banner
banner

19 Mar 2024, 07:51 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Aviation Fabricators (Top Banner)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: HOW DO I POST? NEW Minimum Requirements (Unlocked)
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 07:57 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +2547
Company: BeechTalk
Our apologies for the stream of consciousness moderating on this, but we're changing things up again :D The previous 25 post rule to post in Peddler Talk was a good start, but a number of users accurately pointed out its flaws, so we went back to the drawing board.

There have been two problems pop up recently on the Peddler Talk forums:

1. Scammers who register only to post ads in an effort to defraud BeechTalk users
2. Legitimate sellers who register on BeechTalk only to sell things, but never contribute in any way to the forum community

We believe our new solution should fix both of these issues.

From this point forward, in order to post an ad in the Peddler Talk forums, you must be an active user of BeechTalk.

How does one become an active user?

By doing all the things people do on forums... posting, reading, and engaging in all the ways possible within this community.

We're not going to give away the secret sauce, but suffice to say that it's very easy under these new rules to be considered "active", but not so easy that one can do it in an hour (or even a day). It will take legitimate effort, or hopefully, a real desire to fit in here and contribute to this community.

How do you know if you're an active user?

The "New Topic" button will appear for you in the Peddler Talk section. If it's not there, the board doesn't consider you active enough (yet ;)).

What if I can't make time to be an active member?

If you're a legitimate seller and you don't want to make the effort to be an active member, we have another solution. You can support this forum another way: by paying $50 to post your Peddler Talk ad. Once payment is received, you will receive immediate access to Peddler Talk forums for you to post a personal ad. Please email us at the Contact link in the red bar above to receive instructions for payment of the $50.

Please note that commercial and/or brokered sales must still be made by BeechTalk Sponsors--if you're interested in Sponsorship, please see the Advertise link in the red bar above.

We hope this will clear up the recent confusion over this issue, and thanks for your patience while we sorted things out.

:thumbup:

The Jeffs

Post subject: Re: NEW Minimum Requirements to Post in Peddler Talk (Unlock
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 08:40 

Post Likes: +3197
Aircraft: C55, PC-12
Jeff/s,

Well done! Thanks for being a great leader of a great site.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 09:33 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +23557
Company: Ciholas, Inc
Aircraft: C560V
Username Protected wrote:
The "New Post" button will appear for you...

I presume you mean "New Topic".

Can "inactive" users "Add Reply" to a thread that already exists? If so, that provides a loop hole where they can add their new listing on the back end of a similar listing even if they are not yet "active".

Mike C.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 10:34 

Post Likes: +1433
Company: BeechTalk
Aircraft: 1991 Bonanza A36
The "New Post" button will appear for you...

I presume you mean "New Topic".
Fixed. :)

Quote:
Can "inactive" users "Add Reply" to a thread that already exists? If so, that provides a loop hole where they can add their new listing on the back end of a similar listing even if they are not yet "active".
Technically, a new user can reply to a thread in Peddler Talk. We believe this is important to facilitate sale of the item--new users are often not comfortable/familiar with the private message system, so we try to keep it as simple as possible.

If a new user tries to add their listing on the back end of a similar listing, we trust that someone will click the Flag-Report Abuse button in the lower right corner of the post and we will remove it. We will also contact the new user regarding the same and take appropriate action.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2016, 10:37 

Post Likes: +4285
Aircraft: BE 58
Great idea, and do like the "must have a price"... too.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 15:54 

Post Likes: +19
Aircraft: Looking
I like the new format and I like the must have price function too. Two thumbs way up for BeechTalk.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 16:46 

Aircraft: Piper Archer
Our apologies for the stream of consciousness moderating on this, but we're changing things up again :D The previous 25 post rule to post in Peddler Talk was a good start, but a number of users accurately pointed out its flaws, so we went back to the drawing board.

There have been two problems pop up recently on the Peddler Talk forums:

1. Scammers who register only to post ads in an effort to defraud BeechTalk users
2. Legitimate sellers who register on BeechTalk only to sell things, but never contribute in any way to the forum community

We believe our new solution should fix both of these issues.

From this point forward, in order to post an ad in the Peddler Talk forums, you must be an active user of BeechTalk.

How does one become an active user?

By doing all the things people do on forums... posting, reading, and engaging in all the ways possible within this community.

