28 Mar 2024, 13:12 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Hello from Garmin
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2020, 12:34 

Post Likes: +700
Company: Garmin
Hi everyone, since I made my first post and update all in one thread in the Portable Talk section, I thought I would reference that here as well. I'm looking forward to serving Beechtalk!

https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=189064&p=2770565#p2770565

Best regards,
-Joey Ferreyra
Garmin Sales & Customer Experience Manager

Post subject: Re: Hello from Garmin
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2020, 22:03 

Post Likes: +5264
Aircraft: PA32RT-300T
Joey

What support aspects are you able to cover for the forum? Obviously big ticket items end up on the support calls, but what areas can you discuss on the open forums?

I have a G3X and GFC 500 going in next month, which completes my Garmin stack. (For now).

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2020, 22:51 

Post Likes: +6409
Company: Power/mation
Aircraft: 1963 Debonair B33
I discovered an interesting bug today.

G5 AI
G5 HSI
GMU 11
GAD 29B
GAD 13, 3rd party OAT probe
530W with TAWS, updated from 530 to 530W in 2016
FS210

When going to 530W page to calculate TAS (for cross checking TAS on G5), the CAS field was _ _ _.

If I corrected the indicated altitude and pressed enter, the screen would jump to the last page of the NAV chapter (sat reception page), then jump to second page of NAV chapter with no other action by me.

If I would enter a value in CAS before going back and correcting indicated altitude, it would work fine.

I recall, after the G5 HSI install, that I was seeing some fields on that TAS page filled in, but, not sure.

I will try to video on next flight on Monday.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2020, 23:43 

Post Likes: +620
Aircraft: Conquest
My GTN750 no longer displays state boundaries. Was it something I did?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2020, 18:04 

Post Likes: +80
Aircraft: Baron G58, Vision Je
Username Protected wrote:
Hi everyone, since I made my first post and update all in one thread in the Portable Talk section, I thought I would reference that here as well. I'm looking forward to serving Beechtalk!

https://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=189064&p=2770565#p2770565

Best regards,
-Joey Ferreyra
Garmin Sales & Customer Experience Manager

Looking for a GARMIN G1000 course near Phx AZ? Any options available?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2020, 17:04 

Hi everyone, thank you all for the warm welcome.

Jeff, We've got a capable team that's prepared to help address most anything Garmin Aviation between Trek, Justin and myself. One of us will be able to help. You're really going to love your new panel!

Jim, I'm having a hard time following along, mostly because its been a while since I've spun the knob of a GNS product, so a video would be helpful. Feel free to share that with our support team and they'll get right back to you at aviation.support@garmin.com.

Robert, our Training Team recently announced all of their courses would be conducted virtually through the first half of 2021. So that my be something of interest for you. I do see they are offering some virtual G1000 courses. For more information please visit the training tab of flyGarmin.com. Specifically, the next one takes place on March 4th and 5th.

-Joey

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2020, 17:49 

Post Likes: +2222
Company: Tack Mobile
Aircraft: C441
We have a persistent issue where flight and engine logs seem to only randomly transfer to Garmin Pilot from the Flight Stream 510 in the GTN. We have a G500 TXi and GTN 750 with the Garmin EIS.

In some cases, Garmin Pilot receives all logs with engine logs in the Logbook tab under "Auto Generated Flight Logs" section. In other cases, no flights show up, and in yet other cases only the flight data (no engine data) shows up. I have tried ensuring the iPad stays awake during the flight, shutting down and starting up again and connecting to the FlightStream, turning on "compatibility mode," ensuring all other bluetooth devices are off, and everything else I can think of.

Separately, when connecting back to WiFi and launching Garmin Pilot, I see the small "syncing" text that pops up but it doesn't say what it is actually doing. Sometimes it will upload to flygarmin, sometimes not, sometimes it will crash (I have an iPad Mini 5). When I logon to flyGarmin, the CSV file download sometimes has one file, sometimes multiple, some are partial flights and some are full flights.

Another confusing aspect is it appears there is some logic to clean up data after it is uploaded to flygarmin. While I was trying to groom the auto-generated flight logs myself, some of them disappeared on my iPad (those rows in the table on the iPad removed themselves). This caused some data loss I had to reconstruct using FlightAware, and as far as I can tell is completely undocumented.

We've gone back to using an SD card. I know this isn't the greatest bug report, but everything seems to be such a mess I think anyone who just tried to use it at Garmin would be able to find some things to improve pretty easily. I spoke with Garmin Support, and apparently a ticket was opened on this issue by someone else. Looking forward to the bug fixes with this, it's one of the reasons we made the investment and at current it is unusable.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2020, 18:35 

Post Likes: +6409
Company: Power/mation
Aircraft: 1963 Debonair B33
I discovered an interesting bug today.

G5 AI
G5 HSI
GMU 11
GAD 29B
GAD 13, 3rd party OAT probe
530W with TAWS, updated from 530 to 530W in 2016
FS210

When going to 530W page to calculate TAS (for cross checking TAS on G5), the CAS field was _ _ _.

If I corrected the indicated altitude and pressed enter, the screen would jump to the last page of the NAV chapter (sat reception page), then jump to second page of NAV chapter with no other action by me.

If I would enter a value in CAS before going back and correcting indicated altitude, it would work fine.

I recall, after the G5 HSI install, that I was seeing some fields on that TAS page filled in, but, not sure.

I will try to video on next flight on Monday.

Here is the vid

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Oh80Mr_hTZw[/youtube]

I sent to that email, too.

I don't see this as a saftey issue, just interesting.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2020, 18:37 

Post Likes: +1369
Company: Jeppesen
Aircraft: 1956 Bonanza G35
Welcome Joey and thanks for being so engaged.

