20 Feb 2020, 15:40 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Greenwich AeroGroup

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: FS: Considering selling - C55 Baron Aspen ADS-B fresh annual
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2019, 13:51 

Post Likes: +1555
Aircraft: Lazarus - a B60 Duke
Well, we're really looking hard at an Aerostar that's off-market from a friend of a friend with another airline buddy of mine. My wife gets really nasty pressure headaches at cabin altitudes above 5,000' and we'd like a little better range on long-range cruise settings (900nm+).

That would require the sale of the Baron I've been working on and flying for a year. Thought I'd post up here just to see what kind of interest at our price point, basically just what I have in it.

This was the 56TC prototype for Beechcraft that got sold to a tech school that went out of business and someone bought it and got a Standard Airworthiness for it. 5 wing bolts, double the spar carry-throughs, this will probably never have a spar crack and has another 250 or so hours until it's due again. Massive book of documentation, logs only go back to 1971 when it came from Beechcraft.

It had a nose gear collapse on taxi-in 2 years ago. The owner, also on BT, had sold the plane back to the previous owner and took it out for one last spin. On taxi-in grabbed the gear handle of course, but it didn't come up right away. Caught a bump in a taxi way and just unloaded the squat switch enough to unlock the nose and it came right down. Mains did not fold, but it hit both props. Shop repaired the nose area damage and nose strut and dialed out both cranks and flew it. I bought it like that with 60 hours since the incident.

Full de-ice, boots, hot props, alcohol windshield, all function properly. 2004 paint, hangared since in 9+ condition. 2004 leather interior I'd rate at a 7. Currently configured with dual yoke but I have the throwover as well.

1967 C55 - BE95-C55-BAS
6,000 TTAF
800 SMOH Left - 50 Since IRAN with Ram Cam, port & polish cylinders, new lifters, overhauled starter adapter, alternator, overhauled mags, new Slick harness, runs great.
1350 SMOH right - crank dialed .001", clean engine analysis and good power. Lots of newer components, fuel system, etc with only 150 hours on them.
400 SMOH engine also included, currently undergoing IRAN to replace the right engine. New fuel controller, overhauled mags, overhauled starter adapter, new engine baffling, way too much to mention.
GAMI injectors, Shadin, Insight G4 with all the trimmings, oil press, temp, etc.
Reiff Engine Preheater, works well
3 blade heated props 600 SPOH both sides (just put on at annual, don't have pics yet).
Aspen Pro 1000
G530w - ADS-B source with Trig TT31 transponder
KX-155 w/GS
C3 autopilot with electric trim, functions perfectly
Large baggage door
Electric door seal not affected by AD.
136 Gal usable, simple fuel system, zero switching tanks, just fill and fly.
Built-in 6-Place Oxygen system
6-Place Intercom with Bluetooth
5th & 6th seats
C&D Heater ignition - 100 hr heater maintenance completed this week at annual, thermostat switch re-rigged.

Annual in progress, I'm going to finish it up with them and pick it up tomorrow.
All outstanding squawks dealt with during annual, and I'll have pictures of all the floorboards and such up for annual, panels open, etc. It was a thorough annual, probably going to be about $8k with new tires, I'll have to make a full list. Includes hopefully fixing the DME unit with a new antenna lead, all new antenna leads for the Nav/Com's to clear up some not-so-great reception on Comm 1, new main tires, and re-rigging the flight controls.

In the last few years she's had two new fuel bladders, LED lights, anything that was broken was fixed, gotta love a corporate owner.

N2724T on Flightaware, I get 202-205 KTAS at 30gph ROP or 187 KTAS at 26gph LOP at 9,000', just finishing the GAMI dial in with JP.

We have $105k in her so that's what we're asking. Due to interest, price is firm. Again, this comes with another engine core already torn down for inspection, new starter adapter, new fuel controller, rebuilt mags, etc.

You'll have to pay for the IRAN with Aerotec if you want to finish it up, estimated cost $15k due to some cylinder work it needed.