We're not going to give away the secret sauce, but suffice to say that it's very easy under these new rules to be considered "active", but not so easy that one can do it in an hour (or even a day). It will take legitimate effort, or hopefully, a real desire to fit in here and contribute to this community.

How do you know if you're an active user?

The "New Topic" button will appear for you in the Peddler Talk section. If it's not there, the board doesn't consider you active enough (yet ;)).

What if I can't make time to be an active member?

If you're a legitimate seller and you don't want to make the effort to be an active member, we have another solution. You can support this forum another way: by paying $50 to post your Peddler Talk ad. Once payment is received (with address verification to ward off scammers) we will flip the switch for you to post a personal ad. Please note that commercial and/or brokered sales must still be made by BeechTalk Sponsors--if you're interested in Sponsorship, please see the Advertise link in the red bar above.

We hope this will clear up the recent confusion over this issue, and thanks for your patience while we sorted things out.

:thumbup:

The Jeffs

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2016, 13:08 

Post Likes: +1
I understand and appreciate keeping scammers and unsponsored brokers away. However, I think it is a disservice to the community to prevent private sellers from listing here.

I am a good example as I have browsed the forum for years, often watching for aircraft for sale, but I wouldn't count as an active user.

By allowing private sales you would be providing a service for your active and passive members looking for an aircraft, while also building the community if and when that aircraft is purchased by a member.

And lastly if you sell an airplane here the right thing to do would be to make a monitary contribution whether it is mandatory or not.

Thanks for a great forum and fly safe!

Post subject: Re: HOW DO I POST? NEW Minimum Requirements (Unlocked)
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2016, 10:44 

Post Likes: +6492
Aircraft: OPAs
Jeff/Jeff:

IMO the “active user” feature is great. By the time someone is “active”, most of us have a pretty good idea of an individual’s personality, philosophy, etc.

You’ve done an outstanding job of creating a “community” of users. I’ve made many friends through BT that I’d never have made otherwise.

While we have a “peddler’s talk”, that isn’t, nor should it be, a primary function of the site. It’s a way for the active users of the forum to tell other users that they’ve got something they’d like to sell. “relatively inactive” users can always peruse the ads, and make the phone call if they’d like to buy.

Personally, I think it “pre-screens” the ads somewhat....almost like buying an item from someone in your neighborhood...you know cranky old Mr. Ratchet is a bit cantankerous, but he takes good care of his stuff....or that Young Studly always trades cars every 6 months, and if you are just hanging out when he’s ready to sell, you can get a bargain (that means you, Tom G.....)

stan

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2016, 11:55 

Post Likes: +12377
Aircraft: C182
Quote:
Personally, I think it “pre-screens” the ads somewhat....almost like buying an item from someone in your neighborhood...you know cranky old Mr. Ratchet is a bit cantankerous, but he takes good care of his stuff....or that Young Studly always trades cars every 6 months, and if you are just hanging out when he’s ready to sell, you can get a bargain (that means you, Tom G.....)

Guilty on the frequency of buying planes, but if there ever was a time when I qualified as "studly," those days are out of sight in the rearview mirror. :shrug:

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2016, 13:29 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +1462
Company: Stonehouse Supply,Inc.
Aircraft: Van's RV-14A
Quote:

Guilty on the frequency of buying planes, but if there ever was a time when I qualified as "studly," those days are out of sight in the rearview mirror. :shrug:

I don't know Tom. I think the classic looking 1911 is pretty studley looking, so if you are carrying one..........

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 10:47 

Post Likes: +12
Aircraft: V35A
Thank you

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 16:25 

Aircraft: Beech B55 Baron
Hi, I would like to sell my baron. I am a private individual that is interested in paying $50 to sell my plane. How do I pay
Thank you,
Ray

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 16:46 

Post Likes: +2231
Company: MBG Properties
Aircraft: 1972 Bonanza V35B
Hi, I would like to sell my baron. I am a private individual that is interested in paying $50 to sell my plane. How do I pay
Thank you,
Ray

Is this a joke? :scratch:

Add a few more thousand and hire a broker.

Come fly with me.

My photos: https://photos.google.com/albums

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 17:19 

Post Likes: +1345
Aircraft: M20E/Bell47
Thank you,
Ray

Is this a joke? :scratch:

Add a few more thousand and hire a broker.

Max,

The $50 is an option as outlined by Jeff C. in his original post and seems like a legitimate request.

Ray:I would send a Private Message to Jeffs.

Glenn

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Concorde Battery (banner)