Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: FS: Dry Lease Pristine Baron in NYC Area
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 11:25 

Post Likes: +12
Aircraft: B55 N212SM
Hi All-

I posted this about 2 years ago and had a great arrangement with 2 gentlemen, who recently upgraded to their own planes. Open to speaking with others. Why buy in this market if you can dry lease a top of the line plane?

I own and fly N212SM, a 1973 B55 currently hangared at KLDJ, just outside Manhattan. I fly purely for recreation about 120-150 hrs per year and the plane certainly could fly more. If you are looking to dry-lease a Baron in the NYC area, please get in touch. I fly almost exclusively on weekends, so people looking for mid-week or business use are ideal.

This is for qualified pilots only- this is NOT a trainer aircraft. You must have at least 50 hours Multi already, or a multi-rating and a good amount of Bonanza/Beechcraft time, or we aren't a fit. Also, not for burger hops- if you have distances to fly and good hours to put on the plane let's talk! After an initial checkout, this is for folks who will use the plane with some regularity- not for people who want to jump in a Baron every 4 months.

Speed is around 177 KTAS LOP at Cruise, 22 GPH or 190 KTAS ROP around 27 GPH cruise
Holds 136 gallons and 1500lb useful load. I have all 6 seats, but typically 2 are removed. 4 Bose, 2 Lightspeed ANR headsets.

She is in my private hangar at LDJ airport, has her own SuperTug for easy in and out.

Aircraft Details:
1973 Beech Baron B55

Highlights of the plane:
10/10 New Paint and Interior
Garmin G500 coupled to recently installed GFC 600 AP
Twin GTN's
JPI EDM 790
Perfectly Balanced Gamis
Digital CIES Fuel Senders & Digital Gauge
FIKI TKS De-Icing
All LED Lights, great night plane
Factory-New First Run IO-470L Engines, BPPP instructor/master CFI remarked "easiest starting and smoothest flying engines I've ever seen in a Baron"

Images & videos here (most are from before the AP upgrade)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I am a 1400 hour pilot, Type rated for Single Pilot in a Citation Mustang, as well as checked out in the TBM. I operate a very professional flight operation and expect anyone using my plane to do the same- she deserves it! You'll find my hangar warm, convenient and amazingly close to the city or other Tri-State areas.

Let me know if you're interested, I can share more pictures and we can discuss. Process to get on my insurance would be a 1-2 hr checkout with my BPPP CFII.

Rate is $425/hr, with discounts for block time purchases.

Thanks,

Mike

Post subject: Re: FS: Dry Lease Pristine Baron in NYC Area
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 16:19 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +398
Company: Capella Partners
Aircraft: P35, TW Pacer
I'm going to write the same thing I did last time Mike posted his baron for rent- he's nuts.

This is the cleanest piston twin I've ever seen, maintained obsessively. I can't run my baron for less than $350 an hour, and I have a third of Mike's Capex in my machine.

This is the deal of the century, and I hope it goes to a few worthy BT'ers.

-J

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 18:43 

Post Likes: +187
Aircraft: Vans RV-6; Archer II
I would agree that this is a great opportunity for a really quality plane without the capex.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2022, 14:03 

Post Likes: +92
Aircraft: F33A
This sounds great except LDJ is a deal killer for me, being in Eastern Queens. No good way to get there without sitting in traffic and pounding the steering wheel for two hours.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2022, 14:38 

Username Protected wrote:
This sounds great except LDJ is a deal killer for me, being in Eastern Queens. No good way to get there without sitting in traffic and pounding the steering wheel for two hours.

I used to have the same issue!

The train from Penn station is 30 min and gets off 3 min from the Linden Airport- give that a try!

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2022, 18:11 

Post Likes: +16
Aircraft: Bonanza M35
$425/hr for a Baron equipped like that? If I lived in the area I'd be all over that.

only 50 hours multi seems a little low, though.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2022, 18:52 

Post Likes: +92
Aircraft: F33A
Username Protected wrote:

I used to have the same issue!

The train from Penn station is 30 min and gets off 3 min from the Linden Airport- give that a try!

