19 Apr 2024, 06:19 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Aviation Fabricators (Top Banner)

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Closing on a P Baron
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2019, 13:43 

Post Likes: +17
Aircraft: Baron 58P
I just moved to Tucson and sold my 2004 T182T when I left Illinois. I needed a good cross country platform and decided the P Baron was the ticket. Got my multi rating in October and am now ready to roll. The P Baron has a lot of complexity going on and I'd like to be able to leverage the collected knowledge here in the forum.

I hope to close next week on a 1982 P Baron that the seller has been chasing AP issues on for the last month. Hopefully, flying again next week!!!

Post subject: Re: Closing on a P Baron
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2019, 15:21 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +3602
Company: AssuredPartners Aerospace Phx.
Aircraft: IAR823, LrJet, 240Z
Username Protected wrote:
I just moved to Tucson and sold my 2004 T182T when I left Illinois. I needed a good cross country platform and decided the P Baron was the ticket. Got my multi rating in October and am now ready to roll. The P Baron has a lot of complexity going on and I'd like to be able to leverage the collected knowledge here in the forum.

I hope to close next week on a 1982 P Baron that the seller has been chasing AP issues on for the last month. Hopefully, flying again next week!!!

Congrats! I am just up the road in Phoenix (KDVT) if you need anything.
Tj

C: 602-628-2701

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2019, 21:32 

Post Likes: +34
Company: Formerly: BE58
Aircraft: 1976 Baron 58
Welcome Jeff,
You found a great new set of buddies here.
Dave

[color=#0000BF]Dave Lawlor, ATP
BPPP Instructor
CFI, CFII, MEI
CL-65 Type
KMWC

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2019, 15:19 

Company: Aircraft Mangement
Aircraft: PBaron
Welcome aboard. The P Baron is a great xcountry aircraft for sure. Do fly it conservatively and be very attuned to power management and the maintenance bills won’t empty your wallet.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2019, 21:04 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +457
Aircraft: 1960 Bonanza M35
I just moved to Tucson and sold my 2004 T182T when I left Illinois. I needed a good cross country platform and decided the P Baron was the ticket. Got my multi rating in October and am now ready to roll. The P Baron has a lot of complexity going on and I'd like to be able to leverage the collected knowledge here in the forum. I hope to close next week on a 1982 P Baron that the seller has been chasing AP issues on for the last month. Hopefully, flying again next week!!!

At which airport do you plan to be based ? I'm at 57AZ.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2019, 21:31 

Post Likes: +251
Aircraft: Cirrus SR22
Hi Jefferey. Welcome to the forum. While I am of not help in the P Baron arena, I can tell you that a P Baron is on my radar and I would be interested in hearing more about your story. Such as, your twin rating. You got that in October? Where did you do that? What kind of aircraft? Did you sell your 182 already or did you take the MEI course and rating while traveling around in the 182. Secondly, and this is something you might not want to answer but as a newer pilot myself, this will be critical. Insurance. Were you able to get it on the P Baron? Maybe not since you have not closed yet. So have you shopped? What is it like? I am a 325 hours Insturment rated single engine pilot. No twin and no retract gear time. I have considered going on ahead and getting my MEI rating....but then again, no clue where to do that etc. Anyways, congrats! Feel free to share how you got to this point...buying a P baron.

Today we had a long 4.5 hour grind from Disney to KY and a nice roomy back seat of rite wife and kiddo to sack out in would have been great....

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2019, 12:58 

Welcome aboard. The P Baron is a great xcountry aircraft for sure. Do fly it conservatively and be very attuned to power management and the maintenance bills won’t empty your wallet.

Noticed the fuel burn during the test flight to 17.5. Was pretty impressive. I'll watch the power....

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2019, 12:59 

I just moved to Tucson and sold my 2004 T182T when I left Illinois. I needed a good cross country platform and decided the P Baron was the ticket. Got my multi rating in October and am now ready to roll. The P Baron has a lot of complexity going on and I'd like to be able to leverage the collected knowledge here in the forum. I hope to close next week on a 1982 P Baron that the seller has been chasing AP issues on for the last month. Hopefully, flying again next week!!!

