Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Please Welcome Brad
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 13:08 

Post Likes: +14517
Aircraft: Prior SR22T,V35B,182
Username Protected wrote:
Wanna go huckleberry picking?? :D

Thx for the heads up on turmeric. Have a bottle sitting on the shelf.

I told Stan this morning that, even as far as it is, I'm going to try to make it next year.

ID is not anywhere I remotely desired to go before BT. But you guys have shown purt'near paradise.

As for turmeric, I was taking ibuprofen just about daily - especially on work out days. All the recent news on it's health affects concerned me. Looked for an alternate solution and a Physical Therapists recommended turmeric. Lots of other positives, as well. Since I began taking it every day with meals (3x daily for 4 months), I literally have taken ONE ibuprofen for a headache I couldn't shake.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 13:17 

Post Likes: +10440
Aircraft: 182
Nate, best to come when there is no big event. That way we can apply full Idaho personal attention.

Make a plan and come on up. Plenty of places to stay right here.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 14:08 

Post Likes: +7268
Aircraft: 1964 Bonanza S35
If Brad doesn't respond to his given name, try "Lil Tank." :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 18:01 

Post Likes: +269
Aircraft: A36, C182
Monique and Mike G at Suphur Creek. Breakfast in Adult Summer Camp. 'cause pics or it didn't happen.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 18:09 

Post Likes: +17159
Aircraft: Baron, 180,195,J-3
I noted that Brad and his wife, Monique, made a first post in the FS column....(talking about a 206 for sale).

Brad and Monique are two of the nicest people you’ll ever meet....live in ID....and are in the “Nirvana neighborhood” around Cascade.

Please say hello to them....Brad just soloed...and desperately needs a 182. Tom needs a 206...I think something should happen here.....

stan

I may have to hurt you. :beechslap:

Oh, yeah. Welcome, Brad! :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: Yea Tom, like you have to be cajoled into buying another airplane. :bugeye:

Jgreen

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 20:47 

Post Likes: +63
Aircraft: Cessna 182C
If Brad doesn't respond to his given name, try "Lil Tank." :lol:

:clap:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 21:36 

Post Likes: +3998
Aircraft: C195, D17S, M20TN
Welcome Brad and Monique. You'll have a great home here on BT and Cascade! Good luck on your PPL, have fun it's the best time in life...

The trash talk between Stan and Tom is hogwash, waste of breath. In my short time around BT I don't believe either has passed on a plane that was for sale and within 30'. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 14:19 

I did it, I passed my checkride! Huge call out to Mike Grommet, Andrea Cannon, Tracy Barrus, Tom Gresham, Stan Musick and John Blakely for their mentorship, friendship and encouragement. Also to AvCenter in Nampa, Idaho for being a awesome FBO and having Brian Case, an excellent CFI. A couple of pointers to anyone considering getting their PPL that we helpful to me along the way.
- Find a mentor who you can ask questions to in addition to your CFI. I was super lucky in this respect with those mentioned above and many others along the way.
- Get to know other student pilots, my CFI introduced a couple of us along the way. If you can fly with the other student in there lessons, you will learn nearly as much as flying yourself.
- Study with the other students, this was a lot of fun and very helpful when you created scenario questions for each other as prep for the oral.
- if possible pre-meet with your examiner, they really do want you to pass and it reduced the nerves on the big day.
- Hold to your personal minimums on your check ride day. I did not and although I passed the wind was at 17 Kts with gusts to 25 kts. The desire to get it done vs. coming back on a calmer day was a key life lesson. My examiner made it the point abundantly clear that I had violated my own rules and we discussed at length pre-flight. He could have easily failed me for this alone, but we worked through it together. A lesson I will not forget and I start on the pilot learning curve.

Happy New year to all!!

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 14:21 

Post Likes: +12386
Aircraft: C182
Congrats, Brad! I also hear that you recently flew Mike's 182 (with the big engine). So, how was that? ;)

Ready to buy a 182 now?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 14:43 

Post Likes: +890
Aircraft: 1966 Bonanza V35
I did it, I passed my checkride! Huge call out to Mike Grommet, Andrea Cannon, Tracy Barrus, Tom Gresham, Stan Musick and John Blakely for their mentorship, friendship and encouragement. Also to AvCenter in Nampa, Idaho for being a awesome FBO and having Brian Case, an excellent CFI. A couple of pointers to anyone considering getting their PPL that we helpful to me along the way.
- Find a mentor who you can ask questions to in addition to your CFI. I was super lucky in this respect with those mentioned above and many others along the way.
- Get to know other student pilots, my CFI introduced a couple of us along the way. If you can fly with the other student in there lessons, you will learn nearly as much as flying yourself.
- Study with the other students, this was a lot of fun and very helpful when you created scenario questions for each other as prep for the oral.
- if possible pre-meet with your examiner, they really do want you to pass and it reduced the nerves on the big day.
- Hold to your personal minimums on your check ride day. I did not and although I passed the wind was at 17 Kts with gusts to 25 kts. The desire to get it done vs. coming back on a calmer day was a key life lesson. My examiner made it the point abundantly clear that I had violated my own rules and we discussed at length pre-flight. He could have easily failed me for this alone, but we worked through it together. A lesson I will not forget and I start on the pilot learning curve.

Happy New year to all!!

Congrats on the PPL and welcome to Bt, Brad, we’ll done. :thumbup:
Now, all we need is Monique to pass hers. :cheers:

“Only thing better than a Bonanza is 2 Bonanzas"

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 15:13 

Post Likes: +192
Aircraft: Bonanza A36
Welcome Brad and Monique! And congrats on passing your check ride Brad! :cheers:

You already learned a good lesson - know when it is not a good day for you to go flying. That barometer will change over time as you get more and more comfortable, but be confident saying "no" to a flight. It's a good skill for all pilots to have!

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 16:17 

Post Likes: +6112
Aircraft: 1979 Bonanza A36
Very nice Brad! :thumbup: As for the mentor comment, you have some of the best there is with Mike, Stan, and Tom. The only problem is that Tom thinks you are supposed to change planes when you change the oil....

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 16:36 

Post Likes: +12386
Aircraft: C182
Very nice Brad! :thumbup: As for the mentor comment, you have some of the best there is with Mike, Stan, and Tom. The only problem is that Tom thinks you are supposed to change planes when you change the oil....

Not quite.

I just have a different idea of what "doing an annual" means.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 00:39 

Congrats, Brad! I also hear that you recently flew Mike's 182 (with the big engine). So, how was that? ;)

Ready to buy a 182 now?

Mike’s plane is dream to fly! So much smooth power and some excellent coaching I throughly loved it.
Seriously looking for a 182.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 00:46 

Not quite.

I just have a different idea of what "doing an annual" means.

I like your style!!

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next