Greenwich AeroGroup (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: FS: Beechcraft DEBONAIR IO550 auto pilot, tip tanks $65K
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 01:32 

Post Likes: +3
Aircraft: Debonair A33
UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE
THE Ultrasound endoscopic exam of the pancreas shows a normal pancreas! Dr. Wants to redo the ct scan with a special pancreatic protocol just to be sure, but believes that it might have been a misread scan or an artifact in the processing.

Thank you Dear Jesus!
And thank all of you for your kindness.....and your empathy ... and patients.
The interesting part of this experience is the awareness that we are all going to meet that day when life changes. It may be slow and barely noticeable or it may come all at once. In any case...IT COMES!
I wish you all blue skies and tail winds....and hugs from all your children and grandchildren. Ah....grandchildren! There is nothing better than a big hug for PaPa.
God Bless all of you!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 05:52 

Post Likes: +659
Aircraft: B58 A36 C560
Username Protected wrote:
UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE
THE Ultrasound endoscopic exam of the pancreas shows a normal pancreas! Dr. Wants to redo the ct scan with a special pancreatic protocol just to be sure, but believes that it might have been a misread scan or an artifact in the processing.

Thank you Dear Jesus!
The interesting part of this experience is the awareness that we are all going to meet that day when life changes. It may be slow and barely noticeable or it may come all at once. In any case...IT COMES!
I wish you all blue skies and tail winds....and hugs from all your children and grandchildren. Ah....grandchildren! There is nothing better than a big hug for PaPa.
God Bless all of you!

That’s excellent news!! I wish you all the best!

Robert T

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 07:09 

Post Likes: +944
Aircraft: J35, L-19, PT17
Fantastic news. Keep that Deb and keep flying!!!

UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE

Thank you Dear Jesus!
God Bless all of you!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 07:15 

Post Likes: +212
Aircraft: Bonanza ,K35
Very happy news!! A load lifted! Hope you keep the plane and enjoy many more years of good health and flying!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 07:38 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +4702
Company: The French Tradition
Aircraft: 89 A36 TN, 78 Tiger
There are plenty of us who understand. I have been working on airplanes and building complex turbocharged Audi and Mitsubishi engines for 20+ years. No need to assume those of us asking questions don't know what we're talking about.

The issue is that we cannot get STANDARD items that are NORMAL to request and be provided BEFORE traveling 3,000 miles, spending several days of our life to look at something, and hiring someone for a pre-purchase inspection.

This is why it is STANDARD procedure in the day of the internet to digitize your logbooks for sale. This way a potential buyer can simply go through and get the information they need to determine how well the airplane has been maintained.

If I see a logbook with a one-page entry with maybe an air filter changed, oil changed, compressions, and no other maintenance done on an annual for annual after annual for years, with no other work in between, I know those annuals have been pencil whipped. I'm not saying that's the case here at all; I'm saying I've seen that done and there is NO way to "do your homework" without the logbook copies.

My buddy and I bill out at $300 an hour. I'm not giving up nearly $2k a day of income to go look at a plane and not have already done my due diligence on the maintenance history of the aircraft. If someone is unable or unwilling to do that, they can hire a broker or they can have pages of this kind of thing for weeks and not move the plane.

It may be a fantastic plane, but 5 minutes with a phone and texting pictures would solve a lot of people's questions who are PLENTY able to know what to look for.

Some people just don't have the inclination of going through this exercise.
It does not imply foul play.
I bought my Tiger years ago like this. Over the phone, no prebuy. He just put an engine in it, and wanted to sale it. His son did not want to learn to fly.
The guy did not want to deal with it. He was old, rich, a good person, but needed to move on.
The plane is here, here is the price, if you want want it, give me the money and that is it..
I ended up doing a "Post Buy" inspection.
One break line was a little corroded, that was it.... :)
Sometime people are not in the selling business.... They just have other interests.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 08:08 

Post Likes: +9994
Aircraft: C-180, C-195, J-3
Kenneth, very happy you are well. I'm reading this thread for entertainment value only, but, now, I'm confused. The plane is or is not for sale? :scratch:

Jg

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 08:53 

Post Likes: +2062
Aircraft: Lazarus - a B60 Duke

Some people just don't have the inclination of going through this exercise.
It does not imply foul play.
I bought my Tiger years ago like this. Over the phone, no prebuy.