I'll be flying her until we sell her so times will increase accordingly.

Rich - 615-210-5046

Last edited on 25 Oct 2019, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FS: Considering selling - C55 Baron Aspen ADS-B fresh an
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 21:01 

Post Likes: +414
Aircraft: Baron B55
Rich, I think at that price point you'd be very competitive. I've been looking at short bodied Barons (and some other light twins) as I may need (and want) something faster with two spinning things if I land a contract I am hoping to land. So I have been shopping and I think the numbers you referred to make your Baron fairly competitively priced against similarly equipped ones for sale...

Good luck with whatever you decide.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 21:07 

Username Protected wrote:
Rich, I think at that price point you'd be very competitive. I've been looking at short bodied Barons (and some other light twins) as I may need (and want) something faster with two spinning things if I land a contract I am hoping to land. So I have been shopping and I think the numbers you referred to make your Baron fairly competitively priced against similarly equipped ones for sale...

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks,

I have been pleasantly surprised that quite a few people have contacted me, and 3 of them are cash buyers wanting to come see the airplane "now", which is in extensive annual fixing every squawk I found the last year, plus conversion to 3 blade props.

I was in the shop today helping with avionics wiring (converting the non-GS KX-155 #2 Nav/Com to Glideslope and putting all new antenna Coax in) and it just kind of hurts to put this much work into her just to sell her but...

Then I helped the mechanic run up a C421 that has been sitting for a few weeks because the owner's airport is closed for runway construction and their pilot moved on to other pastures. That cabin class twin sure is nice and man that Duke is a hard bargain to beat. Fuel cost notwithstanding and not a massive increase in speed.

Decisions, decisions. It's good to have options, but it's bad to have the temptation. Ha! We shall see. Thanks for the kind words, we'll see where we end up.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 21:31 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +4783
Aircraft: 1962 Twin Bonanza
Beauty! :thumbup:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 21:36 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +430
Company: Progress Technical. LLC
Aircraft: B-55
Yea, very nice and nice price point. Good luck.

--paul

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2019, 10:52 

Post Likes: +2055
Aircraft: V35, AG5B, and G550
Empty weight and CG?

Thanks,

-E

G550 Contract Captain
'66 V35 Bo and '92 AG5B

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2019, 12:21 

Username Protected wrote:
Empty weight and CG?

Thanks,

-E

Right now it's pending inspection, lots of PM's and calls, but 3 people have requested to look at it with cash in hand and I'm going in order of those who contacted me.

Perfect time for an inspection. EVERY access panel is open, floorboard is up, cowlings are off, heck part of the ceiling and side walls are down running new Coax to the antennas to replace the factory non-shielded stuff, dash is apart for Aspen install.

Pre-buy where someone else has done most of the work for you. Come up, verify the compressions, eyeball everything, look at the logs, then test fly when she's back together in a week or so with the new Aspen.

All this work... must be losing my mind. But my wife is on board, those last two trips with the cabin up at 10,000' and the pain she had have put us in a position of either stay low with lower TAS or higher fuel burns or go pressurized or no airplane.

:sad:

By the way, books aren't here but I want to say it has a ~1,650 useful load, 136 gal usable fuel, and an excellent CG.

The trip we took to the islands a couple months ago was full fuel, 4 adults, and every bag we could fit in the plane. The back was full to the ceiling. Carefully weighed and sorted for CG (heavier stuff in the nose) and we were within 50 pounds of max gross T/O, max zero fuel, and just a little forward of aft CG the entire flight.

I do have the 5/6 seats but we take them out most of the time.

By the way, price is firm at this time. Too much interest and I've had a couple dealers contact me saying I priced it about $20k under market.

$105,000 and comes with the other engine core as described ready to be rebuilt and lots of new parts with it. The option for us to do the IRAN and finish it is no longer offered, as we have identified the plane we want and we'd like to move forward on it.

Ad edited accordingly, thanks!

:thumbup:

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]