Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Joining in from Belgium
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 13:55 

Post Likes: +6
Aircraft: TBD
Hello all,
My name is Seb(astien), brand new BT user from Belgium. :peace:

I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks, what a nice and valuable place.

We have been considering the purchase of an aircraft for a while, an idea which is now gaining momentum.
Types of aircraft being considered are primarily the NA Beech F33/A36 and the Marchetti SF260 or similar. Both aircraft seem to run around the same budget, for purchase and for operating costs.

Both of them have also been praised for outstanding handling qualities.

I have just started my checkout training in a rental 1977 A36, what a nice machine!! I love how solid everything feels. Handflying is amazing. I'm absolutely hooked already.

I'm also trying to get a ride in an SF260, see how much that changes my mind. :scratch: In the meantime I will be hanging out on Beechtalk :D

Post subject: Re: Joining in from Belgium
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2021, 14:09 

Post Likes: +5
Aircraft: Pilatus P3-05
Username Protected wrote:
Hello all,

I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks, what a nice and valuable place.

We have been considering the purchase of an aircraft for a while, an idea which is now gaining momentum.
Types of aircraft being considered are primarily the NA Beech F33/A36 and the Marchetti SF260 or similar. Both aircraft seem to run around the same budget, for purchase and for operating costs.

I have just started my checkout training in a rental 1977 A36, what a nice machine!! I love how solid everything feels. Handflying is amazing. I'm absolutely hooked already.

I'm also trying to get a ride in an SF260, see how much that changes my mind. :scratch: In the meantime I will be hanging out on Beechtalk :D

Hi Seb, I don't think there are that many SF260 around, are there? There is one SF260TP in EBST, but that is an aircraft in a league of its own :bugeye: ....

For the rest it all depends on your mission(s), the time you have and the budget ;-)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2021, 16:27 

Hello all,

Hi Seb, I don't think there are that many SF260 around, are there? There is one SF260TP in EBST, but that is an aircraft in a league of its own :bugeye: ....

For the rest it all depends on your mission(s), the time you have and the budget ;-)

Hehe as said in the other thread I got checked out in the Bo so will do some trips with that one, so far I love it. Flew a few different generation cirri and all the other brands but the Bonanza just feels like so much more airplane than all the others.

Also figuring out if maybe an F33 is an option, because they should be a bit cheaper to buy and insure.

As far as sf260's availability, there always seem to be around 10 for sale around the world, often only for sale on 1 platform. A good number have been built (around 900? or more even)
but it seems like lots of the early examples were destroyed or abandoned.

Looking now for an example to ride in, I might have found someone willing to take me for a paid flight so looking forward to that.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2021, 17:06 

Post Likes: +568
Aircraft: 1981 F33A
Welcome Seb, there are a few SF260 (3 or 4) at Milano Bresso. The airport has a nice club atmosphere and when travel in Europe returns to normal, am sure the local Club can put you in touch with the owners.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2021, 17:25 

Welcome Seb, there are a few SF260 (3 or 4) at Milano Bresso. The airport has a nice club atmosphere and when travel in Europe returns to normal, am sure the local Club can put you in touch with the owners.

Hey Robert thank you for chiming in :)

Thanks for that information, I knew that in northern Italy quite some sf260 are flying and there is at least one aeroclub that still has one, because I was supposed to go there on our roadtrip last summer and make a flight but their airplane was unexpectedly in maintenance.

But certainly that's an option to get a feel for that aircraft over there.

What a beautiful area by the way

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]