Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: FS: Beechcraft DEBONAIR IO550 auto pilot, tip tanks $65K
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2021, 09:56 

Post Likes: +1188
Company: MENA, LLC, (Retired Soldier)
Aircraft: Shopping for a Beech
Mr Silva,

I’m sure you are not obfuscating on purpose, but you haven’t answered the important specific questions asked. You have what appears to be or could be a VERY intriguing and fun plane. To get the most out of it, it would be nice to know the answer to certain questions. Those questions are

What is the current useful load? The ability to buy an STC and add 400 lbs is great, but add 400 lbs to what exactly?

What is your usual cruise speed? Not what is your engine speed. While that is indeed useful information - it is not the question asked.

Thank you

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2021, 09:18 

ADSB out? when was last flight?

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2021, 10:06 

Post Likes: +5958
Company: (student pilot)
Aircraft: 1947 Bonanza 35
Username Protected wrote:
Mr Silva,

I’m sure you are not obfuscating on purpose, but you haven’t answered the important specific questions asked. You have what appears to be or could be a VERY intriguing and fun plane. To get the most out of it, it would be nice to know the answer to certain questions. Those questions are

What is the current useful load? The ability to buy an STC and add 400 lbs is great, but add 400 lbs to what exactly?

What is your usual cruise speed? Not what is your engine speed. While that is indeed useful information - it is not the question asked.

Thank you

:coffee: Martin, Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you been watching the Market? :eek:
If this Plane hasn't sold already..........(Beautiful Deb with a 550 :bugeye: ) it will be soon.
It would be nice if Kenneth took the Time to answer these Questions, which have been answered 100s of times before :tape: but I don't think he needs to waste his time answering a single one at this price point :shrug:

Everyone Who's been asking Questions are Probably not ready to Buy :scratch: :duck: Plane is probably under contract :lol: :rofl:

Just my Thoughts..............Good Luck Kenneth :thumbup:

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2021, 16:02 

^^^. honestly surprised it's still here. I wish I was ready to purchase, also wish I was a bit smaller and fit into a Deb easier... :shrug:

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2021, 16:05 

Post Likes: +2088
Aircraft: Lazarus - a B60 Duke
It’s not yet, I chatted with him a couple days ago. An airline buddy of mine is in the market with cash in hand and I am pushing him towards this.

However I’ve asked the seller for 3 things: pictures of last 5 annuals to get a trend of what has been done, how much it flies per year, compressions, etc. Picture of the log entry to determine what year the engine was overhauled and by whom. Contact info of the mechanic who came and did a pre-buy for someone and it didn’t sell.

I suspect it might have something that is giving some people pause for lack of receiving that information despite a lengthy text conversation around the questions 2 days ago.

Is it a deal breaker? To someone it must be given the pre-buy wasn’t consummated. Would it be to someone like me who can help my buddy fix whatever it may need? Maybe, maybe not. If I could get the info I need to steer my friend, he might fly out there before his next trip and take a closer look (he’s based in LA anyway).

Like that 58TC it’s likely still on the market for a reason and it’s not price; the price is excellent IF it’s 100%, engine time notwithstanding.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 14:15 

Post Likes: +4
Aircraft: Debonair A33
Mr Silva,

Thank you

:coffee: Martin, Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you been watching the Market? :eek:
If this Plane hasn't sold already..........(Beautiful Deb with a 550 :bugeye: ) it will be soon.
It would be nice if Kenneth took the Time to answer these Questions, which have been answered 100s of times before :tape: but I don't think he needs to waste his time answering a single one at this price point :shrug:

Everyone Who's been asking Questions are Probably not ready to Buy :scratch: :duck: Plane is probably under contract :lol: :rofl:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 14:17 

Post Likes: +1188
Company: MENA, LLC, (Retired Soldier)
Aircraft: Shopping for a Beech
QED???

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 14:25 

Mr Silva,

Thank you

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 15:08 

Post Likes: +126
Aircraft: ISP Eagle II SR22 g2
Mr Silva,

Thank you

Just my Thoughts..............Good Luck Kenneth :thumbupj[bquote]

It would Literally take less time to answer the u/l and cruise speed question than to repost the above reply.....twice.
But hey, if your objective is to keep the thread going, then it's working!
You're welcome..

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2021, 22:24 

Thank you Sidney for your kind comment.
I would like to Apologize to all the people that are interested in the Debonair.
I should have been prepared with the complete list of all the new parts and STCs and times left before the Spar, mags, etc needed to be inspected again. That is my fault...and I am sorry.
THE REST OF THE STORY.....IS THIS . It was 3 AM in the morning. I had just had a cat scan . The Dr.said he was " concerned about a "spot" on my pancreas. Wow! I know what that means. I could not sleep and decided that I was not going to leave a mess for my family and would have to begin to sell my lifetime of treasures. So at 3 AM I decided to sell the Debonair..the hangar..the fire truck....everything.
I was not prepared to answer all the questions! Non stop....Don't get me wrong , I very much enjoyed the calls and the visits. I loved talking to all of you!!! I think that is part of the fun of owning an airplane....sharing stories! Being a doctor, by law, I must provide an informed consent, and so I have discussed with each of you any concerns I had about the airplane.
I am Digitally challenged, and still use a pad and pen. I originally only posted "Debonair for sale". A "Beechtalker suggested that I post pictures and another suggested that I enhance my title on the ad.. I did not know how to add the photos but I know how to email them. So one beechtalker posted them for me. I thank you all for the comments. I now realize that it is way underpriced. But that is what I said I would sell it for and I will stick to that.
I have seen polished sales packages that list every last detail about their Debonairs but also are asking about $100,000 more than I am selling mine for. I have seen then for $165000.
Here is the bottom line...I hate paper work...I don't want to take pictures of each page of the last 50 years of life of this Debonair. If I wanted a part time job I would go get one! But I can see the value of that information to anyone that is looking for an airplane. I am hoping that a pilot from my home town that knows me and this airplane would buy it and the hangar. I also just assumed that you all knew that I had a wonderful Beechcraft Debonair. That is my bad! A pilot from Ohio sent down Larry Gaines from Stockton to look at the airplane. Any of you in the bonanza society should know Mr. Gaines ...also he is a good friend of Mike Busch. Mr Gaines has assisted in acquiring many airplanes.
After spending the afternoon with the Deb, Mr Gaines called his client and told him that this is a nice airplane. I asked him if he would let me post his comments and he let me video his comments. The bottom line as he stated it was ," This airplane is worth ever dollar you are asking for". ( send me your email and phone number and I will forward Dr. Gaines picture with the President of the Bonanza society end of his airplane which was on the cover....and his comments.
I am still waiting for one local pilot to come and look at it.
If he decides that it is too much plane for him.....I just might add all the documents you all want to see and get it sold.