Yeah, I attempted that in 2019, this is what I got:
Uber to LIRR :10
Wait for Train :05
Train to Penn. :30
Connection time :15
Train to LDJ :30
Uber to Airport :10

So, assuming all connections are perfectly timed, 1:40. Can’t make that work either.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2022, 19:02 

I hear you... flying in NYC is a labor of love!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2022, 21:12 

Post Likes: +670
Company: Retired
Aircraft: Baron 58
For a dry lease in the NYC area, that is a deal of the century. I live at the opposite end of NY in the aviation wasteland of the USA. For about 80 hours last year the total tab was just a hair under $600 per hour all in, without any financing on a 58 Baron. That number has stuck for the last 3 or 4 years. My gas bill was $129 per hour so that leaves a few bucks on the table. I gotta think that maintenance at KLDJ is over $125 an hour and I can’t imagine what a hangar a costs. I hope someone jumps on this one soon

:thumbup:

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2022, 17:46 

Post Likes: +207
Aircraft: A36
My hangar is right across from Mike’s and I can attest that the plane is beautiful and Mike is a solid dude. I’d be all over this if I didn’t have my own plane to fly, just not convinced I could find enough times to fly the Baron to stay current and safe.

Ken

Post subject: Updated: Dry Lease Pristine Baron in NYC Area
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2022, 13:30 

Hi All-

I am brushing this thread off and re-newing my offer. I've had some great folks use my plane over the last year and recently move on to purchase aircraft of their own.

The Baron is in perfect shape, just had the heater and right prop overhauled, as well as the FIKI TKS system serviced for the winter. As usual, she is based in Linden NJ in a nice private hangar with a strong Tug.

I've gone through the insurance stuff before, and anyone interested should expect to pay between $2500-3000 per year to get on my insurance, assuming decent flight history & multi experience.

Please see original thread below and DM if interested.

Hi All-

I posted this about 2 years ago and had a great arrangement with 2 gentlemen, who recently upgraded to their own planes. Open to speaking with others. Why buy in this market if you can dry lease a top of the line plane?

I own and fly N212SM, a 1973 B55 currently hangared at KLDJ, just outside Manhattan. I fly purely for recreation about 120-150 hrs per year and the plane certainly could fly more. If you are looking to dry-lease a Baron in the NYC area, please get in touch. I fly almost exclusively on weekends, so people looking for mid-week or business use are ideal.

This is for qualified pilots only- this is NOT a trainer aircraft. You must have at least 50 hours Multi already, or a multi-rating and a good amount of Bonanza/Beechcraft time, or we aren't a fit. Also, not for burger hops- if you have distances to fly and good hours to put on the plane let's talk! After an initial checkout, this is for folks who will use the plane with some regularity- not for people who want to jump in a Baron every 4 months.

Speed is around 177 KTAS LOP at Cruise, 22 GPH or 190 KTAS ROP around 27 GPH cruise
Holds 136 gallons and 1500lb useful load. I have all 6 seats, but typically 2 are removed. 4 Bose, 2 Lightspeed ANR headsets.

She is in my private hangar at LDJ airport, has her own SuperTug for easy in and out.

Aircraft Details:
1973 Beech Baron B55

Highlights of the plane:
10/10 New Paint and Interior
Garmin G500 coupled to recently installed GFC 600 AP
Twin GTN's
JPI EDM 790
Perfectly Balanced Gamis
Digital CIES Fuel Senders & Digital Gauge
FIKI TKS De-Icing
All LED Lights, great night plane
Factory-New First Run IO-470L Engines, BPPP instructor/master CFI remarked "easiest starting and smoothest flying engines I've ever seen in a Baron"

Images & videos here (most are from before the AP upgrade)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I am a 1400 hour pilot, Type rated for Single Pilot in a Citation Mustang, as well as checked out in the TBM. I operate a very professional flight operation and expect anyone using my plane to do the same- she deserves it! You'll find my hangar warm, convenient and amazingly close to the city or other Tri-State areas.

Let me know if you're interested, I can share more pictures and we can discuss. Process to get on my insurance would be a 1-2 hr checkout with my BPPP CFII.

Rate is $475/hr, with discounts for block time purchases.

Thanks,

Mike

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2022, 15:40 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +4130
Company: Looking
Aircraft: Baron/Bonanza
If only you were in Tulsa.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2022, 12:19 

Post Likes: +6
Aircraft: Colemill A55 , M20E
Hey sir sent you a message with my email and number, did you get it?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2022, 12:20 

Post Likes: +6
Aircraft: Colemill A55 , M20E
Hey sir sent you a message with my email and number, did you get it?

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]