19 Apr 2024, 00:53 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Aviation Fabricators (Top Banner)

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: new member ma/nh looking ffor Bo info
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 06:33 

Post Likes: +28
Aircraft: Formerly 1982 B36TC
Hi. I'm in my second year as a private pilot, 225 hours, working on my instrument rating. I currently have a 1974 Archer. My primary mission is spending fun time with the family, flying within a couple hours or so of our base in Nashua, NH (though We live in northern MA) to places like Martha's Vineyard, Provincetown, Bar Harbor, New York, etc. My secondary mission is 550nm business trips alone or with one pax. And we love going on vacation in the plane.

There are four of us in the family (2 adults, 2 kids). We would love the flexibilty to bring the grandparents along for some of our trips. We're also at the point where we would like more speed and a bit more nonstop range. So I'm here to learn more about the Bo.

Scott

Post subject: Re: new member ma/nh looking ffor Bo info
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 06:42 

Post Likes: +50
Aircraft: 1997 Bonanza A36TN
Hi Scott, and welcome! You are in the right place. I have three suggestions: 1) Read all you can on this site. You'll figure out quickly whose posts to rely on, and whose to take with a grain of salt. 2) Join ABS, as they have a wealth of information on our birds. 3) Look up John Andrick. You can PM him from this site. John is a BPPP instructor from Nashua and an air traffic controller. He would be an excellent contact for your Bonanza transition.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 08:41 

Username Protected wrote:
Hi Scott, and welcome! You are in the right place. I have three suggestions: 1) Read all you can on this site. You'll figure out quickly whose posts to rely on, and whose to take with a grain of salt. 2) Join ABS, as they have a wealth of information on our birds. 3) Look up John Andrick. You can PM him from this site. John is a BPPP instructor from Nashua and an air traffic controller. He would be an excellent contact for your Bonanza transition.

Thanks very much for the welcome and the information!

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 08:49 

Post Likes: +5
Hi Scott and welcome! It's Good to have another NH based pilot on here.

We did our training in Nashua and based our plane there up until last year (now based at KMHT). I second Jon's comments. We used John Andrick for our transition when we bought our A36. Feel free to PM if you would like to meet up and / or talk Bonanzas.
:cheers:

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 09:15 

Post Likes: +10717
Aircraft: 1970 Baron B55
Hi. I'm in my second year as a private pilot, 225 hours, working on my instrument rating. I currently have a 1974 Archer. My primary mission is spending fun time with the family, flying within a couple hours or so of our base in Nashua, NH (though We live in northern MA) to places like Martha's Vineyard, Provincetown, Bar Harbor, New York, etc. My secondary mission is 550nm business trips alone or with one pax. And we love going on vacation in the plane.

There are four of us in the family (2 adults, 2 kids). We would love the flexibilty to bring the grandparents along for some of our trips. We're also at the point where we would like more speed and a bit more nonstop range. So I'm here to learn more about the Bo.

Scott

The first thing to learn is that unless you are truly willing to purchase a Bonanza, don't fly one because you'll never be satisfied with anything less once you do. To that end, you might try to find a FBO in your area that has a A36 for rent or perhaps one of my fellow forum members would be kind enough to set the hook with you in their plane.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 09:48 

Post Likes: +14
Scott-

I either know you, or somebody with your name, born in Texas.

Guessing you were born in the North East?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 13:17 

Scott-

I either know you, or somebody with your name, born in Texas.

Guessing you were born in the North East?

Born in the southeast, but never lived in or near Texas :) Been in the Boston area for about 15 years....

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 13:23 

The first thing to learn is that unless you are truly willing to purchase a Bonanza, don't fly one because you'll never be satisfied with anything less once you do.

That makes it difficult :). My finances will probably handle an upgrade to a Bo in a year, but not before.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 20:07 

Post Likes: +968
Company: SkewTLogPro
Aircraft: 1984 Bonanza A36TN
I currently have a 1974 Archer. My primary mission is spending fun time with the family, flying within a couple hours or so of our base in Nashua, NH

Scott, I owned a 1974 Archer before upgrading to an A36 last summer. You definitely need to take a few rides and I think you will be impressed enough to setup a plan to purchase one when your finances permit. The Archer is a great airplane with low operating costs that's in its sweet spot with trips of 300 NM or less. The Bonanzas are traveling machines that excel in the 300-1300 NM range. It will open up a lot of new options for you, your family and business.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010, 19:12 

WWW  Profile

Company: Cable Publishing

Scott

Hi Scott! I'm the publisher of two Bonanza books, THOSE INCOMPARABLE BONAZAS and THEY CALLED ME MR. BONANZA. The books are often recommended for people wanting to invest in a Bonanza as they cover most of the models. You can check them out in my aviation section at www.cablepublishing.com. Both books are very popular.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 22:17 

Post Likes: +1025
Location: KLWM, Lawrence Municipal, No. Andover, MA and KCQX, Chatham Municipal, Chatham, MA
Aircraft: 1981 A36, 1946 J-3
Hi Scott,

I've got an A-36 based at KLWM, and I'd be happy to take you for a ride. I also highly recommend John Andrick of Nashua. He did my transition training (from a C-172) in 2001, and I've used him every year since for recurrent training, BFR's, IPC's, etc. I like the guy so much I even invited him to fly out to Oshkosh with me this year :D !

PM me if you'd like to come flying with me!

John

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2010, 21:38 

Post Likes: +913
Aircraft: N35+7GCBC floats+ski
Hey Morley,

Missed you in Buffalo

Paul

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 17:50 

Post Likes: +65
Aircraft: V35
Hi Scott. I am fairly new to BT too, and until last January I flew a 1983 Archer which I loved. But when I needed more room, useful weight, and speed, I bought my current V35. I had around 450 hours when I made the switch. I fly all the time between Princeton and Laconia. PM if you'd like a ride sometime. Much as I liked the Archer, there is no comparison. You'll want your IFR rating with this for sure.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]