28 Mar 2024, 06:07 [ UTC - 5; DST ]

Concorde Battery (banner)

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Username Protected Message
 Post subject: Hello all from Argentina!
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2017, 13:55 

Post Likes: +3
Aircraft: Piper pa11
I joined BT quite some time ago but as I do not own a Beechcraft or fly one (yet), I have never posted anything, but it is amazing how much I am learning about this incredible machines. There are so many people here with so much knowledge that I spend lot of hours a week reading the forum.

My name is Fernando, I am 32 years old and I am from Azul, not so far away from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have the private pilot license with around 200+ flying hours and now doing the last ones before the exam to get the CPL. All of them flown in Piper PA11, and Cessnas 1xx.

I want to become a Bonanza owner since at least one year and right now I am after one P35 located in the United States but of course it is a lot of trouble to arrange things from so far away. So in the short future I will need a lot of advice from you guys.
The idea is to buy a Bonanza in the US and fly it here to Argentina. :ohno:

Glad to meet you all and thanks in advance!

Fernando Abella

Post subject: Re: Hello all from Argentina!
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2017, 15:16 

Post Likes: +6751
Aircraft: V35B
Username Protected wrote:
I joined BT quite some time ago but as I do not own a Beechcraft or fly one (yet), I have never posted anything, but it is amazing how much I am learning about this incredible machines. There are so many people here with so much knowledge that I spend lot of hours a week reading the forum.

My name is Fernando, I am 32 years old and I am from Azul, not so far away from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have the private pilot license with around 200+ flying hours and now doing the last ones before the exam to get the CPL. All of them flown in Piper PA11, and Cessnas 1xx.

I want to become a Bonanza owner since at least one year and right now I am after one P35 located in the United States but of course it is a lot of trouble to arrange things from so far away. So in the short future I will need a lot of advice from you guys.
The idea is to buy a Bonanza in the US and fly it here to Argentina. :ohno:

Glad to meet you all and thanks in advance!

Fernando Abella

Welcome Fernando,

Congratulations on your first 200 hours flying, and good luck to you on your Commercial. Do you have plans to fly for hire? Or, do you want to fly for a carrier? Or, just want the certificate for the added knowledge/training.

Thanks for introducing yourself. The P model Bonanzas are GREAT airplanes, as are all Beechcraft. Where is the P model located? If you post a link to the ad, you can get a lot of advice on it.

Look forward to hearing more from you, and maybe meet you at a BT event one day :cheers: :thumbup: :bud:

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2017, 19:29 

WWW  Profile

Post Likes: +593
Aircraft: L-39 Albatros
Hi Fernando,

Welcome! I'm from the US but living in Buenos Aires (CABA) right now. I got my PPA here last year and have around 200 hours in Argentina. I plan to fly my plane from the US to Argentina around the end of this year, and keep it here for a few months. Let me know if I can help you with anything, or if you're ever up in Capital.

-chris

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2017, 21:38 

Post Likes: +1954
Fernando, welcome to BT! :thumbup:

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2017, 08:16 

Post Likes: +795
Bienvenido!!!

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2017, 10:02 

Post Likes: +1301
Company: Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Aircraft: 1991 Bonanza A36
Welcome, Fernando!

Thanks for sharing a cool story and safe journeys!

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 15:09 

Hello again everyone, I finally bought a Beech a couple of months ago, but not a Bonanza as I wanted. The pre purchase inspection on the P35 I was after revealed some not ferrous metal in the oil so I had to pass. And because the import taxes here in Argentina became really high (around 50% of the plane price) I had to lower the budget a bit. I am now the owner of a 1975 Beech Sport B19. The plane needed an annual and some work but nothing too serious fortunately. Since some weeks ago I have finally the export certificate and can now bring it to Argentina, hopefully next month, flying with a pilot friend.
The Beech is at Lowell, Michigan, where the A&P has his workshop, close to Grand Rapids. We will fly all VFR and taking it easy, without any hurry. We planned from Lowell to somewhere in Tennessee, probably Warren County Memorial Airport because of the cheap fuel and then northern/central Florida, then Fort Lauderdale and a lot of water later (Bahamas, Providenciales, etc.). I know the legs are quite long but it will all depend on weather, as I said before, we have the time to wait. Always trying to avoid in the US the B and C airspaces (I still have to read about the ADB-S OUT thing).
I just bought a couple of life vests but I still need a good gps and two headsets, so if you know of somebody that wants to sell them cheap please let me know. My budget is super low at the moment.
And of course I would appreciate every tip or advice you can give me regarding the flights from MI to FL as I have never flown in the US. Maybe I can meet some BT friends in between.
I still have to join the Beech Aero Club forum, I know they will be a lot of help.
Thank you all in advance and I will keep you updated if you want and will try later to upload some pics of N6993R.