Here's a weird request/suggestion, do with it what you will.

Garmin recently released the Descent Mk2i divers computer. As you may know, it's based on the Fenix 6 fitness tracker with a killer diver computer and is intended for everyday wear. I've got one one order at Garmin and am expecting it in mid December due to backorder. (No issues there, it's been wildly successful.)

My request is based on some reports I've read in which the Descent can go into Dive mode when pilots are on descent to landing in GA planes due to the pressure changes. The request is to come up with a flying App for the Descent that displays heart-rate, pulse ox, altitude, compass display and time in local and UTC and doesn't go into dive mode inadvertently.

Thanks for your consideration.

Mark
CFII
PADI Instructor
Customer: SL30/GNS480/GMX200/SL70R/GDL50/Garmin Pilot

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2020, 08:59 

Post Likes: +316
Aircraft: A36TC
We have a persistent issue where flight and engine logs seem to only randomly transfer to Garmin Pilot from the Flight Stream 510 in the GTN. We have a G500 TXi and GTN 750 with the Garmin EIS.

In some cases, Garmin Pilot receives all logs with engine logs in the Logbook tab under "Auto Generated Flight Logs" section. In other cases, no flights show up, and in yet other cases only the flight data (no engine data) shows up. I have tried ensuring the iPad stays awake during the flight, shutting down and starting up again and connecting to the FlightStream, turning on "compatibility mode," ensuring all other bluetooth devices are off, and everything else I can think of.

Separately, when connecting back to WiFi and launching Garmin Pilot, I see the small "syncing" text that pops up but it doesn't say what it is actually doing. Sometimes it will upload to flygarmin, sometimes not, sometimes it will crash (I have an iPad Mini 5). When I logon to flyGarmin, the CSV file download sometimes has one file, sometimes multiple, some are partial flights and some are full flights.

Another confusing aspect is it appears there is some logic to clean up data after it is uploaded to flygarmin. While I was trying to groom the auto-generated flight logs myself, some of them disappeared on my iPad (those rows in the table on the iPad removed themselves). This caused some data loss I had to reconstruct using FlightAware, and as far as I can tell is completely undocumented.

We've gone back to using an SD card. I know this isn't the greatest bug report, but everything seems to be such a mess I think anyone who just tried to use it at Garmin would be able to find some things to improve pretty easily. I spoke with Garmin Support, and apparently a ticket was opened on this issue by someone else. Looking forward to the bug fixes with this, it's one of the reasons we made the investment and at current it is unusable.

Timing is everything. I performed a search for this EXACT same issue and low and behold I see where you just brought this to the Garmin teams attention YESTERDAY. Wow... THANK YOU. I too have a complete Garmin stack with every possible option. 500txi, 750/650txi, remote audio and transponder, EIS, G5 and GFC500 autopilot in my A36TC that I just got back Saturday. I’m having some CHT concerns and tried looking at Garmin Pilot after I flew 3 hours Sunday and 2 hours yesterday, and on my Flygarmin account and like you some garbled flight logs, but zero engine data from the EIS. I was looking for answers to make sure it wasn’t just me or just a setting but based on your experience it sounds like we may be in the same boat together. I’m sure Joey and Trek will get to the bottom of it and hopefully reach out to us.

Trek or Joey, Please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Jamason

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2020, 20:29 

John and Jamason, thank you for sharing your experience. The Garmin Pilot team has this information and will be looking into it. Thank you for your patience.

Jim, thank you for sharing that video and submitting to the support team for additional feedback.

Mark, thank you for the product suggestion. While I'm partial to the D2 series of aviator watches, I understand pilots like you enjoy diving. I'll offer your suggestion to the team for future consideration.

-Joey Ferreyra
Sales & Customer Experience Manager

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2020, 21:22 

Post Likes: +316
Aircraft: A36TC
John and Jamason, thank you for sharing your experience. The Garmin Pilot team has this information and will be looking into it. Thank you for your patience.

Jim, thank you for sharing that video and submitting to the support team for additional feedback.

Mark, thank you for the product suggestion. While I'm partial to the D2 series of aviator watches, I understand pilots like you enjoy diving. I'll offer your suggestion to the team for future consideration.

-Joey Ferreyra

Thanks Joey. We appreciate you all.

Jamason

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2020, 21:22 

Post Likes: +6418
Company: Gallagher Aviation LLC
Aircraft: 1960 Bonanza M35
Welcome Joey! I've always been impressed that the Garmin team members have been active here and conversing with Beechtalkers.

My wish for Christmas is not only a nice Covid vaccine but the GFC 500 STC for my 1960 M-35 Bonanza. I have a nice spot waiting for it in the bottom left hand of the panel. Who knows, maybe I'll throw in a GTN 750 with the install so it can fly my 60 year old airplane right to the runway.

Again, welcome!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2020, 13:01 

John and Jamason, the Garmin Pilot team needs a little more information from each of you to help us continue to make progress. Can you please contact GPFeedback@garmin.com and reference case#18781 in the subject line. Please attach you Garmin Pilot logs by going to Settings --> General --> Aviation Product Support --> Debug Logs --> Send Debug Logs.

-Joey

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2020, 13:08 

Post Likes: +12337
Aircraft: B55 PII,F-1,L-2,OTW,
Welcome Joey,

Is there a portable Garmin device current or anticipated that would display video from a camera?

We are looking for a camera solution that we could put in the wheel well of the Mustang to clear the nose during taxi. The ipad solution is not acceptable, the sunlight readability is unsatisfactory in a canopy airplane.

Doug Rozendaal

Be Nice, Kind, I don't care, be something, just don't be a jerk ;-)

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next