At which airport do you plan to be based ? I'm at 57AZ.

I'm going to start at KTUS. Long runways and a reasonable hangar rate. Was on the wait list at Marana for about 9 months....................

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2019, 13:04 

Hi Jefferey. Welcome to the forum. While I am of not help in the P Baron arena, I can tell you that a P Baron is on my radar and I would be interested in hearing more about your story. Such as, your twin rating. You got that in October? Where did you do that? What kind of aircraft? Did you sell your 182 already or did you take the MEI course and rating while traveling around in the 182. Secondly, and this is something you might not want to answer but as a newer pilot myself, this will be critical. Insurance. Were you able to get it on the P Baron? Maybe not since you have not closed yet. So have you shopped? What is it like? I am a 325 hours Insturment rated single engine pilot. No twin and no retract gear time. I have considered going on ahead and getting my MEI rating....but then again, no clue where to do that etc. Anyways, congrats! Feel free to share how you got to this point...buying a P baron.

Today we had a long 4.5 hour grind from Disney to KY and a nice roomy back seat of rite wife and kiddo to sack out in would have been great....

I sold my T182 to Van Bortel in April before I moved from Illinois to Tucson. I looked at B36TC and A36 but decided to go the twin route w/ pressurization. I did my multi-engine training in a Seneca II at Falcon Field in Mesa. 100 mile round trip for each session. Insurance was 'shocking' to say the least. I understand rates going up all over the country on all types of aircraft. The only multi and retract time I had was in the MEI training. I understand that I should get some relief around 200 hours... :D

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2019, 22:39 

Post Likes: +47
Aircraft: 2014 Baron G58
Congratulations Jeffrey and welcome! I likewise changed brands (before the Textron buyout) from a 182 to a G36 Bonanza then to the current G58 Baron. BPPP or ABS has great training programs available. Wish the pressurization was still available on the 58 for the wife’s sake. No doubt you’ll enjoy the aircraft and it’s capabilities.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2019, 15:51 

Post Likes: +262
Aircraft: Baron58P TJ488
Since you are new to multi engine flying and to a P Baron, I would strongly suggest you take an experienced P Baron pilot with you to do a thorough Pre Buy flight test. Take your time and fly the aircraft to 25,000 feet to check pressurization and Manifold Pressure. Be sure to use the AP/FD for a coupled approach. Use all avionics on board including radar, transponder, and both nav/com units. Use the heater. Check the use of the prop synch. Be sure to look at the alternator on start and on shut down to see they both carry the load. Use all systems on board and check their function. This flight will take about one hour, but it will save you a lot of money. Good luck.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 02:18 

Post Likes: +4124
Aircraft: Baron E55

I sold my T182 to Van Bortel in April before I moved from Illinois to Tucson. I looked at B36TC and A36 but decided to go the twin route w/ pressurization. I did my multi-engine training in a Seneca II at Falcon Field in Mesa. 100 mile round trip for each session. Insurance was 'shocking' to say the least. I understand rates going up all over the country on all types of aircraft. The only multi and retract time I had was in the MEI training. I understand that I should get some relief around 200 hours... :D

Welcome Jeff! :thumbup:

Another Illinoisan fleeing the state. We bugged out too. Good flying days again.

Pics or it didn’t happen! :rock:

Warren

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2019, 07:23 

Post Likes: +47
Aircraft: B36TC(TN) A350
Welcome

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2019, 15:49 

Welcome Jeff! :thumbup:

Another Illinoisan fleeing the state. We bugged out too. Good flying days again.

Pics or it didn’t happen! :rock:

Warren

Got it done. Haven't unloaded pics form my phone. Got out of NC before the weather turned rotten a week ago. Had to make a night exit, but had an experienced pilot with me!!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2019, 23:14 

Post Likes: +251
Aircraft: Cirrus SR22
That is fantastic man! Congrats! I wish you many many nice smooth flights up at FL250....maybe one day I'll get to join ya!

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next