Fernando Abella

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 16:01 

WWW  Profile

Congrats Fernando... what is the range on your B19?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 17:53 

Congrats Fernando... what is the range on your B19?

Thanks Chris, are you still living in Buenos Aires? Did you bring your plane? I am now living in Olivos, next to CABA.
The range of the B19 is around 600 NM in best economy cruise (I think it is a bit optimistic). Probably we will fly 500 NM legs top.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 18:10 

WWW  Profile

Thanks Chris, are you still living in Buenos Aires? Did you bring your plane? I am now living in Olivos, next to CABA.
The range of the B19 is around 600 NM in best economy cruise (I think it is a bit optimistic). Probably we will fly 500 NM legs top.

I'm in Austin, Texas right now, but still spend some time in BA. I did fly my plane from Texas to Argentina in 2018. I have a big thread about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=148401

500NM should be enough to fly via the Caribbean and Brazil. Turks & Caicos might be expensive, but there are other stops. I did MDPP (Puerto Plata DR) - Puerto Rico - St. Martin - Grenada - French Guyana. You might have to use some shorter legs, maybe Trinidad & Tobago, or Georgetown Guyana. In Brazil, Macapá is probably better than Belem because it's a smaller airport. Getting the plane into brazil is a quilombo with customs & their tax office.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 12:27 

I'm in Austin, Texas right now, but still spend some time in BA. I did fly my plane from Texas to Argentina in 2018. I have a big thread about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=148401

500NM should be enough to fly via the Caribbean and Brazil. Turks & Caicos might be expensive, but there are other stops. I did MDPP (Puerto Plata DR) - Puerto Rico - St. Martin - Grenada - French Guyana. You might have to use some shorter legs, maybe Trinidad & Tobago, or Georgetown Guyana. In Brazil, Macapá is probably better than Belem because it's a smaller airport. Getting the plane into brazil is a quilombo with customs & their tax office.

Thanks again Chris, lot of good information in your thread, will read it deeply tonight.
What I planned is: Lowell-McMinneville-(somewhere north/central Florida)-Fort Lauderdale-Providenciales-St.Marteen-Grenada-Georgetown(Guyana)-Boa Vista- Itaituba-Sinop-Campo Grande-Posadas (Arg)- San Fernando.
Still have to decide a stop in between Providenciales and St. Marteen. Not looking forward to fly 5 hs over the amazonas but after flying over so much water in the Caribbean I think I will be ok (I have to really trust my mechanic).
I am aware of the quilombo about flying in Brazil, I am a bit afraid of that because I will be flying a November but with a license and medical from Argentina (even though they will be certified by the FAA)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 12:38 

A couple of pics of The Beech, sorry for the bad quality but I don’t have so many.

Please login or Register for a free account via the link in the red bar above to download files.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 13:20 

Post Likes: +1404
Aircraft: A36
It looks very much a Beech -always a compliment on this site. Should be a great trip taking her to her new home.

Others have much more experience of over-water trips than I, but please consider a raft and some sort or EPIRB. If you don't rent a good raft consider consider buying a cheap PVC. Even a toy-like one would keep the two of you together and present an easier target for Search and Rescue. There are plenty of other cheap, small and light devices to make you more visible.

Ashley

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 13:33 

Post Likes: +2473
Aircraft: 210
Congratulations on the purchase of your Beech Sport. It should provide good service.

My wife and I will be in Buenos Aires for a week in September. We are looking forward to seeing the city and especially a side trip to Iguazu Falls.

Michael Magnell, a well known ferry pilot, recommends using Bryan, based in Boa Vista, for all the Brazilian flight arrangements. According to Michael this guy is top notch and handles everything for only $200US. Bryan can be reached at phone #: +5595991110171

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]