04 May 2024, 22:23 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Garmin International (Banner)

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: New Owner A36
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2024, 13:08 

Post Likes: +2
Aircraft: Bonanza A36
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself and my experience purchasing my first aircraft for those who are thinking of doing this. I am based at KPTK and have purchased a Bonanza A36 with TKS and D'Shannon 20 gal tip tanks. I worked with Aircraft Associates, Randy and Nick Africano to assist me with the purchase and were the best decision I make in the process.

Below is my experience both in the purchase and for the past 10 months. Enjoying the life and currently have logged about 75 hours, including a recent trip to FL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I was a kid, I dreamed of owning my own aircraft. I traveled quite extensively for work and the companies that I worked for would not allow personal aircraft to be used for business, so I waited. Finally after years of looking into clubs and partnerships and renting, I made the decision to purchase a Beechcraft A36.

Of course COVID hit. I watched all the ads, received emails and spoke to numerous owners who would tell me that their aircraft was the best ever made and was in perfect condition and I would never find another like it. I flew out to see numerous aircraft to find that they were extremely overpriced and in many cases there were bidding wars over the aircraft. Buyers were purchasing these aircraft sight unseen. I was frustrated and disillusioned in the entire process and due to work, I was just not able to continue to monitor the market hour by hour, or fly out to see planes at a moment’s notice.

Part of my investigation into an aircraft purchase was to evaluate who would be the best resources to help me decide on the aircraft and assist in the purchase. As this was my first aircraft I knew that I needed assistance from and Bonanza expert who could help me with the entire process and advise me.

Final, after talking to numerous people who claimed be experts and assist in the purchase of a Bonanza, I talked to Randy and Nick Africano at Aircraft Associates. It was very clear that Randy and Nick were some of the most knowledgeable people I had run into regarding Bonanzas, and the entire purchase process, ownership and maintenance of a Bonanza. After our initial conversation that lasted probably 1.5 hours I knew that Aircraft Associates was a fantastic fit. Randy did make numerous claims about walking me through the process, their focus on customer satisfaction and assistance during the purchase process and after the purchase processes. To be quite honest I didn’t completely believe everything he told me, be I know he was knowledgeable and I felt he and Nick would find me a great aircraft.

It took a while for them to locate the aircraft, but one day I got a call from Randy and he said “I believe I found the aircraft for you.” Randy had already flow out to see it and we discussed it in great details. It was exactly as they described from our conversation and photos. After a test flight with the owner, I made an offer with Randy’s expert assistance. Aircraft Associates worked with the owner to have the aircraft flow to Kalamazoo Aircraft for the pre-purchase inspection where Randy and Nick met me. The plane passed the inspection with a few items to be resolved and we close the next day without a hitch thanks to Randy and Nick having everything in perfect order.

This is where Aircraft Associates really shined! Randy and Nick went through ALL the log books and aircraft documents and arranges them into 3 custom labeled binders with a picture of the aircraft on the cover and details of what was in each binder. They reviewed how to properly maintain the binders and logs, as this was my first aircraft, and offered to fly the plane to my home airport if I wanted.

Within the first year of ownership, Randy and Nick helped me with a number of upgrades that I intended to perform, providing many resources and suggestion. They gave me a list of things that I would need for my hanger and suggestions on owner maintenance items. I can honestly say that I was really glad that I made the decision to use Aircraft Associates for the purchase and Randy and Nick have provided more value than even Randy touted in our initial conversations, and that is extremely rare and impressive.

And finally, a few weeks ago I received a letter from the State of Michigan that indicated that they felt my aircraft was worth considerably more that I paid and I owed them additional use tax. Go figure. I called Randy to see if he had any suggestions as to how to handle the situation. Randy provided me a wealth of documentation that I sent to the State. Within a day The State sent me an email stating that the documentation was extremely thorough and that the issue was closed and the use tax that I paid was sufficient.

Aircraft Associates, Randy and Nick, were the best choice I made in the aircraft purchase process, ok maybe second, purchasing the A36 was probably the first, but I never would have round the aircraft without Aircraft Associates.

Thank you Randy and Nick!!!

Post subject: Re: New Owner A36
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2024, 14:04 

Post Likes: +2179
Company: Stratz Farms
Aircraft: 1992 Bonanza F33A
I don't know Nick,
I do know Randy and he is indeed 1st class, knowledgable, and honest.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2024, 08:36 

Post Likes: +2
Aircraft: Bonanza A36
Nick is Randy's son who is now part of Aircraft Associates. Both are fantastic to work with and I highly recommend them.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2024, 08:36 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +720
Company: Aircraft Associates LLC
Aircraft: 1979 Bonanza V35B
Purchasing an airplane, especially your first one, is a "life marking" moment and we want all of our customers to enjoy the experience. Nick and I sincerely appreciated seeing your kind words Steve and remain here to assist you always. You've got a beautiful airplane and Nick and I were honored to play a part in getting it for you. Thanks again Steve.

Cell: (309) 208-4581

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2024, 12:00 

Post Likes: +1376
Company: Jeppesen
Aircraft: 1956 Bonanza G35
Steven... pictures where are the pictures?

:D

Welcome aboard and great write-up.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]