Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Garmin
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2020, 13:16 

Post Likes: +316
Aircraft: A36TC
Username Protected wrote:
John and Jamason, the Garmin Pilot team needs a little more information from each of you to help us continue to make progress. Can you please contact GPFeedback@garmin.com and reference case#18781 in the subject line. Please attach you Garmin Pilot logs by going to Settings --> General --> Aviation Product Support --> Debug Logs --> Send Debug Logs.

-Joey
Sales & Customer Experience Manager

Thanks Joey. Heading to do that for everyone now.

Jamason

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2020, 13:26 

Post Likes: +316
Aircraft: A36TC
John and Jamason, the Garmin Pilot team needs a little more information from each of you to help us continue to make progress. Can you please contact GPFeedback@garmin.com and reference case#18781 in the subject line. Please attach you Garmin Pilot logs by going to Settings --> General --> Aviation Product Support --> Debug Logs --> Send Debug Logs.

-Joey

I just sent the email and Debug logs per your request following your instructions Joey.

Thanks Joey and share my appreciation with the ladies and gentlemen at GP support as well.

Jamason

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2020, 13:52 

Post Likes: +984
Aircraft: Baron C55
Hello Garmin Team!

I have an issue I haven't been able to resolve. I have a 430W and a 530W. Not too long ago the 530 was sent in to Garmin to have the screen replaced. 5 mos later the new screen failed and so the 530 was sent back in and the screen replaced again. A couple of months later the 530 began taking several minutes longer to acquire satellites on startup. Ever since I've had them (8 years) the 530 has always been faster than the 430 by 10 or 15 seconds and both have acquired satellite locks in less than a minute.

Is it possible the battery is going out on the 530? I've noticed the following:

- the long delay in getting a satellite lock only happens if the plane has been sitting for few days. If the plane was flown the previous day it acquires the satellites very quickly.
- when it is slow to find satellites, on startup the satellite page is empty - there are no bar graph outlines for the 12 satellites. It's almost as if it hasn't remembered where it was when it shutdown and so it is start up from scratch. The 430 on the other hand (and the 530 when it's working properly) has most of the 12 satellites showing with border-only bars immediately and it takes only 20-30 seconds for the bars to fill in and the lock to occur.
- when the 530 is starting up slowly, even after it moves off the satellite page to the nav page, the TERR N/A and INTEG warnings remain on for some time.

I do not get a battery warning though.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2020, 15:04 

Post Likes: +2222
Company: Tack Mobile
Aircraft: C441

-Joey

I just sent the email and Debug logs per your request following your instructions Joey.

Thanks Joey and share my appreciation with the ladies and gentlemen at GP support as well.

Jamason

Just sent.

Separate issue, but when viewing the EIS screen in GP, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (when it doesn't, it acts like it isn't connected to the FlightStream). More seriously, it will get into a situation where it will crash, and then when I relaunch it it will then crash again a few seconds later, and gets into a state where I cannot use the app unless I quickly tap off of the EIS screen before it crashes again. I notice the app is using Crashlytics, so I would imagine this would be easy to see in your logs. It may crash a half dozen times before I am quick enough to tap off of the EIS screen. This is not a big issue only because the twin engine layout isn't really useful the way it is now (so I don't often use it), and there is no way to set limits on the gauges manually and there is no preset aircraft for our model. But getting the app into a state where it constantly is crashing, even occasionally, is obviously not a good thing.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2020, 17:08 

Post Likes: +700
Company: Garmin
Hello Garmin Team!

I have an issue I haven't been able to resolve. I have a 430W and a 530W. Not too long ago the 530 was sent in to Garmin to have the screen replaced. 5 mos later the new screen failed and so the 530 was sent back in and the screen replaced again. A couple of months later the 530 began taking several minutes longer to acquire satellites on startup. Ever since I've had them (8 years) the 530 has always been faster than the 430 by 10 or 15 seconds and both have acquired satellite locks in less than a minute.

- the long delay in getting a satellite lock only happens if the plane has been sitting for few days. If the plane was flown the previous day it acquires the satellites very quickly.
- when it is slow to find satellites, on startup the satellite page is empty - there are no bar graph outlines for the 12 satellites. It's almost as if it hasn't remembered where it was when it shutdown and so it is start up from scratch. The 430 on the other hand (and the 530 when it's working properly) has most of the 12 satellites showing with border-only bars immediately and it takes only 20-30 seconds for the bars to fill in and the lock to occur.
- when the 530 is starting up slowly, even after it moves off the satellite page to the nav page, the TERR N/A and INTEG warnings remain on for some time.