Larry Gaines' comments https://photos.app.goo.gl/CAFVS3ts82TcZynB6

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2021, 07:12 

Good morning, Ken,

I did appreciate your time texting on the phone. It was nearly 15 minutes of information which was helpful and if, indeed, the airplane is what you say it is and what most of us hope it is, it would be a great deal.

I will say that you have a phone. You know how to text which means you can take a picture and hit send. In fact, taking the airframe and engine log and taking a picture of each page of the last 5 annuals side by side would have taken less time than it did for you to write that post above.

You have several interested parties, including my buddy. He’s seriously sitting on cash, based in L.A., and could come by before he heads to work. BUT... I need to know what he’s looking at.

Thank you for posting the name of the gentleman who came down. I don’t know him personally but I haven’t been involved on that side of the house for long enough to learn all the names in the game.

Sincerely, I’m certain from all of us, we hope your illness is treatable and you have many years left to enjoy aviation, if riding with someone or in your plane should you keep it.

I’m still available for logbook pictures at your convenience.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2021, 21:11 

Company: Retired
Aircraft: BE-33
Ken,
Very nice looking Deb. You seem to have infinite patience with a bunch of folks who may not be too knowledgeable about Debs. I too own a early Deb and it is a wonderful handling airplane. Your price is on target. If someone seriously wants to buy it they will do their homework, show up and look at it up close and in person.

Good luck with the sale and with your health.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2021, 21:34 

Ken,
Very nice looking Deb. You seem to have infinite patience with a bunch of folks who may not be too knowledgeable about Debs. I too own a early Deb and it is a wonderful handling airplane. Your price is on target. If someone seriously wants to buy it they will do their homework, show up and look at it up close and in person.

Good luck with the sale and with your health.

There are plenty of us who understand. I have been working on airplanes and building complex turbocharged Audi and Mitsubishi engines for 20+ years. No need to assume those of us asking questions don't know what we're talking about.

The issue is that we cannot get STANDARD items that are NORMAL to request and be provided BEFORE traveling 3,000 miles, spending several days of our life to look at something, and hiring someone for a pre-purchase inspection.

This is why it is STANDARD procedure in the day of the internet to digitize your logbooks for sale. This way a potential buyer can simply go through and get the information they need to determine how well the airplane has been maintained.

If I see a logbook with a one-page entry with maybe an air filter changed, oil changed, compressions, and no other maintenance done on an annual for annual after annual for years, with no other work in between, I know those annuals have been pencil whipped. I'm not saying that's the case here at all; I'm saying I've seen that done and there is NO way to "do your homework" without the logbook copies.

My buddy and I bill out at $300 an hour. I'm not giving up nearly $2k a day of income to go look at a plane and not have already done my due diligence on the maintenance history of the aircraft. If someone is unable or unwilling to do that, they can hire a broker or they can have pages of this kind of thing for weeks and not move the plane.

It may be a fantastic plane, but 5 minutes with a phone and texting pictures would solve a lot of people's questions who are PLENTY able to know what to look for.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2021, 21:49 

Post Likes: +827
Aircraft: V35
Let’s cut the seller some slack. Note the health issue which prompted the for sale listing. Can you imagine what he is dealing with right now? You can tell this will not be a normal sales process for either buyer or seller.

My advice, whoever wishes to buy this airplane under these circumstances has to make it EASY for the seller, not the other way around.

Somebody is going to travel to see the airplane and cut a great deal in person, Todd Sanderson style. Maybe that has already happened.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2021, 22:05 

Let’s cut the seller some slack. Note the health issue which prompted the for sale listing. Can you imagine what he is dealing with right now? You can tell this will not be a normal sales process for either buyer or seller.

My advice, whoever wishes to buy this airplane under these circumstances has to make it EASY for the seller, not the other way around.

Somebody is going to travel to see the airplane and cut a great deal in person, Todd Sanderson style. Maybe that has already happened.

I understand, and I'm very sympathetic as I wrote above.

He spent 15 minutes texting me last week and wrote that above and posted a video excerpt, but hasn't seen to found the 5 minutes to take logbook pictures.

If my buddy loses out on what could be a great plane, that's what happens, but better than wasting 2-3 days and thousands of dollars just to find out things we could have discovered in the logbooks. Might not be the case at all, but again, in the time he took to write that above, he could have taken pictures of the logs.

Already lost one of my two buddies looking. He just sent me pictures; he and a jetBlue guy went in half and half on a Mooney with a G500 / GTN750 panel. One guy left who's still in the market. I'm actually hoping he'll buy 1/3 of the Cherokee 180 I'm rebuilding the engine on for my son to learn to fly but he likes Beechcraft. Good taste I guess.

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next