18 Apr 2024, 15:18 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Aviation Fabricators (Top Banner)

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Heart felt warming
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 23:22 

Company: The Pittstop llc
Aircraft: Bonanza
It is truly amazing for what everyone has done on this site. No words could express how I feel about this extra family that I have just discovered. Everything the pilots have done has helped our family through alot of tears. Jenna gets on here and says "wow, did these people know daddy". Pilots stick together. The first time I found out about Beechtalk was about 2 or 3 in the morning. I was asleep and Mike couldn't sleep so of course he was on the computer. I rolled over and and glanced at the page and it said Beechtalk. In my mind it said Beach Talk so I was worried and asked him about it and he laughed. He would get on here every night before bed just to read all about the info and knowledge that every pilot had. Some of the reports about the accident are wrong. He was in flight for at least 30 to 40 minutes. I witnessed him flying high above the canyons a few times. People in the plane commented that Sun was a issue and I believe he was blinded and could not see the runway. Once you are in that canyon you can't get out. Mike was loved by all. If you didn't love Mike then you where never introduced. Thank you all and safe flying for everyone.
Pam Fritts

Post subject: Re: Heart felt warming
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 11:01 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +1069
Aircraft: Cessna 182S
Username Protected wrote:
It is truly amazing for what everyone has done on this site. No words could express how I feel about this extra family that I have just discovered. Everything the pilots have done has helped our family through alot of tears. Jenna gets on here and says "wow, did these people know daddy". Pilots stick together. The first time I found out about Beechtalk was about 2 or 3 in the morning. I was asleep and Mike couldn't sleep so of course he was on the computer. I rolled over and and glanced at the page and it said Beechtalk. In my mind it said Beach Talk so I was worried and asked him about it and he laughed. He would get on here every night before bed just to read all about the info and knowledge that every pilot had. Some of the reports about the accident are wrong. He was in flight for at least 30 to 40 minutes. I witnessed him flying high above the canyons a few times. People in the plane commented that Sun was a issue and I believe he was blinded and could not see the runway. Once you are in that canyon you can't get out. Mike was loved by all. If you didn't love Mike then you where never introduced. Thank you all and safe flying for everyone.
Pam Fritts

Pam,
Thanks so much for posting. We have all been worried about you and your daughter going through this hard time. You are in our prayers and thoughts.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 11:14 

Post Likes: +14
Aircraft: Piper Archer
Pam,
My wife and I would like to thank you as well for your post and thanks for sharing with us. Your extended family welcomes you and Jenna.
Our prayers and best wishes are with you through these very difficult times.
Jerry and Anne

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 23:20 

Post Likes: +251
Company: Veridian Ltd
Aircraft: Baron - B55
Pam,
Thanks so much for posting....Please know that we are thinking of you and Jenna and keeping you in our prayers. Most of us did not have the privilege of meeting Mike but are confident he was an exceptional man. :angel:
Warmest regards,
Bill

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 23:56 

Post Likes: +48
Aircraft: Bonanza A36
Pam,

It really means a lot to us that you have jumped in and introduced yourself. Thanks for sharing Mike with us. Mike and I are about the same age and I have many Missouri connections as well, in short, his passing feels very personal. I know this really was a tough blow for us all.

Our prayers are with you and yours. May God bless you all.

-MO

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2010, 00:11 

Post Likes: +10508
Aircraft: 182
Pam,
My wife has caught me on Beech Talk late at night as well. Please know that my immediate family has you and Jenna in our thoughts and discussions. I so appreciate your post. Even though I didn't have the chance to meet Mike, alot of us were hit quite hard with your loss as well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us...... you are welcome here anytime.
Mike and Andrea

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2010, 10:36 

Post Likes: +4289
Aircraft: BE 58
Pam,

Thx for posting and nice to hear from you. Our hearts are out to you during this difficult time, and we all wish you and Jenna the best.

Yes, I'm proud to be a part of the fine folks on this list, and even though I never met Mike, he was one of them. He will be missed.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]