Hello James,
I'll be happy to help you. the internal battery on the GNS series units is a lithium 3 volt battery that is soldered to the main board. the symptoms you have described sure sound like a bad battery at this point. with the software in the system it performs a diagnostic on the unit at certain intervals and if the battery voltage is below a certain level you should honestly be seeing a "Battery Low" so I have no explanation on why this is not showing up if it is in fact a low voltage on the battery. but yours sounds as if the battery is completely dead which is why the GPS almanac is having to be downloaded at each power cycle. what I'd recommend you do at this point is the next time your at your Garmin dealer, have them order you a battery and have it waiting, this is an item that can be installed by them in their shop with proper soldering equipment and the maintenance manual. the part number and cost for the battery from our service parts catalog is 360-00009-00 and costs $10 from Garmin.

let us know if there are any other questions,

Trek Lawler
Supervisor, Aviation Field Service Engineering

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2020, 19:23 

Hi Doug, We have some solutions that come close. Our VIRB Ultra 30 can wirelessly stream video to an iPad and even integrates with the Garmin Pilot app, which is actually pretty neat. You can do a split screen between the moving map page and the live video. This article from Sporty's discusses that capability well with a couple of screens of it in action. Though, I appreciate that is not exactly what you’re after. I can share your use case with the team for future consideration. I appreciate the feedback.

Thank you John, the team has also captured this as part of this issue. The Crashalytics ID was included in the logs that you already emailed. So, the team has what we need on this front as well.

Stay tuned.

-Joey Ferreyra

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2020, 20:52 

Post Likes: +821
Aircraft: Cessna A185F
The verb can also stream to the AERA 660?

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2020, 08:28 

Post Likes: +12350
Aircraft: B55 PII,F-1,L-2,OTW,
The verb can also stream to the AERA 660?

Is that true? I didn't think so?

Be Nice, Kind, I don't care, be something, just don't be a jerk ;-)

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2020, 12:36 

Post Likes: +984
Aircraft: Baron C55
Hello Garmin Team!

Hello James,
I'll be happy to help you. the internal battery on the GNS series units is a lithium 3 volt battery that is soldered to the main board. the symptoms you have described sure sound like a bad battery at this point. with the software in the system it performs a diagnostic on the unit at certain intervals and if the battery voltage is below a certain level you should honestly be seeing a "Battery Low" so I have no explanation on why this is not showing up if it is in fact a low voltage on the battery. but yours sounds as if the battery is completely dead which is why the GPS almanac is having to be downloaded at each power cycle. what I'd recommend you do at this point is the next time your at your Garmin dealer, have them order you a battery and have it waiting, this is an item that can be installed by them in their shop with proper soldering equipment and the maintenance manual. the part number and cost for the battery from our service parts catalog is 360-00009-00 and costs $10 from Garmin.

let us know if there are any other questions,

Trek Lawler
Supervisor, Aviation Field Service Engineering

Hey Trek, good to hear from you. Thanks so much, I'll do that!

Jim

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2020, 23:30 

The aera 660 can remotely control the VIRB, to start/stop recording and take a photo. It can not stream the video feed.

-Joey Ferreyra

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2020, 03:04 

Post Likes: +821
Aircraft: Cessna A185F
Sorry for the rabbit hole. I knew the 660 and Virb had some compatibility. I guess not quite enough. That’s why I punctuated with a question mark.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2020, 15:35 

Post Likes: +13
Aircraft: 1992 Bonanza 36
Hello everyone,

I recently installed the G500 TXi w/ EIS and I'm wondering if the selection of Celsius/Fahrenheit is user selectable or only a selection made by the installer?

I'm referring to the CHT, EGT, TIT, CDT, etc. temperatures within the EIS.

Thanks,
Ralph

KFCI

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2020, 16:25 

Post Likes: +2222
Company: Tack Mobile
Aircraft: C441
Hello everyone,

I recently installed the G500 TXi w/ EIS and I'm wondering if the selection of Celsius/Fahrenheit is user selectable or only a selection made by the installer?

I'm referring to the CHT, EGT, TIT, CDT, etc. temperatures within the EIS.

Thanks,
Ralph

I have this setup and can see no way to change this without an unlock card.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2021, 18:06 

Post Likes: +2
Aircraft: 1965 S35
I've got a GTN750xi a GDL88 and FS210. I get communications with flight plans both directions with the iPad but I do not get the ADS-B In from the GDL88 to the iPad running FF. I've explored all the setup pages and utilities etc and no Joy. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2021, 03:55 

Post Likes: +1862
Aircraft: C-182, GA-7
While I haven't needed it, it is great to read the posts from you and Trek!
The school's Cherokee 6 just picked up a G3X touch about 7 months ago and it is an absolute game changer, particularly in the crowded airspace near KHEF and KJYO.

Thanks for your hard work!

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2