Greenwich AeroGroup

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: FS: Jet-Shades Removable Tinted Window Panels
PostPosted: 21 May 2018, 18:07 

Post Likes: +10
Aircraft: 1972 Baron E55
Username Protected wrote:
I suspect it's because they would need an STC if they were considered permanent. If you forget to remove them the airplane should fly the same.

Maybe so Chad; however I'm sensing it has something to do with the material itself. I've been setting on go for a few weeks now as I would love to add something to keep the sun off my Ipad and help eliminate the ramp heat as well. The last thing I want to do when I land on a hot day is crawl all over the Bonanza to remove the Shades.

Come on Tim, help us out here.

:cheers:[/quote]

I agree 100 percent Bob, if I can leave them in that would be great. Basically it's between getting the G & N inserts for $2900 or these for $1000.

G&N inserts positives are:
Reduce noise and can leave them in all the time.
Look really nice and professional.
Definitely reduces heat at all times.
Increase the resale value a little.

Minus:
Cost $2900, not cheap
Can't remove them for night flying it necessary.
Take 4 hours min to install and have to fly to west or east coast for install.

Sun Shades positives are:
Cost less
Can remove quickly if you are doing a night flight.
Reduce glare, not sure about heat. Do they reduce heat in the air only and not on the ramp ?

Minus:
Don't look as nice as the G&N inserts.
Can't leave them in all the time, apparently.
Don't reduce noise.

I have to say, I think the sun shades are an awesome idea !!! I love companies that some up with something new, makes me really want to support them.

Do I want to risk $1000 trying them out or put that money towards some G & N inserts that I know will be awesome.

That is the decision basically. I think we need some Pireps from some owners of them to help decided.

PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 16:06 

Post Likes: +64
Aircraft: 1966 V35
Bump

Can someone provide a PIREP for these shades?

:cheers:

PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 16:54 

Post Likes: +61
Aircraft: A36
I have a set on order. Will post a PIREP as soon as I get them.

PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 18:03 

Post Likes: +240
Aircraft: F33, 421C
Still don’t have them! Ordered about 3 weeks ago. Maybe this week. Anybody receive an answer about leaving them in? The FL ramp time was why I bought them in the first place. :scratch:

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 10:00 

Aircraft: Baron 58
Hi Everyone,

We are looking to do some test fitting of new panels in Bonanzas next week on Monday and Tuesday. If anyone is in the South Florida (KSUA, KOBE, KPBI, F45, KBCT, KVRB) area and is willing to let us measure/fit panels in their Bonanza (any variant), we would appreciate it and will offer a healthy discount on a set of panels.

Send me a message!

Tim.

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 10:35 

I suspect it's because they would need an STC if they were considered permanent. If you forget to remove them the airplane should fly the same.

Maybe so Chad; however I'm sensing it has something to do with the material itself. I've been setting on go for a few weeks now as I would love to add something to keep the sun off my Ipad and help eliminate the ramp heat as well. The last thing I want to do when I land on a hot day is crawl all over the Bonanza to remove the Shades.

I agree 100 percent Bob, if I can leave them in that would be great. Basically it's between getting the G & N inserts for $2900 or these for $1000.

G&N inserts positives are:
Reduce noise and can leave them in all the time.
Look really nice and professional.
Definitely reduces heat at all times.
Increase the resale value a little.

Minus:
Cost $2900, not cheap
Can't remove them for night flying it necessary.
Take 4 hours min to install and have to fly to west or east coast for install.

Sun Shades positives are:
Cost less
Can remove quickly if you are doing a night flight.
Reduce glare, not sure about heat. Do they reduce heat in the air only and not on the ramp ?

Minus:
Don't look as nice as the G&N inserts.
Can't leave them in all the time, apparently.
Don't reduce noise.

I have to say, I think the sun shades are an awesome idea !!! I love companies that some up with something new, makes me really want to support them.

Do I want to risk $1000 trying them out or put that money towards some G & N inserts that I know will be awesome.

That is the decision basically. I think we need some Pireps from some owners of them to help decided.[/quote]

Hi all.... Just a little comment on a healthy discussion: The Jet Shades will significantly reduce heat. We are working on getting some temp data, but having flown with them, it's actually really surprising how much they cool things down.

Tim.

