24 Apr 2024, 03:39 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Greenwich AeroGroup (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Hello from Phoenix AZ - New to me G58 N523B
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 09:59 

Post Likes: +80
Aircraft: Baron G58, Vision Je
I joined this group a month ago and am grateful for the knowledge base and enthusiasm of its members. I believe the seller and I worked out a pleasant deal on this aircraft which was advertised on Controller and yes I paid for an annual as my pre-buy as I was fairly certain this was going to be my next ride and I wanted to reduce post purchase surprises. I have 1700 hrs TT, 100 in baron and travel air. I have owned several single engine aircraft including C172, C182, T210, and most recently, TTX. This is my first time owning a twin and I am looking forward to the experience. I attended the BPPP workshop in Tucson in January and plan to attend more type sponsored events.

Last edited on 11 Feb 2019, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New - to me G58 N523B
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 10:09 

Post Likes: +10526
Aircraft: Not in the cards
Congrats on the new to you airplane & welcome to BT!

Then there's this...

:pics:

Post subject: Re: Hello from Phoenix AZ - New to me G58 N523B
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 10:21 

agree and will post as soon as i figure that out. In the meantime, that is why I provided Tail# and Controller as it is posted there as well as Cutter Aviation Website.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 10:47 

Post Likes: +10526
Aircraft: Not in the cards
Well, in that case, we'll let you stay here, Robert. :duck: :cheers:

When composing a post, scroll down and you'll see "Upload attachment" section. Guidance for many of the features of BT is in the How To's & FAQS forum - the second one under "Forum Home."

viewforum.php?f=17

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 10:58 

Post Likes: +101
Here is a google search of the N number in the interim :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=N523B&tbm=isch&source=hp&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjc2YGd-LPgAhUhneAKHY7CCTEQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1886&bih=1354#imgrc=P-qQgo_6iASplM:

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 17:23 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +519
Company: Latitude Aviation
Aircraft: 2007 Bonanza G36
Username Protected wrote:
I joined this group a month ago and am grateful for the knowledge base and enthusiasm of its members. I believe the seller and I worked out a pleasant deal on this aircraft which was advertised on Controller and yes I paid for an annual as my pre-buy as I was fairly certain this was going to be my next ride and I wanted to reduce post purchase surprises. I have 1700 hrs TT, 100 in baron and travel air. I have owned several single engine aircraft including C172, C182, T210, and most recently, TTX. This is my first time owning a twin and I am looking forward to the experience. I attended the BPPP workshop in Tucson in January and plan to attend more type sponsored events.

Congratulations Robert and welcome to BeechTalk! N523B is a wonderful aircraft. I brokered/sold it 2 years ago to the gentleman you bought it from on behalf of the first owner (who was located in Ohio). I'll attach some pictures to this post so the BeechTalk masses can see what you bought. Let me know if you have any questions on the plane as I am intimately familiar with it and also have a ton of G36/G58 experience as well.

-Neal

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 22:26 

Post Likes: +1956
Looking good! Congrats! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 01:41 

Post Likes: +5148
Company: Rusnak Auto Group
Aircraft: Baron B55 N7123N
Yep, that indeed is one heck of a great looking G58. Tailwinds with nothing but safe flying with your family, friends & associates. :pilot:

Sven

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 08:51 

Post Likes: +326
Aircraft: 2003 Baron B58
Robert,

I acquired a B58 - TH2048 - in December 2017 and have put a little over 500 hours on her since then. Prior to that, I flew a 1992 A36 for 2000 hours and have around 2800 total.

My home drome in Allentown, PA. The Baron has been a wonderful plane and fits my mission very well. The additional weather capability - on board radar & FIKI - have made a difference in my ability to “go”. Having said that, learning radar (recommend Archie Trammell material) and continuing to build knowledge of icing has been very important to me.

Then there is the matter of additional training that I believe is critical to operating a twin. I just completed a “Baron Recurrent Program” with Richard Greene (Century Air) at Caldwell, NJ in December. It was extremely helpful and, like a lot of things in aviation, showed me how much I don’t know because I didn’t know. Green is demanding and extremely knowledgeable and I feel better prepared every time I start the engines. And, I have committed to recurrent training every year.

I have worked to fly with as many experienced pilots as possible to mine their considerable skills and utilized the ABS programs and instructors, particularly Greg Keshishian in my area and would recommend that to you.

I had the pleasure of having Doug Rozendaal in the right seat and suggest you have a look at the extremely well done videos (you can find them here) that Martin Pauley produced “starring” Martin & Doug.

I fly frequently and believe that helps. Just last Friday I flew back from FL after parking the plane for over three weeks. I was amazed at how “rusty” I felt.

If you like your Baron as much as I do, you’ll get a ton of utility out of it and four times as much pleasure as utility. I think it’s a great airplane.

Having said that, like any airplane, it demands respect.

Flying is easy until it isn’t. Training and currency are something I am absolutely committed to, so I can be prepared for the “isn’t.

Feel free to reach out if there is anything I can be of help with.

Congratulations - it looks like a beautiful ship!

Regards,

Tom W

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 10:23 

Congratulations Robert and welcome to BeechTalk! N523B is a wonderful aircraft. I brokered/sold it 2 years ago to the gentleman you bought it from on behalf of the first owner (who was located in Ohio). I'll attach some pictures to this post so the BeechTalk masses can see what you bought. Let me know if you have any questions on the plane as I am intimately familiar with it and also have a ton of G36/G58 experience as well.

-Neal

Thank you Neal! That is my new plane! I appreciate you taking the time to send those pics and will call you to discuss her pedigree. I have so many questions and am enjoying the new journey...

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 10:28 

Robert,

I acquired a B58 - TH2048 - in December 2017 and have put a little over 500 hours on her since then. Prior to that, I flew a 1992 A36 for 2000 hours and have around 2800 total.

My home drome in Allentown, PA. The Baron has been a wonderful plane and fits my mission very well. The additional weather capability - on board radar & FIKI - have made a difference in my ability to “go”. Having said that, learning radar (recommend Archie Trammell material) and continuing to build knowledge of icing has been very important to me.

Then there is the matter of additional training that I believe is critical to operating a twin. I just completed a “Baron Recurrent Program” with Richard Greene (Century Air) at Caldwell, NJ in December. It was extremely helpful and, like a lot of things in aviation, showed me how much I don’t know because I didn’t know. Green is demanding and extremely knowledgeable and I feel better prepared every time I start the engines. And, I have committed to recurrent training every year.

I have worked to fly with as many experienced pilots as possible to mine their considerable skills and utilized the ABS programs and instructors, particularly Greg Keshishian in my area and would recommend that to you.

I had the pleasure of having Doug Rozendaal in the right seat and suggest you have a look at the extremely well done videos (you can find them here) that Martin Pauley produced “starring” Martin & Doug.

I fly frequently and believe that helps. Just last Friday I flew back from FL after parking the plane for over three weeks. I was amazed at how “rusty” I felt.

If you like your Baron as much as I do, you’ll get a ton of utility out of it and four times as much pleasure as utility. I think it’s a great airplane.

Having said that, like any airplane, it demands respect.

Flying is easy until it isn’t. Training and currency are something I am absolutely committed to, so I can be prepared for the “isn’t.

Feel free to reach out if there is anything I can be of help with.

Congratulations - it looks like a beautiful ship!

Regards,

Tom W

Thank you Tom. I will definitely reach out to you. It sounds like you have the same interest and healthy respect I do as it relates to our machines. I can't express how appreciative I am of this community.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]