
Thanks,
Dean

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2020, 19:03 

Post Likes: +161
Company: Cornerstone Group
Aircraft: B33
I’ll take one Jason. I can pick it up at your shop. Thanks.

Fred

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2020, 23:24 

Post Likes: +85
Aircraft: Duke
Jason I made one of these two years ago for the duke love it, but being I was taking out a clock the power was there already I put in a usb plug so now I need a very short cord to stay charged up. I have no pictures of mine but fits in behind plate very nicely. Looks like yours are very nice quality. Help yourself to the idea if you want.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2020, 23:30 

Username Protected wrote:
Jason I made one of these two years ago for the duke love it, but being I was taking out a clock the power was there already I put in a usb plug so now I need a very short cord to stay charged up. I have no pictures of mine but fits in behind plate very nicely. Looks like yours are very nice quality. Help yourself to the idea if you want.

Lynn,

The universe works in wondrous ways!! Here is what I was looking at when you posted this. I was telling Gary White a few days ago that USB was my next step with the faceplate! You had the idea first and graciously offered the idea as well. You are a kind person! I would love to see your setup!

https://www.truebluepowerusa.com/produc ... rts/ta360/

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2020, 23:51 

I’ll have to see if I can find where I got charger from. It has to be pretty flat there’s not a lot of room in there. But I sure like not having cords hanging. Good luck with your project. I thought it was a good idea too I just didn’t have time to do what you are with it, I think they will sell for any craft with the clock or faceplate in yoke.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 00:14 

I’ll have to see if I can find where I got charger from. It has to be pretty flat there’s not a lot of room in there. But I sure like not having cords hanging. Good luck with your project. I thought it was a good idea too I just didn’t have time to do what you are with it, I think they will sell for any craft with the clock or faceplate in yoke.

Lynn,

I have a few USB charging ports in mind and there is room for them. I will have a prototype very soon and I think the USB charging port just makes sense as a natural progression for the project. Kind of nice ForeFlight just added the timer feature to the ForeFlight application!

Well the next version of the faceplate has just been officially announced!! Any suggestions or feedback are welcome. There is plenty of room on the faceplate below the riser, and I plan to make faceplates with just the USB charging ports as well. I might as well disclose my other plans and capabilities. I have a very nice (read expensive) commercial grade laser engraver and I have access to full scale Cerakote production. With that said, adding laser engraved tail numbers, emergency frequencies, or any text or picture for that matter will be a breeze on these faceplates. With my Cerakote capabilities I can make just about any color faceplate you can imagine. Favorite sports teams colors, easy! Company logo, done! If anybody would like a sneak peak at the new website, please PM me for the link and password. The website is simple and elegant, just like the faceplate in my opinion.

I think there might be a chance that this can turn into something pretty cool that we can all be proud of. But, I am a dreamer! P.S. (and a doer!)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 00:46 

Mine is cut from flat aluminum, so I attached a ram ball mount to it. With the 4” link arm I can get iPad out of way to see lower panel switches and it’s a bit closer for viewing.its not much but every little bit helps as the eyes get older. The rest of me is still young ok!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 00:59 

Mine is cut from flat aluminum, so I attached a ram ball mount to it. With the 4” link arm I can get iPad out of way to see lower panel switches and it’s a bit closer for viewing.its not much but every little bit helps as the eyes get older. The rest of me is still young ok!

Lynn,

If I can ever make it out of this Texas heat and up to your neck of the woods, I would like to offer to buy you a meal or a beverage and if able take a peak at your Duke. I have never seen one in person and they just look like something you need to see at least once in your lifetime!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 21:17 

Always welcome we love pheasant hunting here. Have a mancave with room for guests give me a shout.good ice fishing too! Doors always open extra room in hangar also.KCNB probably could just as well fly duke more fun than looking at it

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 21:36 

Post Likes: +226
Company: Grand Designs Custom A/V
Aircraft: Bonanza B35
Please put me on your order list as well. Contact me with payment instructions I use the Cygnet yoke.
Thanks
John Smathers

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 22:37 

Always welcome we love pheasant hunting here. Have a mancave with room for guests give me a shout.good ice fishing too! Doors always open extra room in hangar also.KCNB probably could just as well fly duke more fun than looking at it

Lynn,

This sounds too good to pass up, and too good to not reciprocate as well! I have an Italian O/U 20 gauge, a Belgium O/U 28 gauge, a Spanish SXS 28 gauge, and an American O/U 16 gauge that do not get enough exercise. I love swinging double guns, even when I miss! If you ever have the urge to come shoot some dove or quail in Texas you now have an open invitation! I do not know if you have heard of a nilgai, but they are delicious and quite fun to hunt on a spot and stalk style adventure or safari style as well. I have a few 375 H&H rifles that do a good job of dispatching them and I would be more than happy to take you on a hunt down at the King Ranch. As far as flying in the Duke with you, well sir I can assure you, I already have a big Texas grin on my face brother!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 22:39 

Please put me on your order list as well. Contact me with payment instructions I use the Cygnet yoke.
Thanks
John Smathers

John,

You are on the list sir! Thank you! Payment instructions will be headed your way once your unit is ready to ship out.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 23:17 

Update on the Cygnet style faceplates.

Here is the first picture of the Cygnet hole spacing on the faceplates. This faceplate has been tumbled and is ready to head to anodize. Almost all of the machine tooling marks are gone, so the anodized finish should look very good.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next