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 11:33 

Post Likes: +4512
Aircraft: TN550V35b / CE-550
Still don’t have them! Ordered about 3 weeks ago. Maybe this week. Anybody receive an answer about leaving them in? The FL ramp time was why I bought them in the first place. :scratch:

Sounds like they are still in R & D for Bonanzas. Fit is going to be tough considering the wide range of interiors.

Navajo Recurrent/IPC

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 12:32 

Sounds like they are still in R & D for Bonanzas. Fit is going to be tough considering the wide range of interiors.

Hi Guys,

Just an update; we should be producing the Bonanza orders late next week. We are certainly sorry that the lead times have strung out for some of you guys who ordered early, but we are focused on getting the product right. We are also getting inundated with orders which is extending lead times.

So apologies again, but we hope everyone will be seriously impressed when they get their shades.

Tim.

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 16:36 

Tim,
I'm sure Shon and I are not the only ones questioning why the Shades need to be removed on the ramp. If they work in flight so well, what's the harm leaving them in place? Will the lack of air flow or extreme temperatures damage them? I really like this concept, but I'm hesitant to buy your product without more data. What's up, why are you avoiding this question?

Last edited on 31 May 2018, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 21:26 

Post Likes: +1
Aircraft: V35B IO550 Tips
:popcorn:

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 22:09 

Post Likes: +17
Company: STIHL
Aircraft: Bonanza F33A
With a baby and doggie in the back seat I too am trying to decide which product to purchase......

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 07:11 

Post Likes: +388
Company: SkewTLogPro
Aircraft: 1984 Bonanza A36TN
Why not just buy a set of these and a plane cover for when you are parked? I'd bet all sun shades are bad for your windows since your windows will get twice the UV and increased heat. The previous owner of my airplane used the foil sun shades and I'm pretty sure that is what caused my windows to craze. I'm sure these or G&D will do the same thing over time since they trap the UV and heat near the window.

Spend an extra $400 on a plane cover and you will never have to worry about it again. As a bonus your plane will always stay cool and dry when parked outside.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 10:18 

Tim,
I'm sure Shon and I are not the only ones questioning why the Shades need to be removed on the ramp. If they work in flight so well, what's the harm leaving them in place? Will the lack of air flow or extreme temperatures damage them? I really like this concept, but I'm hesitant to buy your product without more data. What's up, why are you avoiding this question?

:cheers:[/quote]

Hey Guys,

So it's not our product we are worried about so much as your windshields! See the post about 2 below this one where someone mentions that leaving the silver reflective inserts in damaged their windshield. So we can't come out and make a blanket statement that it will always be okay to leave these in... If you're leaving your plane parked in the Nevada dessert for 3 months, things might get quite warm in there! But in general, if you leave the silver inserts in, well, ours are less reflective meaning less heat being passed back through your windshield.

We are trying to finalize the fit for Bonanzas and Barons, and as someone has pointed out, it's tough due to all the variants. We will be shipping soon, but if anyone would like to help us with our testing process and is in FL, please send me a message. We will make it worth your while!

Tim.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 10:24 

Post Likes: +113
Aircraft: A36
Why not just buy a set of these and a plane cover for when you are parked? I'd bet all sun shades are bad for your windows since your windows will get twice the UV and increased heat. The previous owner of my airplane used the foil sun shades and I'm pretty sure that is what caused my windows to craze. I'm sure these or G&D will do the same thing over time since they trap the UV and heat near the window.

Spend an extra $400 on a plane cover and you will never have to worry about it again. As a bonus your plane will always stay cool and dry when parked outside.

My plane lives in a hangar. If she sits on the ramp uncovered exposed the sun for a few hours then I’m not that concerned with Jet Shades in place. I would be reluctant to leave the plane exposed full time, but I’ll put the cover on if I leave the plane overnight. The G&D inserts have been used for years.

Tim- if your guy in Dallas wants to test on an ‘85 A36 at Addison I’d be happy to help out.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 10:45 

My plane lives in a hangar. If she sits on the ramp uncovered exposed the sun for a few hours then I’m not that concerned with Jet Shades in place. I would be reluctant to leave the plane exposed full time, but I’ll put the cover on if I leave the plane overnight. The G&D inserts have been used for years.

[/quote]

Tim, do you see any problem with Scott's approach? I'm not talking about days of exposure on the ramp, maybe just a few hours at most while traveling. Like Chad & Scott, I have a cover and always use it on overnight trips.

I'm really looking forward to some PIREPS.

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next