He just put an engine in it, and wanted to sale it.

His son did not want to learn to fly. The guy did not want to deal with it.

He was old, rich, a good person, but needed to move on.
The plane is here, here is the price, if you want want it, give me the money and that is it..
I ended up doing a "Post Buy" inspection.
One break line was a little corroded, that was it.... :)
Sometime people are not in the selling business.... They just have other interests.

Apples and oranges right there.

Very high time engine here thus wanting to see the maintenance history before spending thousands and days of time. Savvy buyers will need information to do their due diligence and only those close by who won't expend huge amounts of time and money will go and look at it. Someone paid a good bit for a pre-buy and didn't take it which was another question mark of wanting the records.

Vs your scenario where one of the biggest question marks was taken care of for you. All the difference in the world as the only question at that point is corrosion for the most part which is much easier to visually ascertain.

In this case it's not so clear cut, which is why, at such a great price in the hottest aviation market any of us have ever seen in our entire lives, it didn't sell.

You're absolutely right - some people don't want to take the time or don't have the time to take. They simply won't sell their plane unless it's at a price you could disassemble it for parts and anything else is gravy. I approach sight-unseen planes as parts only - if it's got a major non-fixable item once you start flying it, can I part it out and break even worst-case scenario? If yes, I'll buy it. If not, I'll pass.

So far with 8 planes purchased in the last 3 years, I'm doing OK with that approach.

Congratulations Ken, has to be a huge load off your back. Hope you enjoy your Deb for many years to come.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 09:58 

Post Likes: +32
Aircraft: V35,PA-32,Swift
UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE

Thank you Dear Jesus!
God Bless all of you!

That's great news Kenneth! I'm so happy for you and your family.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 11:22 

Post Likes: +1052
Aircraft: Bonanza G33
Been watching this thread and am so glad to hear the news Kenneth.
Do. Not. Sell. This. Plane.
At first I was frustrated about all the whining and waffling on a great deal of a plane but now I'm glad no one bought it and you can keep it. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 13:04 

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN.
But yes, I am still going to sell it as I have had these two weeks to think a lot about life.
I had no idea that it was underpriced ...and feel very compelled to sell it as I have offered As that was what I offered
.. Five buyers want it..
Two have offered me $5000 more for it and all the goodies that go with it.
I am sad now to see it go.
I was holding off finishing the deal as I had hoped a local buyer would buy it so I could still see it and maybe also to sell the hangars.
And you are right, I just don't want to do the paper work..
I am very blessed to have these gentlemen be so patient...
But as of now, I am just waiting to shake hands with a new owner.
Waiting for IAs, inspections,visits, and maybe one last hamburger.
Love you guys.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 16:50 

Post Likes: +195
Aircraft: AA5B
Ken,

You need to go in and edit the title to say... OFF Market.... or you will continue to get pinged with PMs on this ad.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2021, 13:03 

Post Likes: +8
UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE

Thank you Dear Jesus!
God Bless all of you!

Fantastic news!!! So happy to hear that, Ken!

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2021, 15:33 

EVEN BETTER NEWS....ABOUT THE DEBONAIR
I have found a lady that works for an IA who will put all the logs in order for those of you that wanted to see them...AND there will be a bore scope of all cylinders done and I am told pictures will be available.
That should remove any of the guesswork.
I should have done this before...I just did not have the ambition to do so.
Kenneth

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2021, 17:22 

Post Likes: +195
Aircraft: AA5B
Sounds like plane is still for sale.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2021, 08:35 

Post Likes: +5923
Company: (student pilot)
Aircraft: 1947 Bonanza 35
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN.
But yes, I am still going to sell it as I have had these two weeks to think a lot about life.
I had no idea that it was underpriced ...and feel very compelled to sell it as I have offered As that was what I offered
.. Five buyers want it..
Two have offered me $5000 more for it and all the goodies that go with it.
I am sad now to see it go.
I was holding off finishing the deal as I had hoped a local buyer would buy it so I could still see it and maybe also to sell the hangars.
And you are right, I just don't want to do the paper work..
I am very blessed to have these gentlemen be so patient...
But as of now, I am just waiting to shake hands with a new owner.
Waiting for IAs, inspections,visits, and maybe one last hamburger.
Love you guys.

I also am Grateful for the Good News Kenneth :clap: I can only imagine what you were going through :eek:

Be Well my Friend :bud:

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next