Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Re: Please Welcome Brad
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 00:47 

Post Likes: +63
Aircraft: Cessna 182C
Username Protected wrote:
Very nice Brad! :thumbup: As for the mentor comment, you have some of the best there is with Mike, Stan, and Tom. The only problem is that Tom thinks you are supposed to change planes when you change the oil....

Very blessed for sure!!

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 00:52 

Very nice Brad! :thumbup: As for the mentor comment, you have some of the best there is with Mike, Stan, and Tom. The only problem is that Tom thinks you are supposed to change planes when you change the oil....

Very blessed for sure!!

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 00:55 

Post Likes: +212
Aircraft: 1975 Bonanza A36TN
Congrats, Great to have one move pilot in the Boise area sounds like you have lots of people to fly with but if you want one more let me know love to get the Bonanza out. Also interested in your experience learning to fly at Avcenter both my daughters are getting started. If you see my hangar open or me at the gas pumps say high I have a Tan A36 my hangar faces east closest to the runway at Nampa.

Welcome to the club.
Todd

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 03:37 

Post Likes: +4509
Company: Inscrutable Fasteners, LLC
Aircraft: Planeless
Hi Brad!

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2018, 14:15 

Congrats, Great to have one move pilot in the Boise area sounds like you have lots of people to fly with but if you want one more let me know love to get the Bonanza out. Also interested in your experience learning to fly at Avcenter both my daughters are getting started. If you see my hangar open or me at the gas pumps say high I have a Tan A36 my hangar faces east closest to the runway at Nampa.

Welcome to the club.
Todd

Hi Todd, I will be sure to watch for the open hangar! I can't recommend AvCenter high enough.
- They have 3 instructors (possibly more) that I got to know over the last 5 months. Each has a unique teaching style and at least for me each has differing hours to work around schedules. During the summer, Brian Case and I would start flying at 9pm and end about 10-10:30pm. Instructor rates were in the $40-$50 per hour.
- For planes they have two 172's available so getting a plane was not typically an issue. One them is a XP so you can get some exposure to a constant speed prop, a different radio set up etc. The price is extremely reasonable from what I could find in comparison with I believe it was $68 an hour wet for the 172 and slightly more the XP. The planes are well maintained.
- They have a club you join for about $300 to get these rate. Don't quote me on the rates as they could be off by a couple bucks or change with the new year. There were no hidden surprises or fees and I guarantee my CFI very often did not charge me for all the time he spent with me, your mileage may vary.
- Last but certianly not least was the staff at Avcenter, it simply does not get much better. The staff was friendly, helpful, personal, and was truly vested in your success. An example was studing for my Pratical exam when I asked Andy, one of the folks in the office who is also a pilot, to help me identify all the antenas on the plane. He spent about 20 minutes out at the plane with me in the blowing rain going through them. He did it all with smile and this was reflective off all the people there.
- I searched my little brain pretty hard for negatives to be balanced, but about the only things I could come up with were little nits. The flip-flop switch on the radio was finicky, the GPS map was not up to date (but it is an VFR plane) and there are no glass cockpits to experience. Bottom-line, I only have one point of comparison in getting my license, but not sure how they would have made it a better experience. So exciting to hear about you getting the girls started!! My wife is next in our family!!

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2018, 14:51 

Post Likes: +212
Aircraft: 1975 Bonanza A36TN

Welcome to the club.
Todd

Hi Todd, I will be sure to watch for the open hangar! I can't recommend AvCenter high enough.
- They have 3 instructors (possibly more) that I got to know over the last 5 months. Each has a unique teaching style and at least for me each has differing hours to work around schedules. During the summer, Brian Case and I would start flying at 9pm and end about 10-10:30pm. Instructor rates were in the $40-$50 per hour.
- For planes they have two 172's available so getting a plane was not typically an issue. One them is a XP so you can get some exposure to a constant speed prop, a different radio set up etc. The price is extremely reasonable from what I could find in comparison with I believe it was $68 an hour wet for the 172 and slightly more the XP. The planes are well maintained.
- They have a club you join for about $300 to get these rate. Don't quote me on the rates as they could be off by a couple bucks or change with the new year. There were no hidden surprises or fees and I guarantee my CFI very often did not charge me for all the time he spent with me, your mileage may vary.
- Last but certianly not least was the staff at Avcenter, it simply does not get much better. The staff was friendly, helpful, personal, and was truly vested in your success. An example was studing for my Pratical exam when I asked Andy, one of the folks in the office who is also a pilot, to help me identify all the antenas on the plane. He spent about 20 minutes out at the plane with me in the blowing rain going through them. He did it all with smile and this was reflective off all the people there.
- I searched my little brain pretty hard for negatives to be balanced, but about the only things I could come up with were little nits. The flip-flop switch on the radio was finicky, the GPS map was not up to date (but it is an VFR plane) and there are no glass cockpits to experience. Bottom-line, I only have one point of comparison in getting my license, but not sure how they would have made it a better experience. So exciting to hear about you getting the girls started!! My wife is next in our family!!

Thanks for the info that matches what I have heard from other people as well.

Look forward to meeting you.

Todd

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2018, 12:56 

Post Likes: +2
Company: none
Aircraft: C-152
Happy New Year Brad, Welcome. As I like to say in this forum, you are in the right place and among friends!

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3