Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: FS: PRICE DROP $84,000 President II Baron
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2022, 14:52 

Post Likes: +2
Aircraft: 1969 182M
Username Protected wrote:
No dog in this hunt, but if you are seriously trying to puzzle this out, from my view it would be:

Your "pre-annual discount" marketing leading into an annual where there is no specific squawk list, and your strange refusal to obtain one or quotes to abate/obtain airworthiness -- and now the quick price drops and public hand-wringing that nobody beat your door down?

It sounds like something catastrophic was discovered at the annual and you want to pass the hot potato. Worse, with your discounting leading into the annual, it sounds like you already knew what would be found and now it has come home to roost -- but you still won't disclose.

So there is smell of an undisclosed "gotcha", a knowing seller, and refusal to get it quoted and described. Yeah that sounds shady af and I think legitimate buyers are not wanting to mess with it.

I have no idea what is actually happening here, but you've marketed this poor plane (thrice?) very strangely and I think it's time to get a non-emotional broker involved to discover, disclose, document, and sell the damn thing for you.

But otherwise good luck with the sale and enjoy Sicily.

I can see your point of view but I think if he was really tying to hide something, he never would have disclosed the initial failed prebuy and let the next person figure it out for himself. I can understand not wanting to play middle man between the shop and a potential buyer on repair estimates that are only a wild guess until they get into the repairs. Hopefully the completed annual will help someone pull the trigger. If I could justify a twin I’d be all over this. Good luck with the sale

Post subject: Re: Withdrawn
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2022, 13:23 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +398
Company: Capella Partners
Aircraft: P35, TW Pacer
Ironically, sold today. As soon as I stopped caring. Low price but whatever…this wasn’t heading anywhere good.

-J

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 15:42 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +3552
Company: AssuredPartners Aerospace Phx.
Aircraft: IAR823, LrJet, 240Z
Username Protected wrote:
Ironically, sold today. As soon as I stopped caring. Low price but whatever…this wasn’t heading anywhere good.

-J

Hey I'm glad to hear this.
Sometimes you just gotta move on and be done with the sunk and sinking cost.

Knowing Jordan as extremely honest and transparent and having discussed the issues on the plane with him earlier in the year, I think the new owner will have a great starting platform.

Tj

C: 602-628-2701

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 16:50 

Post Likes: +1862
Aircraft: C-182, GA-7
+1!! (Like doesn't work on FS)

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2022, 11:01 

WWW  Profile

For those who had an interest in this sordid affair, a post-mortem:

I bought an a55 P2 baron with a cursory pre-buy done by a respected mechanic who knew the seller too well to be impartial. I knew better but went ahead anyway. There are a variety of reasons why, which all boil down to: FOMO, trust in authority, and overestimation of the ease of selling any P2 baron in any condition on BT.

The baron flew me problem-free for 160 some-odd hours over 9 months, including mega cross countries like WY to Boston in a single day. For my main mission of WY-CA, it fell short. I picked up ice at 180 in August. I cancelled dozens of trips. I was bounced around for 4 hours on half the trips I did make. Crossing two mountain ranges just wasn't in the cards on a twice-monthly basis.

As I resolved to sell the baron and buy something pressurized, issues started cropping up. A biased pre-buy killed the first deal. Several issues which didn't affect flight but may have affected my decision to buy would have been picked up by a competent pre-buy when I bought. That was my error. My decision to approach the sale with full transparency, posting the pre-buy report, also backfired terribly as you all saw. My further decision to not annual the plane and try to sell it by reducing price probably took up more time and effort than simply getting the plane annualed and sold as a non-distressed asset.

A professional Brazilian buyer ended up buying the baron off barnstormers of all places. I took a 30% haircut on the value of the plane, placing my valuable multi flying hours at around $250 a pop all-in. I can live with that. I no longer own the baron, but the buyer hasn't been able to coordinate moving it from my hangar. That's a bit of a tricky situation, but there's still 8 days left on the ferry permit for him to sort it out. After that? I'm not sure.

My next plane will have 2 requirements: be mechanically perfect, and have a modern Garmin digital autopilot. It will be pre-bought obnoxiously and I will have no fear of losing to a simpler offer. There are so many planes that could make me happy, since I know I can't afford the pressurized plane I'd need to consistently make WY-CA work. Mooneys, Bos, Barons, Columbias, yada yada. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my pacer and wait for the fat pitch.

Thanks to all those who treated me like more than a POS trying to foist a broken plane off on unsuspecting buyers.

-J

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2022, 19:13 

WWW  Profile

Baron flew away today. Strangely emotional for something I wanted so badly. I'm going to focus on my pacer for a few months but look forward to buying the next traveling plane with a bigger budget in the Spring.

-J

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2022, 07:17 

Post Likes: +2114
Company: FlightRepublic
Aircraft: DA40, C182
Hey Jourdan,
The scenery in the photos you posted looks breathtaking. What a truly stunning place to live and fly.
Cheers
-ad

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2